U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 AM

291 posts, read 353,101 times

Advertisements

By the Hundreds? wheres that ref ? or did miss the other links to other americans that were deported?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:17 AM

4,677 posts, read 4,589,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
By the Hundreds? wheres that ref ? or did miss the other links to other americans that were deported?
In the section "Tough to Prove", the article cites a study that found 700 such cases in the last 3 years (but some of those could just be illegals claiming citizenship) and work by a UCSB professor that documented 160 individual cases where deportations were overturned administratively or by jury after it was discovered the individual was a US Citizen (no time period given).
That's citizens only, not legal permanent residents.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:04 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,066,563 times

now you can tell peoples citizenship by lookng at them!!!

nothing changes around here.

do all the banned folks just come back vomitting the same ignorance, but under a different name? JDM is that you?

you can NOT tell if someone is ellegal by looking at them!

this has really become very tiring...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarissaM View Post
Ah, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission uses "Latino" and "Hispanic," so it's not a "b.s. label." Sorry.

Most of us know what a Latino or Hispanic person looks like. Especially the illegal ones!

Old 07-29-2009, 01:12 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, he did NOT serve in the Vietnam War.

From your source:
He did not have a bipolar disorder, either. He came to the attention of LEOs because he was a common criminal.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:41 PM

291 posts, read 353,101 times
The part of the article that say, ICE agents were lied to here:
ICE's Bassett said that officials work hard to ensure that they deport only aliens. In rare instances, she said, the government might detain an actual U.S. citizen because that person claimed to be an alien.
"With somebody who misrepresents their true identity and makes a false statement to an ICE officer, it creates a problem for the government and for themselves," she said.

Well Please carry your id? years ago I was arested for 3 on a bike, two of the guys I was with were native indians this was before the 1st amnesty.Anyway the cops in burbank got us all in jail overnight I was told to keep my Id with me at all times and not to hang out with those wild boys.
I told the cop my cousin had just come home from vietnam and we were out of beer and too loaded to walk to the corner! lol!
Tell you one thing I got my ID after that and wonder why anyone would want to be arrested for not being able to prove whom you are?
Sounds to me like these guys that lied to to the man, had other things to hide.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
I don't know the guy in the OP, LOOKS ILLEGAL....

Old 07-29-2009, 02:06 PM

8,640 posts, read 7,731,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He had no ID or drivers license? There had to be more to the story for him to be lost like that

I'm with you. Someting smells here. If all the illegal immigrants would LEAVE, things like this are unlikely to happen.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I'm with you. Someting smells here. If all the illegal immigrants would LEAVE, things like this are unlikely to happen.
Abra Kadabra!

Old 07-29-2009, 08:56 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
I wonder how many deported US citizens were actually dual citizens and therefore would have no real reason to complain. I really wouldn't care if a dual citizen got the opportunity to spend some time in his real country.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,276,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Here in Arizona any non Hispanic White person is counted as 'Anglo'.

I self identify as an Anglo White despite being of 1/2 Hungarian lineage. My G/F; whose paternal ancestors came from Italy also is 'Anglo'...........with blonde hair and blue eyes to boot.
My mistake, I thought Anglo was short for WASP, but according to wikipedia anglo is used for all non-hispanic whites, unlike WASP which is used for those of German, English, French, Irish, Scottish, and Dutch descent (used to be only the English).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration