U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times

Advertisements

where do you get your info?
you seem to think you know a lot about these "la raza" people. you dont. half the stuf you write sounds made up...in your own mind.

i can tell you this much:

these la raza/mecha/mexica people IDEALIZE/IDOLIZE anything Indigenous. including apaches and yaquis and black feet and huichol and seminole. they would never consider them "anglo". stop spreading lies. you only discredit yourself. and it makes you look very, very UNINFORMED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In the eyes of the la raza hypocrite losers: even a fullblood Apache is an 'Anglo'.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:04 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
macmeal, can you please explain what you mean by the "sophisticated" populace of the US? Thanks.

Migrations have been around since the begining of time. It was not until we criminalized it that people began to form negative stereotypes associated with it. We cant stop nature (migrations) but we can control them with border restrictions. However, the one that criminalized it, is almost always with total control and power and that power can be abused. Why are we excusing those that criminalize and at the same time commit the same crimes by aiding the immigrants? Isnt that the same form of crime?

BTW, soft racism is still racism.
I was being sarcastic...(that's why 'sophisticated' was written in quotes). My point was that for SOME people (including some very NICE, very well-meaning, very 'caring' people that I've known personally), the illegals coming across the border aren't expected to understand our laws; have no way of knowing they've done anything 'wrong'...and have no idea why Americans may be annoyed by their coming here illegally...because (and I quote here) they're "simple people" from "simple backgrounds"....and this is in contrast to "us", the American populace..ALL of whom, (as you know), are knowledgeable, well-educated, 'sophisticated' people....

As I said, this was written in a spirit of sarcasm. I don't believe that way myself; I do NOT think Americans are all open-minded 'sophisticates'...and I do NOT believe that illegals are all guileless, innocent rural 'rustics' who don't "know any better" than to illegally cross the border. I don't believe EITHER of these things....but was 'poking fun' at those who DO..Some of whom, as I said, I've known personally.

Keep up the posts...

Old 08-12-2009, 01:13 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Most countries illegal immigration is a crime.
Basically, yes. MANY things that were once the 'lot in life' for all mankind, were not 'illegal', per se....they just 'happened'. Invasion, pillage, plunder, rape, mayhem, the 'trashing' of cities and the 'carrying off' of young maidens into sexual bondage (and young men into slavery)...all of these were once perfectly "normal", and probably not even 'illegal' as we'd understand that term today. So, of course, was 'free migration' of groups back-and-forth across the landscape. It happened. It was the 'normal' condition of all mankind, prior to modern times.

Today, ALL of these things are almost universally accepted as "illegal" by modern societies and sovereign governments, pretty much everywhere...and the places where these things DO still happen, are NOT places that most of us would want to live in.

What went on in a 'simpler time' can not neccessarily continue today....and 'free immigration' is one of these things. In a modern world of 'nation-states' and 'organized government' and 'boundaries', it just won't work.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:34 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
where do you get your info?
you seem to think you know a lot about these "la raza" people. you dont. half the stuf you write sounds made up...in your own mind.

i can tell you this much:

these la raza/mecha/mexica people IDEALIZE/IDOLIZE anything Indigenous. including apaches and yaquis and black feet and huichol and seminole. they would never consider them "anglo". stop spreading lies. you only discredit yourself. and it makes you look very, very UNINFORMED.

And I can tell you that quite a few American Indians look down on even Mestizo Hispanics as well.

Apparently; you and I know different sets of people

Old 08-12-2009, 02:17 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
ok...

but what the hell does that have to do with all the garbage lies and royal proclamations you post?

Quote:
And I can tell you that quite a few American Indians look down on even Mestizo Hispanics as well.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:29 PM

24 posts, read 17,031 times
Quote:

You should tell that to the many Native Americans(not "Indians") who have Spanish surnames. You should tell that to the many Latinos who are in fact Yaquis or part Yaqui. You should tell that to the people attending the sweat lodges out in your parts, who are of all races.

I think you're talking about part-Natives or others who associate with people like you. I wouldn't be surprised if all the people you associate with regardless of skin color holds your views.

But the true Native Americans in this country, who are very spiritual and tied to their culture, can be accepting of anybody. I have met many, and they don't look down on anyone...not even 'Mestizo Hispanics'. Why should they? Mestizo Hispanics are just people, humans like you. Isn't this forum about only illegal immigrants, and not Mexicans, Latinos, or Mestizos? "Mestizo Hispanics" is very race specific, and when unfairly criticizing people of a specific racial designation and culture, that becomes pretty obviously racist. People with your backwards views digust me, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't drag down those indigenous to America with you in your hate politics.

I've spent time with the Apaches in Arizona, and they are a great people. As The One said, many Mexicans/Chicanos are very interested in indigenous culture. They have a somewhat romanticized view on indigenous culture of the Americas, and feel a very strong connection with Native Americans in America. Your claims are completely false with no facts to back it up. I have a feeling you have no reason to say that, other than trying to spread your hate of Mexicans, or specifically as you put it, Mestizo Mexicans, to others through false means and lies.

As far as illegal immigration, many tribes are supporters of some changes to certain immigration laws as many are divided from their family and sacred sites in Canada, and Mexico. Some of their family being "Mestizo".

Last edited by ohword; 08-12-2009 at 05:36 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohword View Post
You should tell that to the many Native Americans(not "Indians") who have Spanish surnames. You should tell that to the many Latinos who are in fact Yaquis or part Yaqui. You should tell that to the people attending the sweat lodges out in your parts, who are of all races.

I think you're talking about part-Natives or others who associate with people like you. I wouldn't be surprised if all the people you associate with regardless of skin color holds your views.

But the true Native Americans in this country, who are very spiritual and tied to their culture, can be accepting of anybody. I have met many, and they don't look down on anyone...not even 'Mestizo Hispanics'. Why should they? Mestizo Hispanics are just people, humans like you. Isn't this forum about only illegal immigrants, and not Mexicans, Latinos, or Mestizos? "Mestizo Hispanics" is very race specific, and when unfairly criticizing people of a specific racial designation and culture, that becomes pretty obviously racist. People with your backwards views digust me, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't drag down those indigenous to America with you in your hate politics.

I've spent time with the Apaches in Arizona, and they are a great people. As The One said, many Mexicans/Chicanos are very interested in indigenous culture. They have a somewhat romanticized view on indigenous culture of the Americas, and feel a very strong connection with Native Americans in America. Your claims are completely false with no facts to back it up. I have a feeling you have no reason to say that, other than trying to spread your hate of Mexicans, or specifically as you put it, Mestizo Mexicans, to others through false means and lies.

As far as illegal immigration, many tribes are supporters of some changes to certain immigration laws as many are divided from their family and sacred sites in Canada, and Mexico. Some of their family being "Mestizo".
I stand by what I stated.

It is pretty bad when several American 'Chicanos' and American Indians flat out told me they want the illegal aliens gone-----------including Spanish speaking Mestizos.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I stand by what I stated.

It is pretty bad when several American 'Chicanos' and American Indians flat out told me they want the illegal aliens gone-----------including Spanish speaking Mestizos.
But you weren't talking about illegal aliens...you were talking about American "Indians" not like Hispanic Mestizos...
Illegal alien refers to resident status...you were talking about race, and people not liking that race as you don't.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohword View Post
But you weren't talking about illegal aliens...you were talking about American "Indians" not like Hispanic Mestizos...
Illegal alien refers to resident status...you were talking about race, and people not liking that race as you don't.
Guess what: I am extremely prejudiced against illegal aliens---------irrespective of their actual race/ethnicity. Said lawbreakers are criminal losers.

Need I say more?

Old 08-12-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Guess what: I am extremely prejudiced against illegal aliens---------irrespective of their actual race/ethnicity. Said lawbreakers are criminal losers.

Need I say more?
You already said more, and it makes your first statement questionable at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration