Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:27 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,384,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
She claimed she was making $12 an hour cleaning tables at SeaTac. She said she paid her taxes (FICA I'd guess), had a car with insurance, and her kids were in good schools. Her husband worked in Seattle part of the year, and in Yakima the rest. They made $50K a year according to her. In Juarez they might make $5K a year.

That is why we will never stop illegal immigration.

Never?

If they would enforce the laws we have had since before 1986 and the first sham-nasty.

If they would go after all the scumbags that hire the illegals, with more than a slap on the hand, you may not say never, if there are no jobs for them to do as no one will take the chance of hiring them... Never? I beg to differ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 09:36 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,384,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
For example, according to cron.com it's a myth that illegals are costing the U.S. billions of dollars in welfare the fact is that illegals are not even eligible for welfare so how can they even be costing us billions in that regard as some conservatives are claiming?

Welfare means a handout/free stuff. State welfare is more specifically named, but I'm sure is included.
How many children are born in the US to illegal aliens?
Who pays for prenatal care?
Who pays for the hospital?
Who pays for the welfare that child is not on?
Who pays for the over extended police and social services?
Who pays for the crimes they commit?

Old 07-31-2009, 09:39 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,598,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Oh, but they are eligible to get social benefits if the female illegal aliens can breed who-knows-how-many anchor children.
According to chron.com it's only 1%, while it's 5% for American citizen households. I'm not exactly pro-illegal immigrant considering the economic crisis, but I don't like to see them blamed for everything or the way people refer to them here.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:39 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,846,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Welfare means a handout/free stuff. State welfare is more specifically named, but I'm sure is included.
How many children are born in the US to illegal aliens?
Who pays for prenatal care?
Who pays for the hospital?
Who pays for the welfare that child is not on?
Who pays for the over extended police and social services?
Who pays for the crimes they commit?
In addition, who pays for the education for the illegal alien children and anchor babies?

Old 08-02-2009, 09:39 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,728,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
More and more: I am starting to think that why the MSM is not reporting the whole truth concerning illegal aliens and their enablers is that the public anger would be too great otherwise.

Why I say that is prejudice is growing against the mostly Mestizo Spanish speaking Mexicans/Central American in particular and there may be some well founded fears that innocent folks may win up getting caught in the impending crossfire.

Any thoughts?
Then it's not really about their just being illegal is it? If so called "anti-illegals" are only concerned about people being here illegally, why would they be prejudiced against a particular ethnicity?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:21 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,022,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Then it's not really about their just being illegal is it? If so called "anti-illegals" are only concerned about people being here illegally, why would they be prejudiced against a particular ethnicity?
Try again.

There was horrific prejudice against the Irish not so terribly along ago----------never mind that most people of that lineage look just like English, Welsh, Scotts, White Spaniards, etc. so it had to be cultural differences.

Unfortunately; too many 'Mexican/Central American' Latinos (of any race/ethnicity) tend to stand out including their US born kids with their basic mannerisms including heavily accented/whiny English whereas the US born children of South Americans (also Hispanic), African Blacks, Euros of any race as well as Asians usually speak standard American English, etc.

Can someone say 'lightning rods' for potential abuse of the first group?

Old 08-02-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Try again.

There was horrific prejudice against the Irish not so terribly along ago----------never mind that most people of that lineage look just like English, Welsh, Scotts, White Spaniards, etc. so it had to be cultural differences.

Unfortunately; too many 'Mexican/Central American' Latinos (of any race/ethnicity) tend to stand out including their US born kids with their basic mannerisms including heavily accented/whiny English whereas the US born children of South Americans (also Hispanic), African Blacks, Euros of any race as well as Asians usually speak standard American English, etc.

Can someone say 'lightning rods' for potential abuse of the first group?
What the hell is standard American English? Most people( regardless of ethnicity) born and raised in America have American accents. Can you provide a clip of a Mexican/Central American born and raised in the U.S speaking this heavily accented/whiny English you claim they do?

BTW, i don't actually expect you to provide any link to to back up your lies and misinformation.

YouTube - Eva Longoria on Ellen

I don't hear any whiny/heavily accented English coming from this Mexican- American.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75uiFWBvW_U

Or this one.

Last edited by blacknight04; 08-02-2009 at 12:47 PM..

Old 08-02-2009, 02:18 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,496,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What the hell is standard American English? Most people( regardless of ethnicity) born and raised in America have American accents. Can you provide a clip of a Mexican/Central American born and raised in the U.S speaking this heavily accented/whiny English you claim they do?

BTW, i don't actually expect you to provide any link to to back up your lies and misinformation.

YouTube - Eva Longoria on Ellen

I don't hear any whiny/heavily accented English coming from this Mexican- American.

YouTube - Southland: Kevin Alejandro

Or this one.
ArizonaBear's probably talking about "Chicano English", which is not a product of recent immigration but a dialect very deeply rooted in CA and AZ. One can find non-Latino whites who grew up in Latino neighborhoods who speak it. It's considered a "lower class" accent so actors, actresses, etc. or more educated people wouldn't speak it regularly but they're usually able to switch into it if need be. It has been a very heavy influence on CA English and is not a product of recent illegal immigration. There were ethnic "novelty records" back in the '50s that used it for comic purposes (just as there were other ethnic "novelty" records that used Yiddishisms and Italianisms for comic effect; Lalo Guerrero was just as "American" as Mickey Katz or Louis Prima)

Old 08-02-2009, 05:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,022,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
ArizonaBear's probably talking about "Chicano English", which is not a product of recent immigration but a dialect very deeply rooted in CA and AZ. One can find non-Latino whites who grew up in Latino neighborhoods who speak it. It's considered a "lower class" accent so actors, actresses, etc. or more educated people wouldn't speak it regularly but they're usually able to switch into it if need be. It has been a very heavy influence on CA English and is not a product of recent illegal immigration. There were ethnic "novelty records" back in the '50s that used it for comic purposes (just as there were other ethnic "novelty" records that used Yiddishisms and Italianisms for comic effect; Lalo Guerrero was just as "American" as Mickey Katz or Louis Prima)
That is what I am referring to.............that whiny-ass accent which grates on my nerves.

And; those stupid/clueless kids do not seem to realize that speaking in that manner will hold them back in life. The cold reality is certain accents (Southern, inner city Black, and even NY/NJ ones) do not go over very well in the rest of the USA.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
That is what I am referring to.............that whiny-ass accent which grates on my nerves.

And; those stupid/clueless kids do not seem to realize that speaking in that manner will hold them back in life. The cold reality is certain accents (Southern, inner city Black, and even NY/NJ ones) do not go over very well in the rest of the USA.
It seems that is not the only thing that gets on your nerves about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration