Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:39 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Well ICE is the agency that is supposed to deport illegal immigrants. The Sheriff's Department has a job to do, and it's not looking for people that are violating the immigration laws.
Why are you so upset over illegals being deported?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 07:50 PM

785 posts, read 1,050,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sorry but - your "argument" is for naught.

First off, the Tent jails are NOT, repeat NOT "cruel and unusual punishment. And the courts have already dealt with this issue and have so ruled. BTW, did you know that the tents the inmates are in are the VERY SAME ONES our troops live in when deployed?

Also, the Chain Gangs are very legal - and the inmates actually clamor to get on them. And again, the courts have said they are just fine.

And, the food issue has been investigated time and again - and guess what - there is no issue here. No spoiled food being served. It meets the guidelines for the number of calories and vitamins prescribed in health guidelines.

And the profiling - what has happened to the "investigation"? Hmmm? Oh thats right - nothing.

So. you might want to re-evaluate your statements and posts.
NO thanks. Here's a video with Arpaio bragging about feeding his inmates green bolonga. No spoiled foor being served. Yeah, whatever, who the hell do you think you're fooling? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWGi2hbZLOo

Old 07-29-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
NO thanks. Here's a video with Arpaio bragging about feeding his inmates green bolonga. No spoiled foor being served. Yeah, whatever, who the hell do you think you're fooling? YouTube - Sheriff Joe on Juveniles Committing Adult Crimes
OMG, the bologna is DYED GREEN! It is not spoiled.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:55 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
NO thanks. Here's a video with Arpaio bragging about feeding his inmates green bolonga. No spoiled foor being served.
Green Bologna is not spoiled. Additionally, the food service area has been investigated numerous times and cleared each and every time. There is a registered dietitian on staff to assure that the inmates are getting proper nutrition.

Again - you are blowing against the wind - your argument is for naught - once again.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
OMG, the bologna is DYED GREEN! It is not spoiled.

Yep!

Old 07-29-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Why are you so upset over illegals being deported?
I didn't say anything about illegal immigrants being deported did I? I said that the Sheriff's department shouldn't be carrying out immigration laws because when they do this they racially profile. If you are a legal immigrant and you happen to forget your green card one day and Arpaio's gestapo pull you over, guess what? You're off to tent city.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I didn't say anything about illegal immigrants being deported did I? I said that the Sheriff's department shouldn't be carrying out immigration laws because when they do this they racially profile. If you are a legal immigrant and you happen to forget your green card one day and Arpaio's gestapo pull you over, guess what? You're off to tent city.
The Feds are not enforcing the laws. We are being "over run" with illegal immigrants - costing the taxpayers a fortune and putting the State of Arizona in financial crisis.

There is no "gestapo" - continued use of terms like that are only making YOU look foolish.

Also, the "racial profiling" investigation has gone NO WHERE. Reason? No racial profiling.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yep!

Nop.

The crimes of Arpaio are well documented: housing inmates in sweltering tent-cities, parading them through the streets of Phoenix like slaves on their way to the auction block, serving spoiled food referred to as “slop” by the inmates, and denying adequate medical treatment.

Against Racist Sheriff Joe Arpaio: Arizona Detainees on Hunger Strike | Mostly Water

Old 07-29-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Uhuh. No way you could call a friend or relative and have them bring the green card to where ever you were being held, it's off to tent city for you! Aren't you supposed to carry a green card with you all the time anyhow?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:08 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,462 times
Quote:
Because so many illegal immigrants have been caught violating traffic laws and are being punished that somehow becomes racial profiling? Yep, that somehow makes sense.

BTW, how's the 'racial profiling' investigation case been going?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration