U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2009, 08:08 PM
 
786 posts, read 899,213 times
Reputation: 185

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The Feds are not enforcing the laws. We are being "over run" with illegal immigrants - costing the taxpayers a fortune and putting the State of Arizona in financial crisis.

There is no "gestapo" - continued use of terms like that are only making YOU look foolish.

Also, the "racial profiling" investigation has gone NO WHERE. Reason? No racial profiling.
Like I said earlier, if you want to stop illegal immigration, end NAFTA, CAFTA the FTAA and any other race to the bottom free trade agreement and punish companies that hire illegal immigrants in order to cut labor costs. These guys get a slap on the hand which they look at as just a cost of doing business.
When one minority group gets pulled over at a 100 to 4 ratio, it's racial profiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 PM
 
786 posts, read 899,213 times
Reputation: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Because so many illegal immigrants have been caught violating traffic laws and are being punished that somehow becomes racial profiling? Yep, that somehow makes sense.
These are hispanics that are being pulled over, not illegal immigrants. They selectivly pull over hispanics because this nutjob Arpaio apparently thinks they are all illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,383,060 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Nop.

The crimes of Arpaio are well documented: housing inmates in sweltering tent-cities, parading them through the streets of Phoenix like slaves on their way to the auction block, serving spoiled food referred to as “slop” by the inmates, and denying adequate medical treatment.
First off - Medical treatment. Obviously you don't know this but, the Sheriff is NOT RESPONSIBLE for the medical treatment of the inmates. Seperate agency. It is well documented that Arpaio has been pressuring the Board of Supervisors to provide more care for the inmates.

Now, you say "the crimes" of Arpaio. Your statement - how about you show all of us documentation where Arpaio has been charged with any crimes and that he has gone on trial for these crimes and he has been convicted.

If you cannot do the above, then you are merely BSing everyone and blowing smoke.

Again - no spoiled food - that has been debunked - even by the video YOU provided.

You have been in Joes jail - right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,383,060 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Like I said earlier, if you want to stop illegal immigration, end NAFTA, CAFTA the FTAA
Let's be real - real world - shall we.

NAFTA/CAFTA/FTAA will not be canceled. Guaranteed.

Got it now? I hope so. Because we need to discuss the REAL world - not some fantasy world you are living in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,284 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Like I said earlier, if you want to stop illegal immigration, end NAFTA, CAFTA the FTAA and any other race to the bottom free trade agreement and punish companies that hire illegal immigrants in order to cut labor costs. These guys get a slap on the hand which they look at as just a cost of doing business.
When one minority group gets pulled over at a 100 to 4 ratio, it's racial profiling.
Unfortunately, the federal government doesn't have the intention of doing any so for the time being I think Sheriff Joe's hard work is worthwhile.

As for the accusations of 'racial profiling', how's the investigation been going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 08:43 PM
 
786 posts, read 899,213 times
Reputation: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Let's be real - real world - shall we.

NAFTA/CAFTA/FTAA will not be canceled. Guaranteed.

Got it now? I hope so. Because we need to discuss the REAL world - not some fantasy world you are living in.
Let's be real- real world-shall we.

The United States government isn't about to deport 12 million illegal immigrants. Hell, they probably want them here because they allow the corporations, who have basically bought out government, to reduce labor costs.
Got it now? I hope so. Because we need to discuss the REAL world- not some fantasy world you are living in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 PM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,412,946 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Let's be real- real world-shall we.

The United States government isn't about to deport 12 million illegal immigrants. Hell, they probably want them here because they allow the corporations, who have basically bought out government, to reduce labor costs.
Got it now? I hope so. Because we need to discuss the REAL world- not some fantasy world you are living in.
The US isnt going to deport all 12 million because they dont have the money to do it. Plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,284 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Let's be real- real world-shall we.

The United States government isn't about to deport 12 million illegal immigrants. Hell, they probably want them here because they allow the corporations, who have basically bought out government, to reduce labor costs.
Got it now? I hope so. Because we need to discuss the REAL world- not some fantasy world you are living in.
Well all know that the government refuses to enforce the law at the behest of illegal alien-employing businesses.

That's why we've all been demanding the enforcement of immigration laws along with the deportations of any detained illegal aliens.

As for deporting 12 million illegal aliens, that doesn't need to happen. If the government actually enforced the laws and rescinded all tax payer-funded benefits for illegals then the majority of illegals would self-deport.

When any of that will happen, no one knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 08:54 PM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,412,946 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You have been in Joes jail - right?
Not jail, but prison yes. As a matter of fact, I worked there. Now, in California, inmates have been able to file a law suit to the state for not providing an alternate meal when pork is served. Many African Americans in prisons are Muslims and pork is not in their diet. So, I fail to see why it is allowed in that jail.

The chains are actually pretty common. If they are out of the facility, they must have the chains on. However, I think the reason why Arpaio is now restricted to or limited with the media is because of these humiliating scenes in public.

What you fail to see Greatday, is that I am not against Arpaio doing his job. I am against his practices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 08:58 PM
 
786 posts, read 899,213 times
Reputation: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
If believing that the law should be enforced and all criminals be punished then wouldn't that imply that nearly every government in every country is filled with 'nazi right wing wackos'?
There's a big difference between enforcing the law and doing what Arpaio does. If they'd enforce the laws against corporations that employ illegal immigrants, we wouldn't have this problem in the first place. What pisses me off about the anti-immigrant croud is that instead of targeting the rich and powerful (corporations) you target the poor and powerless (illegal immigrants). If you started to crack down on employers to the point where no one would hire illegal immigrants, no one would come to the United States illegaly. After all, the reason they come is for work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top