Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 02:26 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
This was exactly my take. These are mostly kids that dont have anything better to do and want to feel they "belong to something". I dont think they understand in it's totalness, what aztlan entails. "If they'll buy the beer" statement reminds me of when I was in high school and mecha came to school to talk to me and try to recruit me for college with their..."you are one of us, you are a Chicana." I was puzzled by it but heck, they offered me some money to go to college, I wasn't about to turn it down. Once in college and I learned the theory behind aztlan and chicanismo, it was no longer appealing to me.
Nation of Aztlan are extreme even in the context of the Aztlanist millieu ; just look at what they say about gays and Jews (including Mexican or Mexican-American gays and Jews). They're on the ADL and SPLC hate group lists for good reason. They remind me of not only Aryan groups but also Jewish extremists like Meir Kahane, i.e. the guys who talk about a "silent holocaust". Surprisingly they don't seem to talk much about African-Americans, though, maybe it's just a matter of omission or lower priority in their hierarchy of hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 11:56 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
didnt check the website. rather not add a HIT to their site.

but i disagree. this garbage is NOT popular among the mex-amer peoples. IT IS NOT VERY POPULAR. you ask most people they will respond with a "who?" or "Kay, kay?". seriously, where do you get your info from. this is a fringe group. people dont know about them. its seems you guys know more about these people than anyone else.

as for the assertion by other posters that aztlan = kkk. thats also erroneous. aztlan is a story, a myth like atlantis. thats all it is. again the understanding of La Raza and Aztlan are misunderstood by most people.

except i know that in the same faulty manner that "La Raza" is used, so will "Aztlan" be. i could see it now...

"yes and then those aztlan(interchangeable with "la raza") people were marching and demanding rights!"
or
"those aztlaners are the most racists!!!"

lots of misinformation going around guys. lets be reasonable and rational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobejano View Post
www.aztlan.net/

does anyone happen to embrace the views of that website?

i hear that it's very popular among the mexican-american community and that there's a movement for aztlan.

anyone? i think some of that website's content is scary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration