U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:51 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
You've never heard of all of western Europe have you?

There's actually a forecast that Turkish and other Arab Islamists will become a great portion of British, German, French, Dutch, etc. populations soon.
I was going to respond by telling you that your post gave me the best laugh today, but then I saw this post of yours in another thread and realized what's going on with you. Clearly you are very keen on race and categorizing/stereotyping ethnicities - welcome to the US!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
I can't say I have a problem with Hispanics. They're driven, they work hard, they value education, family and the simple things in life.

Another reason the population is growing is because white Americans are having fewer and fewer kids. With a birth rate lower than the death rate, white populations in America are declining rapidly, while often times you'll see 3+ children in Hispanic and Asian families.

If you don't like it, go have lots of unprotected sex. That's all I've got to say.

Also, on the topic of the USA being welcoming... Here's the process to American citizenship which my own parents followed:

It only took 10 years.

Many nations will give you a work visa if you can speak the language and show skills that will make you an asset to the country.

One of my friends travels between Japan and the USA and has had legal residency there for 6 years, he's 18. It took about 6 months.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:05 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,117,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Guatemalan man dies after walking 6 days in desert | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/303087 - broken link)

What is wrong with some of these people?

Well, I suppose that any knowledge of economics or US economic news wouldn't benefit some people at all or, perhaps he was hoping to take advantage of tax payer-funded benefits.
Walked in the desert for 6 days with no water or food?

Natural selection works sometimes.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:21 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I am opposed to illegal immigration.

However, I would be lying if I said I did not respect the effort. He risked, and lost, his life in attempt to achieve something. A lot of people have become so accustomed to the relative 'good life' that we have here in the United States that they've forgotten how hard it was to build. I will criticize his means, but I will not fault his motivation.

I agree with you very much. For that every one who says we have it so bad in this Country, i read it on this forum so often, take a look, at what some are willing to go thru, to experience our life. No matter his life was lost, in that in itself, is sad.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:23 PM

5,891 posts, read 12,252,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I agree with you very much. For that every one who says we have it so bad in this Country, i read it on this forum so often, take a look, at what some are willing to go thru, to experience our life. No matter his life was lost, in that in itself, is sad.
I can't speak for the guy but I highly doubt that "experincing our life" was at the top of his list of reasons for crossing. I'm sure he had planned on working up here to make money that he could send home to his family.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:37 PM

34,990 posts, read 33,863,084 times
Cant believe the ignorant, selfish cruelty of people here.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I tend to agree but I try not to make comments like that because now you're going to see a barrage of posts saying things like "It was only a matter of time before somebody played the sob story card" and "said illegal loser is suffering the consequences for his criminal actions." Bla Bla Bla Bla. There will be 30 posts of people agreeing with each other about how much he deserved it and how he should've been shot on site for trespassing. You might get one thoughtful individual who says "Great, now us taxpayers have to come up with the bread to send the body back to Guatemala, it's his fault for not buying life insurance before he decided to cross the desert."

Old 02-04-2010, 02:16 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I tend to agree but I try not to make comments like that because now you're going to see a barrage of posts saying things like "It was only a matter of time before somebody played the sob story card" and "said illegal loser is suffering the consequences for his criminal actions." Bla Bla Bla Bla. There will be 30 posts of people agreeing with each other about how much he deserved it and how he should've been shot on site for trespassing. You might get one thoughtful individual who says "Great, now us taxpayers have to come up with the bread to send the body back to Guatemala, it's his fault for not buying life insurance before he decided to cross the desert."
yeah, or something like this:

Crimes Against Law Enforcement Officer by Illegal Aliens (http://www.escapingjustice.com/march2.htm - broken link)

Last edited by getout; 02-04-2010 at 03:00 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 02:51 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Excuse me?

Maybe if that idiot did not attempt to cross into the USA illegally; he would still be at home with his family---------that fool was the one being ignorant.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Excuse me?

Maybe if that idiot did not attempt to cross into the USA illegally; he would still be at home with his family---------that fool was the one being ignorant.
Somebody give me a friggin' medal for predicting the future.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:36 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYWITHMYEYES View Post
American's wouldn't have to break the law to get into another country. The law's of other countries are much more welcomint. And again We are not a third world country. These people don't have the oportunity to improve their govt. or even get an education. Educate yourselves about a situation before making yourself seem ignorant.
Ok lets examine why this is. By the way we do need a VISA to travel to countries like Australia and China etc.
1. The cost to travel from the USA to say Thailand is pretty steep. One might assume if they have money for travel they have the means to support themselves while there.
2. Using Thailand again: For me as a US citizen to relocate to Thailand for permanent residence I need to have 50G in a Thaibank when I apply for a permanent VISA.
As a non-Thai national I am never permitted to own land, have a civil service job, or enjoy many of the same rights and privileges reserved for Thai nationals.
Much more welcome? Really? A green card holder in the USA enjoys the right to own a business, get a civil service job,use Gov social programs like SS, medicaid , drivers license, etc. Not so in other countries.
Once again the reason many don't require a VISA for americans is the fact that we have something to come back to. The risk of over staying is quite small as compared to say Albania.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or