Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:22 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyze View Post
This is what you call Anglo arrogance.
Perhaps some Anglo will comment on this....anyone? Is "Anglo arrogance" different from "regular arrogance"?...(maybe it's 'soft arrogance')..

I'm waiting....

Old 08-09-2009, 02:33 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynflip View Post
To hell with all the Hispanic-Americans who have done so much for this country. And you guys wonder why so many Hispanics are resentful. People who think like you are the reason. It's soft-racism. And I know you'll deny it all night, but that's what it is. You may not even know that is, but that's what it is.

By the way, are you also all for profiling African-Americans who commit the majority of crimes in the U.S.? Or is that different...?
Most Hispanics I know hate the fact that the Illegals are causing the whole situation.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:34 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Perhaps some Anglo will comment on this....anyone? Is "Anglo arrogance" different from "regular arrogance"?...(maybe it's 'soft arrogance')..

I'm waiting....
Can't help ya, I'll have to hold out for Indian questions

Old 08-09-2009, 03:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Can't help ya, I'll have to hold out for Indian questions
In the eyes of the la raza hypocrite losers: even a fullblood Apache is an 'Anglo'.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:01 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
I myself never leave home without my ID. How hard is it to carry a valid form of ID? I am not at all sure how any of this happens but I do know that given how many illegals are also hispanic that as a hispanic I would not leave home without proof positive of who I am.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:52 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:

I'm waiting....
I have no idea, but here is another profound thought from this poster.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyze View Post
Hey man, bout time someone gets it. Latinos have a long history, past, present and future. Don't PO Latin Americans.
It sounds more than a little arrogant to me.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:25 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I have no idea, but here is another profound thought from this poster.

It sounds more than a little arrogant to me.
It DOES sound arrogant, I agree....certainly 'testy', at least. It's also one of the few instances I've heard of in which a member of ANY group claims such a far-reaching history. Not only does the poster allude to his "past history"...he even cites his "present and future" history.

I can't compete with that...my history is ALL in the past. Some people have all the breaks!..

Old 08-09-2009, 09:55 PM

33 posts, read 40,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In the eyes of the la raza hypocrite losers: even a fullblood Apache is an 'Anglo'.
Either you're ignorant, or that's a complete lie.
I know from family in Arizona that that is complete BS.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:33 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,681 times
Quote:
Soft racism is excusing people for illegal behavior, because they were "lured" into it....because, as not-fully-autonomous, thinking adults, such 'simple' folk "can't HELP breaking the law"....and the fault is with US (the 'sophisticated' populace of the US), because we "let" them get away with it for years. 'Soft racism' is holding adults to the behavioral standards of children, due to their ethnicity.
macmeal, can you please explain what you mean by the "sophisticated" populace of the US? Thanks.

Migrations have been around since the begining of time. It was not until we criminalized it that people began to form negative stereotypes associated with it. We cant stop nature (migrations) but we can control them with border restrictions. However, the one that criminalized it, is almost always with total control and power and that power can be abused. Why are we excusing those that criminalize and at the same time commit the same crimes by aiding the immigrants? Isnt that the same form of crime?

BTW, soft racism is still racism.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:24 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
macmeal, can you please explain what you mean by the "sophisticated" populace of the US? Thanks.

Migrations have been around since the begining of time. It was not until we criminalized it that people began to form negative stereotypes associated with it. We cant stop nature (migrations) but we can control them with border restrictions. However, the one that criminalized it, is almost always with total control and power and that power can be abused. Why are we excusing those that criminalize and at the same time commit the same crimes by aiding the immigrants? Isnt that the same form of crime?

BTW, soft racism is still racism.
Most countries illegal immigration is a crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration