U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 PM

786 posts, read 900,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
ICE / Homeland Security set up the very program that MCSO is involved with - it was the FEDS that encouraged the very program that Arpaio is using.

Seems you are blaming the wrong person.
Yes I know this well. I just wrote a long letter to President Obama today urging him to end 287g.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,414,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
So, basically you don't any immigration laws enforced?
I think that is pretty clear, isn't it?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
What do you disagree with me on in regards to the illegal immigration debate?
Deporting 12 million illegal immigrants.

21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Not jail, but prison yes. As a matter of fact, I worked there. Now, in California, inmates have been able to file a law suit to the state for not providing an alternate meal when pork is served. Many African Americans in prisons are Muslims and pork is not in their diet. So, I fail to see why it is allowed in that jail.

The chains are actually pretty common. If they are out of the facility, they must have the chains on. However, I think the reason why Arpaio is now restricted to or limited with the media is because of these humiliating scenes in public.

What you fail to see Greatday, is that I am not against Arpaio doing his job. I am against his practices.
Frankly:

If a person is in jail; it is not 'inhumane' IMHO to feed the inmates 'politically incorrect' food that is otherwise safe to eat-------------religious affiliations be damned.

If an American Christian is in a jail in Saudi: somehow I doubt that his beliefs would be honored concerning food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Yes I know this well. I just wrote a long letter to President Obama today urging him to end 287g.
287G has just be re-affirmed - last week.

While I'm glad you are communicating with the President - a vast majority of Americans support 287G - and even want it expanded.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
How about 6 to 8 million?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
So, basically you don't want any immigration laws enforced?
I didn't say that did? You are putting words into my mouth. I'm for targeting the employers as opposed to targeting the immigrants.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:37 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,584,362 times
Quote:
I don't think that I've ever called for the deportation of 12 million illegal aliens.

I do believe that all detained illegal aliens should be deported.

Anyway, there doesn't need to be a deportation of 12 million illegal immigrants.

The government just needs to enforce immigration laws, rescind all tax payer-funded benefits for illegals, deport any detained illegal aliens and secure the borders.

When all of that has been undertaken then the majority of illegal aliens will self-deport and many potential illegal aliens will be discouraged from entering illegally or overstaying their visas.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,584,362 times
Quote:
I didn't say that did? You are putting words into my mouth. I'm for targeting the employers as opposed to targeting the immigrants.
You claimed that you couldn't care less if Arpaio enforces immigration laws or not but you also claimed that what he does isn't 'right'. In that case, what did you disagree with me on when I posted the following:

Quote:
Um, Arpaio HAS targeted the employers of illegal aliens.

But in addition to targeting the illegal alien employers he also arrests the illegal aliens.

Both the illegal alien employers and the illegal aliens are criminals who are targeted by Sheriff Arpaio.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,416,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
No matter what it costs to deport them, leaving them here will be far more costly in the long run.
I disagree with you. I dont think that deportation would be cheaper now or in the long run but lets see...if we deport now, in the long run, it would take more generations to fill that deficit. In the short run...lol...it is impossible to do, especially considering we are in an economic crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration