U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 10:55 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
There is NO upside to open borders! Do you really want America to look like the countries they come from?

There is however great advantage to closing the borders tight as possible and deporting all the illegal immigrants.
Sure there's a 'upside'..if you're in a Third world country, looking for a 'quick fix'.....or a large employer, looking for a docile, compliant work force without moving 'offshore'....or if you're a homeowner looking to get your roof repaired on the 'cheap'. The problem is, that 'upside' benefits the 'few', in the very SHORT run...while costing the "many" over the long run....mostly in ways that are irreversible.

Even cocaine has an 'upside'....until your supply.....or your health.... runs out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 04:54 PM

60,066 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinggreen View Post
They tried the 'open borders" in Europe. Most people went to England, which of course, if a welfare state, now England are paying the French millions not to let anymore come across the channel. England is completely overcrowded and getting worse by the minute.

I talk to my friends in the UK, that are in the same field I'm in and they say it is really bad. The Eastern Europeans, are like our southern border jumpers.

They barely make minimum wage for what I do here, and they are taxed out the snozz.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 909 times
Just because they come from another place worse than ours doesn't mean they don't deserve a good life to.! They are humans just like us. I don't understand you people who hate them. I think they shouldn't be deported. Its not there faults where they were born. Think of the children its just not fair poor kids when if you live in the U.S your kids have a better life. Not cool and I'm a white girl in phoenix Arizona. Think about what you do to them when you don't wanna let them in. They have feelings to.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixgrl View Post
Just because they come from another place worse than ours doesn't mean they don't deserve a good life to.! They are humans just like us. I don't understand you people who hate them. I think they shouldn't be deported. Its not there faults where they were born. Think of the children its just not fair poor kids when if you live in the U.S your kids have a better life. Not cool and I'm a white girl in phoenix Arizona. Think about what you do to them when you don't wanna let them in. They have feelings to.
And why should we have to ruin our country with open borders?? It is not our fault that way too many Third World nations are 'ghetto'.

As for Mexico: that nation is not poor----------its per capita income is above $14K a year which rivals some places right here in the USA.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Do you think it's the fault of Americans that these people are having children they cannot afford or feed? Why do you think everyone here has a better life? Our Cities have plenty of poor and homeless trying to keep from starving too.

Hate is such a strong word, how about dislike. I dislike being forced to adopt these people coming here illegally and in fact we are. I have no voice in how my tax dollars are spent and if these Illegals are stealing my tax dollars I shouldn't have to "like" it. I simply want them to stop coming illegally and I don't want them stealing my tax dollars. I also want their Govts to take care of them in the own Countries. I didn't invite them so I shouldn't have to be forced to raise these people either.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 10-21-2009 at 12:04 PM..

Old 10-21-2009, 12:55 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Really?

Just wait until it is YOUR tax money is supporting them.

You'll be singing an entirely different song then.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:03 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,946,459 times
Anything to sell a freakin' book. Open borders : more evil doers who look Mexican, but really aren't. You like that idea. kiddies ? Terrists with Mexican accents. Shifty eyes, duffel bags....but...who...are they...really ?? Warning Will Rodriguez !!! (what was that robots name on Lost In Space ?)

Old 10-21-2009, 01:08 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Sorry, but there are poor children in every country in the world. Should we take them all? We are not responsible for the reckless decisions made by their parents. Their parents decided to live in this country illegally, and involve them in their unlawful behavior. Blame their parents, not us.

Sure, they do deserve a better life, in their own countries -- not HERE.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:39 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
You sound like a very compassionate person. Maybe as you mature you'll be able to stay that way....but don't be surprised if your attitude changes a bit. Meanwhile, keep up the compassion....

Old 10-21-2009, 11:14 PM

60,066 posts, read 30,599,526 times
A sure way to cripple and at worst destroy a nation, is to have open borders and a welfare state.

When you stoop to their level you become them. We will all be back to 3rd world capabilities here in short order.... It won't be long now, before our dollar tanks and is completely worthless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration