U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 02:04 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times

Advertisements

i regret the death of anyone, but this is somehow the fault of the united states?
why have we cornered the market on guilt?

Old 02-11-2010, 02:08 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If such putative behavior is so damn offensive to illegal aliens, they can leave the USA---------problem solved.

Now; if we are going to play your game: how about the raging drug wars, growing obesity problem, extreme financial gap between the rich and poor, racism against non White people, etc?? Yes: I am talking about Mexico.
When did anything I stated become attributed to Aliens...if you want them to leave so bad...have you tried asking nicely?...

Old 02-11-2010, 02:20 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i regret the death of anyone, but this is somehow the fault of the united states?
why have we cornered the market on guilt?
Who asking for your sympathy...you have no reason for guilt.

He's no different than any other migrant over the last 1000years that struck out over harsh terrain to look for a better life...

its been done by all cultures and all races throughout the History of Man...

Wagon trains of Westward bound immigrants parished in the High Sierras on their way west looking for a better life.

There are Frozen examples of early man traveling on his own to see whats on the other side of the Horizen...

An immaginary line in space is supposed to stop mans urge to travel and see his world.

I dont mourn that man...I salute him. Man made laws dont trump His Godgiven right to control his life. And to hell with Kings, Despots, and Governments.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:27 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
So just having less kids will help the economy? Umm...you do realize that in extremely poor communities, families with more kids are MUCH better off than families with less kids.

It's really not that simple.
Anyway you spin it: if dealing with breeders outside of the USA..........they are not our problem. We owe them nothing.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
What does a Alien care about Americas Fat Teens?
FYI: an inordinate number of the 'fatties' here in the USA are either Black or Mestizo Hispanic out of the total US population. And I will hazard a guess that per capita; more Anchor Babies are obese vs. children of parents here legally.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:

He's no different than any other migrant over the last 1000years that struck out over harsh terrain to look for a better life...

Wagon trains of Westward bound immigrants parished in the High Sierras on their way west looking for a better life.

There are Frozen examples of early man traveling on his own to see whats on the other side of the Horizen...

An immaginary line in space is supposed to stop mans urge to travel and see his world.

I dont mourn that man...I salute him. Man made laws dont trump His Godgiven right to control his life. And to hell with Kings, Despots, and Governments.
WRONG! The Rule of Law does supercede individual choice when the rights of the many (citizens of the USA) outweigh the rights of the few (illegal aliens).

Old 02-11-2010, 02:41 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,723 times
Quote:
FYI: an inordinate number of the 'fatties' here in the USA are either Black or Mestizo Hispanic out of the total US population. And I will hazard a guess that per capita; more Anchor Babies are obese vs. children of parents here legally.

The higher level of obesity among sons of immigrants cut across socioeconomic levels and was most pronounced among those whose parents do not speak English, the study found.
It was most prevalent among newly arrived Hispanic immigrants and non-Hispanic white immigrants. Black children of immigrants do not face a higher rate of obesity than their native counterparts, and the problem does not show up among Asian children of new arrivals, although it does appear among children of Asian immigrants who have been in the United States for 15 or 20 years, said Jennifer Van Hook of Pennsylvania State University, the report's lead author.

Sons of Immigrants to U.S. Have High Obesity Levels, Report Finds - washingtonpost.com

Old 02-11-2010, 02:49 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:

In today's world every country has immigration laws. It matters not how it was done hundreds of years ago. There is no imaginary line. Countries have distinct borders today. These illegals aren't traveling to see "his" world. They are violating our borders to stay and work here against our laws. They aren't tourists or explorers.

No, it is not their God given right to violate man's laws. "Render on to God what is God's but render onto to Caesar.......and obey the laws of the land."

God's laws also say "do not covet thy neighbor and thou shalt not steal."

Old 02-11-2010, 02:58 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
The higher level of obesity among sons of immigrants cut across socioeconomic levels and was most pronounced among those whose parents do not speak English, the study found.
It was most prevalent among newly arrived Hispanic immigrants and non-Hispanic white immigrants. Black children of immigrants do not face a higher rate of obesity than their native counterparts, and the problem does not show up among Asian children of new arrivals, although it does appear among children of Asian immigrants who have been in the United States for 15 or 20 years, said Jennifer Van Hook of Pennsylvania State University, the report's lead author.

Sons of Immigrants to U.S. Have High Obesity Levels, Report Finds - washingtonpost.com
Obesity has much to do with one's cultural foods consumed, an individual's metalobic rate, and heredity. Asians usually stay slim because of their large consumption of rice, fish and other non-fatty foods. As stated though many of them who migrate to the U.S. acquire a taste for American and other cultural foods and come obese also. Hispanics eat a lot of lard laden beans and torillas which was the cultural food of many of their native indian ancestors. Americans are addicted to cheeseburgers, lol. We all need to watch our weight by being careful what foods we consume. Boy, have we gotten off topic? Sorry, had to add my two cents worth.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:58 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Quote:
Anyway you spin it: if dealing with breeders outside of the USA..........they are not our problem. We owe them nothing.
What are you talking about? Please stay within the context of the convo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or