U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:49 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,731,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
another guy who knows very little.

the lapd sheriff?
That is an easy mistake to make since the LAPD and LASD have such similar initials---------and, parts of the City of Los Angeles (LAPD) essentially surround enclaves where the sheriff has jurisdiction. West Hollywood comes to mind along with Malibu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 06:57 PM

61,424 posts, read 31,099,241 times
Quote:
another guy who knows very little.

the lapd sheriff?

You and I both know very little, but what is amazing, we both know what they meant, though.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:07 PM

53 posts, read 80,013 times
dont you guys get it? bratton tells the cops dont check the immigration statuses.

anyone heard of special order 40? it was enacted in the late 70s or early 80s.

the cops dont report them and the mayor wants it to continue!

Old 07-31-2009, 07:13 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,107,840 times
no i dont assume to know what anyone means.

SPec order 40 is for LAPD. not sheriffs. it was gates (of rodney king fame) who instituted that order.

no ones had a problem with it since. it ensures that people come forward without fear of getting into trouble.

that does not mean they cant ask suspects their immigration status. they in fact DO ask detainees that.
but, how much do people really know and how much is hyperbole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You and I both know very little, but what is amazing, we both know what they meant, though.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:15 PM

its been around for 30 years.

its not that big of a deal.

its not a bad thing. detained suspects are still questioned on citizenship. its the witnesses that arent.

no problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobejano View Post
dont you guys get it? bratton tells the cops dont check the immigration statuses.

anyone heard of special order 40? it was enacted in the late 70s or early 80s.

the cops dont report them and the mayor wants it to continue!

Old 07-31-2009, 07:39 PM

53 posts, read 80,013 times
Quote:
its been around for 30 years.

its not that big of a deal.

its not a bad thing. detained suspects are still questioned on citizenship. its the witnesses that arent.

no problem here.
apparently it didn't protect jamiel shaw jr,

JamielsLaw.com

Old 07-31-2009, 08:04 PM

to live and die in LA

theres cracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobejano View Post
apparently it didn't protect jamiel shaw jr,

JamielsLaw.com

Old 09-09-2009, 10:29 AM

113 posts, read 303,138 times
What I hate is business and government allowing illegals in to work for cheap wages and taking away jobs Americans like me WILL do. On the higher end of the wage spectrum you have Bill Gates Begging , no Demanding more Visas for high tech workers while wages for Americans at those same jobs shrink. I know we all have to eat, Including me. But Canada would arrest me if I tried to sneak in. I went on a bus and because I did not have a job or a return ticket, they said if I tried to come back I would go to jail. So I went back home like any law abiding person would do and respect their laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration