U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-11-2010, 12:29 PM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,270,198 times
Reputation: 17985

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Greener pastures in a place with numerous economic problems and rising unemployment since late 2007?

So, despite being from Guatemala, which also experiences high temperatures frequently, he wasn't able to factor in weather conditions when crossing the border illegally?

If that illegal alien is stupid enough to not take any of that into consideration then I suppose he deserves to be criticized for his own death even though I wouldn't praise such a thing.

Yep;its easy to say living in this country. Desperate people take desperate measures.But then even experts die in extreme conditions they palnned for.

 
Old 02-11-2010, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Yeah Mexico needs to be more like America...just like the tons of Fat teens that cant even run a mile even if their life depended on it...

Just like all those drunk college kids that are killing themselves or others on the road in epidemic numbers. or who are walking of balconies on campus because they are so blitzed-out drunk.

Just like all those American teen girls whos bodies are so used up from promiscuous sex acts that they make a Singapore prostitute look like a Sunday school teacher.

Where most of them have made their first Prono by age 16.

Just like all those American teens that smoke dope, sling Meth, and down Mom's prescrition drugs.

Yeah Mexico dont you want to be just like that.
If such putative behavior is so damn offensive to illegal aliens, they can leave the USA---------problem solved.

Now; if we are going to play your game: how about the raging drug wars, growing obesity problem, extreme financial gap between the rich and poor, racism against non White people, etc?? Yes: I am talking about Mexico.
 
Old 02-11-2010, 12:57 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Yeah Mexico needs to be more like America...just like the tons of Fat teens that cant even run a mile even if their life depended on it...

Just like all those drunk college kids that are killing themselves or others on the road in epidemic numbers. or who are walking of balconies on campus because they are so blitzed-out drunk.

Just like all those American teen girls whos bodies are so used up from promiscuous sex acts that they make a Singapore prostitute look like a Sunday school teacher.

Where most of them have made their first Prono by age 16.

Just like all those American teens that smoke dope, sling Meth, and down Mom's prescrition drugs.

Yeah Mexico dont you want to be just like that.
I think Mexico already has some of these same problems there. I think Mexicans should emulate the U.S. by creating an economy, jobs and all the positives of the U.S. and not the negatives. I noted you would only bring up the negatives about our country. You know that isn't all this country is about and the scenarios you provided are not about the majority but the minority of our citizens. All countries have their social outcasts.
 
Old 02-11-2010, 02:11 PM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,664,266 times
Reputation: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Yeah Mexico needs to be more like America...just like the tons of Fat teens that cant even run a mile even if their life depended on it...

Just like all those drunk college kids that are killing themselves or others on the road in epidemic numbers. or who are walking of balconies on campus because they are so blitzed-out drunk.

Just like all those American teen girls whos bodies are so used up from promiscuous sex acts that they make a Singapore prostitute look like a Sunday school teacher.

Where most of them have made their first Prono by age 16.

Just like all those American teens that smoke dope, sling Meth, and down Mom's prescrition drugs.

Yeah Mexico dont you want to be just like that.
Who is forcing immigrants to come to America sinse we have all those issues.
 
Old 02-11-2010, 02:13 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,087,689 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I think Mexico already has some of these same problems there. I think Mexicans should emulate the U.S. by creating an economy, jobs and all the positives of the U.S. and not the negatives. I noted you would only bring up the negatives about our country. You know that isn't all this country is about and the scenarios you provided are not about the majority but the minority of our citizens. All countries have their social outcasts.
How do you propose that Mexico emulate the United States in building it's economy? Pray tell, what do you suggest?
 
Old 02-11-2010, 02:18 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,087,689 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Who is forcing immigrants to come to America sinse we have all those issues.
I think that many have missed the point. I believe, and tex please do correct me if I'm wrong, that the idea isn't that America is a horrible place, but rather it's not the gold standard. People on this board seem to get confused with ideas of criticism and hatred. Criticism is not the same as hatred. America is not the cultural Vahala that many people espouse on this board. It does have problems, some very significant. However, they never are mentioned in this forum. Oddly, the failings of other nations are usually the topic of conversation. Most often than not posters claim that these nations should aspire to be like the United States...even culturally.
 
Old 02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,664,266 times
Reputation: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
How do you propose that Mexico emulate the United States in building it's economy? Pray tell, what do you suggest?
The Indian/Mestizo population should stop having so many kids relative to income. The Gringo Mexican population has on avg 2 kids or less. Has been that way for years. Look at Uruguay. The population is 3 million. 80% of Uruguay population is European origin. Wages are low in Uruguay and unemployment is high. So how come America is not flooded with Uruguayian peasents. Low population. Dont hate on the European Latin Americans because they choose to have smaller families. Poor Latin Americans want people to feel sorry for their poverty but they continue to have too many kids. Look at the illegals from Latin America coming over here having 4 to 7 kids. They do not contribute enough in taxes to support large families. Get real.

Uruguay
The monthly earnings in this country are $158 American dollars or $100 dollars depending on which area you live in.[citation needed] The unemployment rate is high; therefore the government wants to increase real wages and salaries to reduce the poverty rate. Their labor tax is very high in order to cover for social security needs.[12] Uruguay has a good social safety net helping the people in need and this helps the country fight from being in poverty.
 
Old 02-11-2010, 02:42 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,087,689 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
The Indian/Mestizo population should stop having so many kids relative to income. The Gringo Mexican population has on avg 2 kids or less. Has been that way for years. Look at Uruguay. The population is 3 million. 80% of Uruguay population is European origin. Wages are low in Uruguay and unemployment is high. So how come America is not flooded with Uruguayian peasents. Low population. Dont hate on the European Latin Americans because they choose to have smaller families. Poor Latin Americans want people to feel sorry for their poverty but they continue to have too many kids. Look at the illegals from Latin America coming over here having 4 to 7 kids. They do not contribute enough in taxes to support large families. Get real.

Uruguay
The monthly earnings in this country are $158 American dollars or $100 dollars depending on which area you live in.[citation needed] The unemployment rate is high; therefore the government wants to increase real wages and salaries to reduce the poverty rate. Their labor tax is very high in order to cover for social security needs.[12] Uruguay has a good social safety net helping the people in need and this helps the country fight from being in poverty.
So just having less kids will help the economy? Umm...you do realize that in extremely poor communities, families with more kids are MUCH better off than families with less kids.

It's really not that simple.
 
Old 02-11-2010, 02:48 PM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,664,266 times
Reputation: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
So just having less kids will help the economy? Umm...you do realize that in extremely poor communities, families with more kids are MUCH better off than families with less kids.

It's really not that simple.
If Mexico's population was 3 million instead of 110 million, illegal immigrants from that country would be a non issue.
 
Old 02-11-2010, 03:02 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,095,331 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Who is forcing immigrants to come to America sinse we have all those issues.
What does a Alien care about Americas Fat Teens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top