U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:53 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Activists marched in Los Angeles and picketed Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano's appearance in New York, angered over the administration's recent embrace of an electronic verification system for employers and a program that allows local police to enforce immigration laws.
Quote:
Ms. Hong said the Obama administration is using all the right words about backing a broad immigration bill but is taking "massive enforcement actions."

She also said stepping up enforcement of "dysfunctional and unenforceable" laws is not a solution, and said the activists hope to push Mr. Obama away from enforcement and back toward his campaign promises.
Newsmax.com - Obama Loses Immigration Allies (http://www.newsmax.com/us/obama_immigration_allies/2009/07/30/241792.html - broken link)

Go ahead and protest even more you criminal-loving losers.

If the economy tanks even further, which I'm certain it will, I'd like them to justify why Obama should still be considering amnesty when so many people are out of work and there are no 'shovel-ready' projects to be worked on that have been promised six months prior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 01:18 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,145,885 times
Unfortunately Obama is fully behind the Dream Act and it will pass this house and Senate. The real kicker is that the health care fraud they are trying to shove at us includes illegal aliens. What the he.. we are broke anyway.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:44 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Newsmax.com - Obama Loses Immigration Allies (http://www.newsmax.com/us/obama_immigration_allies/2009/07/30/241792.html - broken link)

Go ahead and protest even more you criminal-loving losers.

If the economy tanks even further, which I'm certain it will, I'd like them to justify why Obama should still be considering amnesty when so many people are out of work and there are no 'shovel-ready' projects to be worked on that have been promised six months prior.
Someone at work made the comment that we may be facing a 'double dip' recession----------read that things will get somewhat better but will crash again.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:47 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Someone at work made the comment that we may be facing a 'double dip' recession----------read that things will get somewhat better but will crash again.
That could be true considering that some economists claim that Obama is just inflating another financial bubble which could burst again sometime in the future.

But if such a thing is true then I suppose that'll still mean less illegal immigration and less interest in amnesty.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:54 PM

11,102 posts, read 12,808,514 times
Quote:
THAT'S what I'm worried about.....if the economy strengthens for a bit,I'll convert everything into cash and wait on a "buyers market"....I know that sounds harsh,but you have to take care of yourself and family first

Old 07-30-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
That could be true considering that some economists claim that Obama is just inflating another financial bubble which could burst again sometime in the future.

But if such a thing is true then I suppose that'll still mean less illegal immigration and less interest in amnesty.
Very true....imagine pro illegal politicians trying to get re-elected pushing that agenda with a 30% unemployment rate in their home areas.....their MAY be a bit of a silver lining to this cloud yet.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:37 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Very true....imagine pro illegal politicians trying to get re-elected pushing that agenda with a 30% unemployment rate in their home areas.....their MAY be a bit of a silver lining to this cloud yet.
Michigan's official unemployment rate is ca. 15% already.............its real rate may indeed be north of 20%.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Michigan's official unemployment rate is ca. 15% already.............its real rate may indeed be north of 20%.
WOW!! Yes,I agree,they never count those who have ran out of benefits,so chances are it IS 20% or much higher.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:28 AM

60,411 posts, read 30,688,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
WOW!! Yes,I agree,they never count those who have ran out of benefits,so chances are it IS 20% or much higher.

Nor do they count those employees, that are mislabeled as subcontract labor, to cheat the system by their employers.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:02 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,752,909 times
Quote:
I wonder how long they can keep extending unemployment benefits. In Michigan people just keep getting extension after extension, if the extensions weren't given, many people would no longer be counted as unemployed, but the welfare rates would be skyrocketing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or