U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 04:46 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,583,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Cochise County sheriff's deputies recovered the body of a 22-year-old Guatemalan man east of Sierra Vista who died after walking for six days without food and water in an attempt to enter the United States illegally.
Guatemalan man dies after walking 6 days in desert | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/303087 - broken link)

What is wrong with some of these people?

Well, I suppose that any knowledge of economics or US economic news wouldn't benefit some people at all or, perhaps he was hoping to take advantage of tax payer-funded benefits.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:52 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,084,325 times
this is disgusting!

poor soul. may he rest in peace.

i wish more people knew how dangerous crossing the desert is.

i hope this serves as a deterrent.

what is wrong with YOU antireq?
looking to take advantage of tax payer funded benefits?! ya, sacrificing so much, risking life and limb just to line up for social services... right

is that what you really think?

my guess is that they were coming to work. they didnt make it. let it be a lesson for others trying to do the same.

rest in peace juan doe.

its a tragedy. loss of human life is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
Guatemalan man dies after walking 6 days in desert | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/303087 - broken link)

Well, I suppose that any knowledge of economics or US economic news wouldn't benefit some people at all or, perhaps he was hoping to take advantage of tax payer-funded benefits.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what is wrong with YOU antireq?
looking to take advantage of tax payer funded benefits?! ya, sacrificing so much, risking life and limb just to line up for social services... right

is that what you really think?

my guess is that they were coming to work. they didnt make it. let it be a lesson for others trying to do the same.
He's looking for work despite the US being in a recession and rising unemployment since late 2007?

I'm certain that in Guatemala and Mexico, which I'm certain he passed through, he would least heard something about the recession.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:02 PM

im sure in passing through mex he saw that conditions there are as poor as they are in his country. they arent that bad in this country. its the greener pastures. even in times of economic hardship. at least thats what he thought.

he wasnt factoring WEATHER conditions tho.

Quote:
He's looking for work despite the US being in a recession and rising unemployment since late 2007?

I'm certain that in Guatemala and Mexico, which I'm certain he passed through, he would least heard something about the recession.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:14 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,629,517 times
Quote:

Perhaps he was driven by a desperation that neither you nor I, nor most of our readers will ever have to experience..I don't know, never met the man. But I have experienced truly frightening desert heat, and my heart goes out to the guy, because it's a particularly gruesome way to die.

May his soul find peace...

Old 07-31-2009, 05:18 PM

beleive it or not, i have to spread the reps. so its an honorary one for now.

but i completely agree with you... unless you are being sarcastic. which sometimes is lost on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Perhaps he was driven by a desperation that neither you nor I, nor most of our readers will ever have to experience..I don't know, never met the man. But I have experienced truly frightening desert heat, and my heart goes out to the guy, because it's a particularly gruesome way to die.

May his soul find peace...

Old 07-31-2009, 05:21 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,629,517 times
Quote:
beleive it or not, i have to spread the reps. so its an honorary one for now.

but i completely agree with you... unless you are being sarcastic. which sometimes is lost on me.
For once, no sarcasm. It's a tragic way to die, all politics aside. What a shame, and what suffering.....

Old 07-31-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
im sure in passing through mex he saw that conditions there are as poor as they are in his country. they arent that bad in this country. its the greener pastures. even in times of economic hardship. at least thats what he thought.
Greener pastures in a place with numerous economic problems and rising unemployment since late 2007?

Quote:
he wasnt factoring WEATHER conditions tho.
So, despite being from Guatemala, which also experiences high temperatures frequently, he wasn't able to factor in weather conditions when crossing the border illegally?

If that illegal alien is stupid enough to not take any of that into consideration then I suppose he deserves to be criticized for his own death even though I wouldn't praise such a thing.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Greener pastures in a place with numerous economic problems and rising unemployment since late 2007?

So, despite being from Guatemala, which also experiences high temperatures frequently, he wasn't able to factor in weather conditions when crossing the border illegally?

If that illegal alien is stupid enough to not take any of that into consideration then I suppose he deserves to be criticized for his own death even though I wouldn't praise such a thing.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:48 PM

53 posts, read 79,856 times
yeah some people are desperate enough to do anything to earn money even if it means walkin through a scorching desert.

lots of mexicans do it and lots of haitians pile into boats to get to the us

poor guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or