Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:23 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
You JUST realized this AZBear?

Here is another fact, NOT ALL Hispanics are illegal....

Wouldn't the same rules apply to both?
Illegal aliens: Hispanic or not; need to leave the USA.

Too: it is high time for Americans of 'Hispanic' background to say that as well.

Although; anymore 'Hispanic' or 'Latino' are code words for (usually) Mestizos clinging to an archaic form of Spanish culture. The irony is sickening since the original Hispanics were indeed White (much closer genetically to Anglo Whites than Aztecs, etc as it is) yet instead of the Mestizos repudiating the culture of the conquistador they kiss the hand that slapped them.

Can someone say Stockholm Syndrome?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 09:36 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
While the "old lady" in the original story specifically targeted 'Hispanics' in her demand that 'they'...(presumably ALL of them) 'get out'....(of her neighborhood?....her county?...her state?..her country?...her life?....she doesn't specify, only that she wants them "out"), the 'Mexica' demonstrators in the above photo, by contrast, specifically aim their demands ONLY at White Racists, AND Europeans. Presumably, (at least, in theory), they're all right with "NON-racist whites", or Whites NOT born in Europe.

Therefore, the original 'old lady' was truly guilty of an 'ethnic slur' (not 'racism', as there's no such 'race' as Hispanic), while the Mexica group specifically calls for only the "racist" portion of the white community to head "back" to Europe.

In their defense, this IS their right; and they DID have the courtesy to make their demands in English. Whether this was because they wanted to make sure the message was clear to an English-speaking 'target audience'....or whether the demonstrators themselves were unable to write in any language OTHER than English, is not clear from the photo.

The 'Mexica' people also fail to mention their demands, if any, for those who are racists, but are only HALF white. Should these "half-white" racists go "halfway back to Europe". Nowhere in the photo is this question answered, leaving us to guess.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:52 AM

Location: A wonderful, socioeconomically, ethnically, and culturally diverse little town
70 posts, read 74,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
NO. But hispanics can be blamed for turning a blind eye, for providing shelter and aid.
Maybe I didn't rob the bank but I let the bank robbers hide out at my house. That makes me a partner.
My husband and children are Mexican-American, as are many of our relatives. None of us have "provid[ed] shelter and aid" to illegal immigrants. Nor has even one Mexican-American I know, and I know many. Yet, racism against my family and friends is justified because some people do? What do you propose my family and I do to prove to people like you that we are not worthy of such demonization? Should we become vigilantes? How do you suggest we discern between those who are "illegal" and those who are not?

Old 07-27-2009, 10:04 AM

291 posts, read 413,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
As for this old-lady, she is that, old. What's bad is that there are obviously English Speaking American Hispanics in her neighborhood that she is offending and alienating. It shows the era that she came from, my white grandparents gave my white father a very hard time for marrying a mexican woman...it shows the ignorance of the era, is all.

It's always an old white person who put signs like this up, I rarely hear about any other race being so overtly racist. On one hand I appreciate her honesty, on the other I fear that her children will carry such a burden of ignorance and propagate it.
Could I ask you if you might think the woman perhaps for a very long time has put up with the neighborhood going down or perhaps the reverse discrimination we see so often lately has taken it toll? Or maybe she has just had it with the masses that have invaded and hang out all day collecting welfare?

People when pushed hard like what we have felt and seen in the last several years, with the sheer massive amounts that come here with no inkling of becoming committed citizens that take over low income neighborhoods and jobs, results in these extreme attitudes.
I myself before it was just became to many and too many of the worst elements welcomed everyone to the USA. Now knowing what the goal is of a big part of the people that have come here it is disgusting.

I do feel sorry for those that did come here to be good and become part of us, it's heart breaking that because so many rotten ones are here, overshadowing them that we have no choice to not feel bitter as a whole to protect ourselfs as such. I see the results daily of what happens when too many low educted low income immingrants come. its not nice at all.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:17 AM

Location: A wonderful, socioeconomically, ethnically, and culturally diverse little town
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Here is another display of the ignorance that you claim is bliss. This grupo clearly demonstrates how ignorance and fear can lead to hatred of a particular group of people. And frankly, I've seen many more signs portraying this particular train of thought over the years than I have seen signs telling hispanics to keep out.
That would only be a good comparison if the signs read "whites go back to Europe" rather than "white *racists* go back to Europe." Then, and then only, would it be comparable. Fortunately, unlike the woman's sign which demanded that "Hispanics [in general] keep out," rather than "illegal immigrants keep out," the sign displayed by Latinos discerns between racists and non-racists. It isn't targeting race, but racism.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:20 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,788,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I guess ignorance is a bliss.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

This video shows how one caucasian American is exercising her freedom of speech by posting a sign that says, "Hispanics keep out".

Not in violation of any law but it certainly says how ignorance and fear can lead to hatred of a particular group of people.
To Hispanics that want to immigrate the legal way, I say "Welcome". To the many that do so illegally, I also say "Stay the ---k out"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
Could I ask you if you might think the woman perhaps for a very long time has put up with the neighborhood going down...Or maybe she has just had it with the masses that have invaded and hang out all day collecting welfare?
Why do you assume that this has even occurred, or that if it has, Mexican immigrants are to blame?

Quote:
People when pushed hard like what we have felt and seen in the last several years, with the sheer massive amounts that come here with no inkling of becoming committed citizens that take over low income neighborhoods and jobs, results in these extreme attitudes.
But you just indicated that they're here to collect welfare. Now, you say they're taking our jobs. Which is it?

Quote:
I myself before it was just became to many and too many of the worst elements welcomed everyone to the USA. Now knowing what the goal is of a big part of the people that have come here it is disgusting.
What is that "goal," what percentage of them share it, and how do you know - because of a few loud-mouths?

Quote:
I do feel sorry for those that did come here to be good and become part of us, it's heart breaking that because so many rotten ones are here, overshadowing them that we have no choice to not feel bitter as a whole to protect ourselfs as such. I see the results daily of what happens when too many low educted low income immingrants come. its not nice at all.
I've shared a community with Mexican immigrants, both legal and illegal for forty-five years. I don't see the problems to which you refer - at least not on a large scale. It's the exception rather than the rule - the same as it is for any other race/nationality.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marfa View Post
My husband and children are Mexican-American, as are many of our relatives. None of us have "provid[ed] shelter and aid" to illegal immigrants. Nor has even one Mexican-American I know, and I know many. Yet, racism against my family and friends is justified because some people do? What do you propose my family and I do to prove to people like you that we are not worthy of such demonization? Should we become vigilantes? How do you suggest we discern between those who are "illegal" and those who are not?
Do you have any better ideas on how to eliminate the plague of illegal aliens; most of whom are Mestizo Hispanic, from the USA than using 'profiling'?

I am being quite serious here since many a true blue American of 'Mexican' heritage is becoming quite worried as well over what you described.

Although I do find it interesting that 'Mestizo looking' American Indians, stereotypical Anglos, Asians, light skinned Blacks, E Indians, Arabs, as well as Sicilians do not seem to have a problem being profiled while LE is looking for illegal aliens.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:00 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
While the "old lady" in the original story specifically targeted 'Hispanics' in her demand that 'they'...(presumably ALL of them) 'get out'....(of her neighborhood?....her county?...her state?..her country?...her life?....she doesn't specify, only that she wants them "out"), the 'Mexica' demonstrators in the above photo, by contrast, specifically aim their demands ONLY at White Racists, AND Europeans. Presumably, (at least, in theory), they're all right with "NON-racist whites", or Whites NOT born in Europe.

Therefore, the original 'old lady' was truly guilty of an 'ethnic slur' (not 'racism', as there's no such 'race' as Hispanic), while the Mexica group specifically calls for only the "racist" portion of the white community to head "back" to Europe.

In their defense, this IS their right; and they DID have the courtesy to make their demands in English. Whether this was because they wanted to make sure the message was clear to an English-speaking 'target audience'....or whether the demonstrators themselves were unable to write in any language OTHER than English, is not clear from the photo.

The 'Mexica' people also fail to mention their demands, if any, for those who are racists, but are only HALF white. Should these "half-white" racists go "halfway back to Europe". Nowhere in the photo is this question answered, leaving us to guess.
Hopefully this will clear things up for you.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:15 AM

And of course; 'Aztlan' is a fraud anyway----------the Aztecs (or their descendents) never ranged as far north as what is now the USA till the White (Hispanic) Spaniards came along.

And note the choice of weapon: the AK-47; it was a 'White boy' invention.

The la raza hypocrisy is astounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration