U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2009, 10:03 PM
 
786 posts, read 902,865 times
Reputation: 185

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The US isnt going to deport all 12 million because they dont have the money to do it. Plain and simple.
go tell that to antireconquista. I've been trying to tell him the same thing. Not only do they not have the money to do it, but the corporations that have got all these money-grubbing politicians in their pockets benefit from exploiting illegal immigrants. Then the government basically gives the corporations a slap on the hand, but it won't really punish them because it's owned by them. The corporate world is the root of this illegal immigration problem but some of these people would rather scapegoat a dirt poot immigrant than the powerful corporate elite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2009, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,587,765 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
There's a big difference between enforcing the law and doing what Arpaio does. If they'd enforce the laws against corporations that employ illegal immigrants, we wouldn't have this problem in the first place. What pisses me off about the anti-immigrant croud is that instead of targeting the rich and powerful (corporations) you target the poor and powerless (illegal immigrants). If you started to crack down on employers to the point where no one would hire illegal immigrants, no one would come to the United States illegaly. After all, the reason they come is for work.
Um, Arpaio HAS targeted the employers of illegal aliens.

But in addition to targeting the illegal alien employers he also arrests the illegal aliens.

Both the illegal alien employers and the illegal aliens are criminals who are targeted by Sheriff Arpaio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 10:07 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,587,765 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
go tell that to antireconquista. I've been trying to tell him the same thing. Not only do they not have the money to do it, but the corporations that have got all these money-grubbing politicians in their pockets benefit from exploiting illegal immigrants. Then the government basically gives the corporations a slap on the hand, but it won't really punish them because it's owned by them. The corporate world is the root of this illegal immigration problem but some of these people would rather scapegoat a dirt poot immigrant than the powerful corporate elite.
Well, I've only mentioned punishing the illegal alien employers and recognizing their role in the illegal immigration issue who-knows-how-many times in the past.

But in addition to punishing the illegal alien employer the illegal aliens deserve to be punished as well considering that both are criminals.

Have you read any of my previous posts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 10:14 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,490,239 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Let's be real- real world-shall we.

The United States government isn't about to deport 12 million illegal immigrants. Hell, they probably want them here because they allow the corporations, who have basically bought out government, to reduce labor costs.
Got it now? I hope so. Because we need to discuss the REAL world- not some fantasy world you are living in.
All 12 to 15 million? You are probably correct.

Millions though? It is already happening - by the bus loads. This is reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 10:15 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,729,614 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The US isnt going to deport all 12 million because they dont have the money to do it. Plain and simple.
No matter what it costs to deport them, leaving them here will be far more costly in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 10:28 PM
 
786 posts, read 902,865 times
Reputation: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Um, Arpaio HAS targeted the employers of illegal aliens.

But in addition to targeting the illegal alien employers he also arrests the illegal aliens.

Both the illegal alien employers and the illegal aliens are criminals who are targeted by Sheriff Arpaio.
I could really care less if Arpaio targets employers of not. It still doesn't make what he does right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 10:30 PM
 
786 posts, read 902,865 times
Reputation: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Well, I've only mentioned punishing the illegal alien employers and recognizing their role in the illegal immigration issue who-knows-how-many times in the past.

But in addition to punishing the illegal alien employer the illegal aliens deserve to be punished as well considering that both are criminals.

Have you read any of my previous posts?
Yes I have and I agree with you about punishing corporations that hire illegal immigrants. However, I disagree with you on other aspects of the illegal immigrant debate, as well as the conduct of Joe Arpaio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,490,239 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
I could really care less if Arpaio targets employers of not. It still doesn't make what he does right.
You are aware aren't you about the State of Arizona having an Employer Sanctions Law?

And, what Arpaio is "doing" is, enforcing the law. Arpaio is doing the job he is suppose to do.

And, a high percentage of Arizonans - not just Maricopa County - citizens of the entire state, support Arpaio's efforts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,587,765 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
I could really care less if Arpaio targets employers of not. It still doesn't make what he does right.
So, basically you don't want any immigration laws enforced?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 PM
 
Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,587,765 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
However, I disagree with you on other aspects of the illegal immigrant debate, as well as the conduct of Joe Arpaio.
What do you disagree with me on in regards to the illegal immigration debate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top