Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:51 AM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,354 times

Advertisements

I have been dealing with a neighbor problem for about three weeks. The loud music and speaker noise has been on 24 hours and I have spoken to management and called the Police numerous times and they have come over and often these tenants do not answer the door and see the Police, then turn it down. I have heard many people in and out of the apartment at all hours banging the walls, and also I hear a child talking at 2 a.m.!. I talked to the legal leaseholder of the apartment several times and he claims there is no one in the apartment and no one making noise! I did not just fall off of a turnip truck!!!!! Said leaseholder said he does not make any noise, as he gets up early and works. I said, I know, but your so called roommate does! The leaseholder told me to stop calling the police and going to management! I told him as long as you are disturbing my peace, I am going to do what I need to do. I have been more than patient. I have asked them nicely, put polite notes in Spanish under their door, to no avail.

I work from home often and have to deal with this so called "invisable person's" constant noise. It shakes my walls and floors and I can't take it anymore. It appears they are from El Salvador and most likely illegal aliens to me, therefore, I decided to file a report with ICE on the phone, as suggested by friends, and to do something else to cope with these nuts. They took my report and are investigating it. I went out this morning to throw some trash out and there were five of the thugs sitting on the steps, and one of them said to me, "You crazy, You crazy!" I laughed and said in effect that their loud music and speakers were driving me crazy. I have had it period. I have noticed a sudden stoppage of the noise today for the first time in three weeks, but still hear the vibrating bass on the speakers and know it will go back up. I have also sent a certified letter to management as they requested, complaining about the noise issue. The assistant Manager said they are in the process of evicting them, because there are people living there that are not supposed to be there. It is a small one bedroom apartment. I am not sure how this works, because the apartments are not run by a traditional apartment management company, but a cooperative run by a Board of Directors. The leaseholder who lives there is a member of the coop. I do have my signed lease which specifically states that tenants cannot sublet or cause excessive noise. I am also on section 8 as a leaseholder. According to my lease, a tenants membership in the coop will be terminated if they violate noise law and if they sublet. I am on disability and cannot afford anything else. The regular manager told me he would turn their electric off and electric is separate and that is illegal. He has a rep for letting people slide on things. The asst is the one who seems to be more compliant to laws.

I am living here, because it is cheap and I am on disability for now. The apartments are nice and clean, but I am miserable because of a few thugs. I am also single and live alone and am concerned about them retailating against me. This area is known for crime, gangs, and drugs. I am not one to sit back and allow anyone to disrupt my home or life, but I am wondering about these thugs and what they might try to do to me. Most of the other tenants are nice and quiet and respectful.

What do you illegal immigration reform supporters think or suggest about this situation and do you think reporting them to ICE was a good decision. Thank you for your help! Loco in Northern Virginia.

Last edited by Artsywoman; 09-07-2009 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: additions

Old 09-07-2009, 10:38 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Artsywoman:

Reading between the lines; it sounds to be that God/dess may be trying to force you out of where you are living---------and, said illegal alien losers are merely the 'impetus', shall we say.

For what you are saying: things are going to become a whole hell of a lot worse in your enclave before they improve. Face it: you live in the Wash DC area were it is not 'PC' to be a true American.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:57 AM

291 posts, read 413,930 times
Artsy,

We had a similar nightmare for two years, it took many letters, phone calls complaints and the help of few good neighbors. we are in pretty nice single home neighborhood in a suburb of los angeles.
For us its just about over and the enviroment has shown improvement.

A few things you can do is file a restraing order agaist them.
Buy some very strong pepper spray and a air horn. Be very sure they love to hassle women
if theres no man/men around.Call building and safety and the heath departmernt.
We have a 100 lb dog that is trained to protect and I take her with me when I go out always now.
Put a call into the watch comanders and explain you feel unsafe and threatened by the constant transient traffic. keep faith the american people are sick of this crap.

Lastly get a recording of a man yelling La Megra !

A couple of things to consider

Old 09-07-2009, 12:00 PM

Also take polical action, write call all ! let the white house know you have had it!

Old 09-07-2009, 03:59 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,663,530 times
really? this problem again?

what the hell does this have to do with immigration?

isnt it a neighbors dispute? shouldnt you be taking this up with the management?

why ask us?
oh, thats right because you ASSume these people are salvadorian illeglas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I have been dealing with a neighbor problem for about three weeks. The loud music and speaker noise has been on 24 hours and I have spoken to management and called the Police numerous times and they have come over and often these tenants do not answer the door and see the Police, then turn it down. I have heard many people in and out of the apartment at all hours banging the walls, and also I hear a child talking at 2 a.m.!. I talked to the legal leaseholder of the apartment several times and he claims there is no one in the apartment and no one making noise! I did not just fall off of a turnip truck!!!!! Said leaseholder said he does not make any noise, as he gets up early and works. I said, I know, but your so called roommate does! The leaseholder told me to stop calling the police and going to management! I told him as long as you are disturbing my peace, I am going to do what I need to do. I have been more than patient. I have asked them nicely, put polite notes in Spanish under their door, to no avail.

I work from home often and have to deal with this so called "invisable person's" constant noise. It shakes my walls and floors and I can't take it anymore. It appears they are from El Salvador and most likely illegal aliens to me, therefore, I decided to file a report with ICE on the phone, as suggested by friends, and to do something else to cope with these nuts. They took my report and are investigating it. I went out this morning to throw some trash out and there were five of the thugs sitting on the steps, and one of them said to me, "You crazy, You crazy!" I laughed and said in effect that their loud music and speakers were driving me crazy. I have had it period. I have noticed a sudden stoppage of the noise today for the first time in three weeks, but still hear the vibrating bass on the speakers and know it will go back up. I have also sent a certified letter to management as they requested, complaining about the noise issue. The assistant Manager said they are in the process of evicting them, because there are people living there that are not supposed to be there. It is a small one bedroom apartment. I am not sure how this works, because the apartments are not run by a traditional apartment management company, but a cooperative run by a Board of Directors. The leaseholder who lives there is a member of the coop. I do have my signed lease which specifically states that tenants cannot sublet or cause excessive noise. I am also on section 8 as a leaseholder. According to my lease, a tenants membership in the coop will be terminated if they violate noise law and if they sublet. I am on disability and cannot afford anything else. The regular manager told me he would turn their electric off and electric is separate and that is illegal. He has a rep for letting people slide on things. The asst is the one who seems to be more compliant to laws.

I am living here, because it is cheap and I am on disability for now. The apartments are nice and clean, but I am miserable because of a few thugs. I am also single and live alone and am concerned about them retailating against me. This area is known for crime, gangs, and drugs. I am not one to sit back and allow anyone to disrupt my home or life, but I am wondering about these thugs and what they might try to do to me. Most of the other tenants are nice and quiet and respectful.

What do you illegal immigration reform supporters think or suggest about this situation and do you think reporting them to ICE was a good decision. Thank you for your help! Loco in Northern Virginia.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

isnt it a neighbors dispute? shouldnt you be taking this up with the management?

why ask us?

Well one thing for sure they are rude neighbors. Another is that if ICE does investigate the truth of the matter will be discovered.
The down side is if Artsywoman is the only non-hispanic in the building her life is about to get worse. They will blame the only one not part of their group for sure.
Artsy my advice to you is to relocate. DC is a crap hole to begin with. You have Nice parts of Baltimore, and Heagerstown that would be a much better choice anyway.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:

why ask us?

And you assume they are not? sure good americanized latins live that way? harassing women as they loaf around on the front steps must not be enough room in the tiny apartment to hang out all day ? and them by night raise holly hell? must be the time change ?
the only crap again is the need to protect us from these types that degrade our quality of life !

Old 09-07-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:

why ask us?

I knew you would put your inane comments on here, but I basically say none of what you say means anything to me. AMEN, go to another thread if you do not like what I post. I do nothave time for toons and people like you. This is not woodstock so take your backpack and camp out in the real world I live in and I guarantee you will be singing a different song. It is easy when you are a bleeding heart with your head in the clouds. Wake up the coffee is still burning! Now leave me alone!

Old 09-07-2009, 05:38 PM

Well there are a few non Hispanics here and they feel the way I do. The guy on the second floor actually had the neighbors above him evicted for similar things. I also know that DC is my home and I love most things about the area. Although we have those issues with illegals, honestly its like this almost everywhere now. I lived in Florida and it was much the same. Unreal and crazy. I have signed many petitions and I know it is a small thing, but I did it. I think most people in Nova/DC feel the way I do. I have talked to so many people who have had run ins and issues with noisy parties, drugs you name it. Some are even homeowners and that is frightening, because it is hard to sell a house. I have actually received help from one officer finally, and their musica has stopped at least last night and tonight. I went out earlier and four of them from the apt were sitting on the stairs and glared at me. I looked back and asked them what the hell they were looking at. I think they are sick of the police. I have given them many chances. I received an email back from the asst mgr, who is working on the situation. I doubt ICE will do anything. I mean they would be working day and night here, as this is a well known illegal immigrant population. Prince William County a bit further out, is the first in this area to enforce strict laws, so now all of them moved here! I refuse to be forced out of my own place and this is my friggin country. I am becoming a right winger in my old age, at least regarding this issue! I use to be so liberal and now I am jaded by to many problems with this population. I do not care what nationality someone is, if they are rude and disrepectful they will be disliked period.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Well there are a few non Hispanics here and they feel the way I do. The guy on the second floor actually had the neighbors above him evicted for similar things. I also know that DC is my home and I love most things about the area. Although we have those issues with illegals, honestly its like this almost everywhere now. I lived in Florida and it was much the same. Unreal and crazy. I have signed many petitions and I know it is a small thing, but I did it. I think most people in Nova/DC feel the way I do. I have talked to so many people who have had run ins and issues with noisy parties, drugs you name it. Some are even homeowners and that is frightening, because it is hard to sell a house. I have actually received help from one officer finally, and their musica has stopped at least last night and tonight. I went out earlier and four of them from the apt were sitting on the stairs and glared at me. I looked back and asked them what the hell they were looking at. I think they are sick of the police. I have given them many chances. I received an email back from the asst mgr, who is working on the situation. I doubt ICE will do anything. I mean they would be working day and night here, as this is a well known illegal immigrant population. Prince William County a bit further out, is the first in this area to enforce strict laws, so now all of them moved here! I refuse to be forced out of my own place and this is my friggin country. I am becoming a right winger in my old age, at least regarding this issue! I use to be so liberal and now I am jaded by to many problems with this population. I do not care what nationality someone is, if they are rude and disrepectful they will be disliked period.
Keep in mind , there are many good people of Hispanic race that are humanly classy. that do live and love Americans. Pitty the last group after the last shamesty was so arrogant to think we will allow the crappy behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration