U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 12:42 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
On Aug. 20, 2008, authorities say Laurel-Vasquez and another man approached a group of 17 undocumented immigrants who had recently entered the U.S. illegally and were waiting at a prearranged location to meet a vehicle.

They say Laurel-Vasquez had a gun and tied up the guide and another member of the group, and ordered his companion to demand money from the illegal immigrants.
Mexican man facing prison for robbing immigrants near Sacaton - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

It doesn't get any more honorable when a criminal treats other criminals in such a noble manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 06:22 AM

32,826 posts, read 30,101,014 times
This has gone on forever, in fact it started one of the first special Police divisions here in SD.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 AM

60,533 posts, read 30,721,186 times
In another thread I posted a day labor business that is for illegal aliens, to get work.
You pick them up in the morning, and drop them back off there at the end of the day to sign back in, so they can get to come back tomorrow.

There is usually someone close by, to rob them of what they made that day. Stabbings happen all the time around that place and it is a Mexican National, the robber or the victim with injuries, that die or get hauled off for free medical care at Breckenridge Hospital, the city/state owned and funded hospital(they went bankrupt and the city said "we could not afford to lose that hospital, the oldest in Austin")

Even though it is a illegal on illegal crime, the taxpayers get to be robbed too.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:02 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,625,689 times
I PERSONALLY know a man who, for many years, took illegals in, housed them on his property, and "found" them work. He also kept MOST of their earnings, doling out a small allowance when they needed it, but skimming most of it off for his own use. The threat was always there that if these folks complained, he (their 'patron') had friends in 'la migra' that would quickly deport them.

Several times, illegals I knew asked me for job leads. When I suggested THIS guy, they said "no thanks"...they knew him by reputation, and had no interest in getting involved with him, even on a casual basis.

The "irony" of the story?...This man himself came here illegally decades ago. He's now naturalized.

Illegals get it 'coming and going', and illegal immigration is a risky business, open to all SORTS of abuse, leaving the illegals pretty much at the 'mercy' of everyone.

Not a "good thing" at all....and no, this is NOT a 'pitch' for amnesty. THAT's not a good thing, either.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:53 PM

804 posts, read 1,175,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I PERSONALLY know a man who, for many years, took illegals in, housed them on his property, and "found" them work. He also kept MOST of their earnings, doling out a small allowance when they needed it, but skimming most of it off for his own use. The threat was always there that if these folks complained, he (their 'patron') had friends in 'la migra' that would quickly deport them.

Several times, illegals I knew asked me for job leads. When I suggested THIS guy, they said "no thanks"...they knew him by reputation, and had no interest in getting involved with him, even on a casual basis.

The "irony" of the story?...This man himself came here illegally decades ago. He's now naturalized.

Illegals get it 'coming and going', and illegal immigration is a risky business, open to all SORTS of abuse, leaving the illegals pretty much at the 'mercy' of everyone.

Not a "good thing" at all....and no, this is NOT a 'pitch' for amnesty. THAT's not a good thing, either.
Did you report him to ICE/USCIS or in the past, the INS?

Old 07-30-2009, 04:07 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,625,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Did you report him to ICE/USCIS or in the past, the INS?
No...at the time, illegal immigration was a 'victimless crime'. Had I actually reported this, he would have KNOWN my identity, and the illegals would have 'scattered'. Most of his 'victims' apparently preferred their life under HIM, to their life at home....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or