U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-23-2009, 08:05 AM
 
1,747 posts, read 1,668,604 times
Reputation: 441

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I live on the border, it isn't about illegals, it's about tons and tons of drugs. The border should be sealed
Yep!
Its not about the illegals.....just the tons and tons of drugs that magically appear for some reason.
Seal the border?
THIS approach WILL surely END drug trafficking and illegal immigration FOREVER!
Yeah, right.
Cost to "seal" the border.....100s of billions, a trillion dollars, maybe more?
TRYING to stop the corruption by throwing endless money at it......priceless.
Kneejerk reactions are so beneficial, aren't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2009, 08:21 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,066 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Reputation: 12813
Well, it is about the illegals. The drug trafficking, is a separate crime, that is also easily stopped.

When anything is illegal, be it drugs or non-citizenship, there is going to be corruption.

Look at prohibition and alcohol being illegal in the 1930's. What happened then.... You had corruption and gangs, supplying the illegal products.

Pass strict laws that go after employers of these illegals. I mean really strict, where there is no way anyone would even think about losing it all over working an illegal.
Pass laws that legalize and tax all recreational drugs. We may have to pay for consequences, but no one is going to get killed at the hands of another individual over it. It would be less cost than we have now, investigating, arresting and incarcerating, drug crime.
Alcohol, kills way more people that pot, coke, speed, or opium, combined, and it is legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Yep!
Its not about the illegals.....just the tons and tons of drugs that magically appear for some reason.
Seal the border?
THIS approach WILL surely END drug trafficking and illegal immigration FOREVER!
Yeah, right.
Cost to "seal" the border.....100s of billions, a trillion dollars, maybe more?
TRYING to stop the corruption by throwing endless money at it......priceless.
Kneejerk reactions are so beneficial, aren't they?
Maybe it is time to find out how much it will really cost-----------especially after the cutoff of remittances to SoB once the illegals are gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Currently many of the vehicles being stopped are trafficking a mixture of drugs and people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,731 posts, read 5,936,312 times
Reputation: 1328
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixgrl View Post
Just because they come from another place worse than ours doesn't mean they don't deserve a good life to.! They are humans just like us. I don't understand you people who hate them. I think they shouldn't be deported. Its not there faults where they were born. Think of the children its just not fair poor kids when if you live in the U.S your kids have a better life. Not cool and I'm a white girl in phoenix Arizona. Think about what you do to them when you don't wanna let them in. They have feelings to.
Touchy feel good sentiment not based on reality.
I cant even believe this post is legit.
What about our taxes,wages driven down,jobs for americans?crime?
Cost of healthcare for illegals,etc
By your logic we should let ANYONE in based on the fact they were..
Born in a poor country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 02:41 PM
 
777 posts, read 1,095,554 times
Reputation: 251
I disagree with many of the regular posters in this forum. But not on this topic. Open borders would be a disaster. We are barely able to keep things in check as it is.

Open borders would result in far too many illegals pouring in. We have just about the correct mix right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 02:56 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
I disagree with many of the regular posters in this forum. But not on this topic. Open borders would be a disaster. We are barely able to keep things in check as it is.

Open borders would result in far too many illegals pouring in. We have just about the correct mix right now.
You can relax. If we had open borders, there wouldn't be any illegals pouring in. Anyone who 'poured in' would be legal....

I'm not sure that would be good for our society...but at least, there would be fewer illegals..we'd simply remove "illegality" as a concept, and 'PRESTO !'...no more illegals!...

(By the way, if you want my opinion....about 6 months after we opened our borders, no one would be 'pouring in' anyway....there would be no reason left to cause anyone to 'pour in'...in fact, I'd say it's a safe bet that as this took effect, people would start 'pouring out'. But, of course, that's only my opinion.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2009, 04:08 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
I disagree with many of the regular posters in this forum. But not on this topic. Open borders would be a disaster. We are barely able to keep things in check as it is.

Open borders would result in far too many illegals pouring in. We have just about the correct mix right now.
We have about the correct mix right now? Since when are illegal aiens a "correct" mix among our population at any time or in any numbers when we have immigration laws?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top