U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 02:40 PM

60,820 posts, read 30,817,770 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that there is a lot of trolling that happens in this forum, from the pro-illeal alien posters. After the subject gets change because they cannot answer a simple question, or because they don't have an answer they get off topic. Blurt out some non-sense and when question about it, they have no answers but change the subject all together to some other direction. Then to top it all off, the race card comes out. It seems every topic here ends in a race debate and not the original topic.

Why is that?
Are they just here to troll, with no real answers?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:41 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,540,398 times
you mean there are legal trolls?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:46 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,669,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Is it just me or has anyone noticed that there is a lot of trolling that happens in this forum, from the pro-illeal alien posters. After the subject gets change because they cannot answer a simple question, or because they don't have an answer they get off topic. Blurt out some non-sense and when question about it, they have no answers but change the subject all together to some other direction. Then to top it all off, the race card comes out. It seems every topic here ends in a race debate and not the original topic.

Why is that?
I have been hitting the Report feature a lot here lately.

I strongly suspect that most of our Trolls are either DREAMies and/or related to same...........read that the above are running scared about the growing anti illegal alien sentiment here in the USA hence their pathetic attempts to throw the (now defunct) 'race card'.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:53 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,717,133 times
Quote:

Why is that?
I suspect they come from the DREAM act forum. One common refrain (along with charges of 'racism') is how 'complex' the issue is and that we have oversimplified and failed to consider all the ramifications, when in reality it is real simple- come here legally or get out.
I think the ones with the shrewish, malevolent dispositions are very frustrated. No matter how superior they try to act and how many big words they use, they simply cannot justify the presence of millions of illegal trespassers in the US and they know it.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:31 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,669,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I suspect they come from the DREAM act forum. One common refrain (along with charges of 'racism') is how 'complex' the issue is and that we have oversimplified and failed to consider all the ramifications, when in reality it is real simple- come here legally or get out.
I think the ones with the shrewish, malevolent dispositions are very frustrated. No matter how superior they try to act and how many big words they use, they simply cannot justify the presence of millions of illegal trespassers in the US and they know it.
And those losers are trying to bait us into anger hence trying to get us anti's banned.

Needless to say: try not to feed the Trolls as per Yac and Report 'em right and left.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:29 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,632,169 times
Quote:
Why is that?
It's pretty obvious that for a few people, the answer is "yes"....it is nothing more than a 'sport', and their only objective is to derail the entire discussion. As I've said, when you can't defend an issue on its own merits, one good technique is to obfuscate the matter by bringing in all sorts of side-issues.

BOTH sides do this, to a degree...however, the "pros" do it more often, because their side really DOES have 'no leg to stand on'. It's fine to urge 'kindness', or 'moderation', or to caution against racism...but in the end, there's no way to make illegal immigration "right".....nor is there REALLY any way to make controlling our border "wrong"....and that's what causes some people to try to confuse the issue.

Others simply show up on the forum now and then, with no original thinking on their own, and no real defense of their position, but simply get their 'kicks' by mocking others, or demanding "links"...or demanding "proof" of things that are really only common sense. That, too, seems to occur MOSTLY on the "pro" side...though not exclusively.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:35 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,087,175 times
its just you. what i have seen is an increase in the number of silly reactionist "anti's" on this board. i think they came from WND or from storm watch, storm front, or is it storm dreamie?!? i dont know i dont participate in any of those places yall speak about.
anyhow, the amount of ignorant, uneducated posters seems to be increasing. i should know i ve seen it grow for the last 3 years. you only been here a few months. youve missed out on some great characters.

loonies come from both sides sister.

Quote:

Why is that?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:37 PM

3,226 posts, read 2,875,095 times
Yes, we have trolls on both sides here on the illegal forum as well as everywhere else. But this is not typically something we discuss in the illegal forum or anywhere else on the open forums since it really has nothing to do with the subjects being discussed. This is more something for the moderators to discuss in private. If you see a troll, report him/her. Please, don't start a thread about it. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or