Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 05:34 PM

53 posts, read 93,126 times

Advertisements

www.aztlan.net/

does anyone happen to embrace the views of that website?

i hear that it's very popular among the mexican-american community and that there's a movement for aztlan.

anyone? i think some of that website's content is scary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 05:41 PM

53 posts, read 93,126 times
the voz de aztlan is also considered hateful by the adl

Nation of Aztlan-Anti-Semitism, Anti-Zionism

Old 08-01-2009, 07:37 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,621 times
I've visited the site a few times and the content is quite radical.

As for the ADL, I couldn't care less about their opinions. It, like the SPLC, has become nothing more than a political profiling group that seeks to smear those who the members disagree with.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:18 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobejano View Post
www.aztlan.net/

does anyone happen to embrace the views of that website?

i hear that it's very popular among the mexican-american community and that there's a movement for aztlan.

anyone? i think some of that website's content is scary

If they'll buy the beer, I'll embrace their views! What, exactly, are we talking about here? Will I need to bring anything?

Old 08-01-2009, 09:48 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,395 times
Aztlan = KKK with a Tan

Old 08-01-2009, 09:56 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Aztlan = KKK with a Tan
I couldn't have explained it any better.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:54 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
If they'll buy the beer, I'll embrace their views! What, exactly, are we talking about here? Will I need to bring anything?
This was exactly my take. These are mostly kids that dont have anything better to do and want to feel they "belong to something". I dont think they understand in it's totalness, what aztlan entails. "If they'll buy the beer" statement reminds me of when I was in high school and mecha came to school to talk to me and try to recruit me for college with their..."you are one of us, you are a Chicana." I was puzzled by it but heck, they offered me some money to go to college, I wasn't about to turn it down. Once in college and I learned the theory behind aztlan and chicanismo, it was no longer appealing to me.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:32 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
No serious person would even pay attention to them.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:41 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
This was exactly my take. These are mostly kids that dont have anything better to do and want to feel they "belong to something". I dont think they understand in it's totalness, what aztlan entails. "If they'll buy the beer" statement reminds me of when I was in high school and mecha came to school to talk to me and try to recruit me for college with their..."you are one of us, you are a Chicana." I was puzzled by it but heck, they offered me some money to go to college, I wasn't about to turn it down. Once in college and I learned the theory behind aztlan and chicanismo, it was no longer appealing to me.
What you describe also happened a few times to my daughter in college. It happens now and then, in differing ways. My wife has been told how she "should"..(or should not) view things because of the way she "looks"...and then the same people will start in on ME.. She's been told she "doesn't look like" she fits her married surname (mine)....and that she shouldn't be letting a "guy like me" (her husband) translate any Spanish for her, because she "ought to know it on her own"....(and this comes from people who often THEMSELVES don't know it...much.)

Pretty much the same thing any OTHER knucklehead would say, regardless of race. MOST of these folks, as you say, are young and just not too sophisticated.

Thankfully, this doesn't happen TOO often in my life.....but I know te feeling.

Last edited by macmeal; 08-02-2009 at 10:57 AM..

Old 08-02-2009, 11:31 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Yes, sort of like poor white kids that get mixed up with hate groups like the Aryan Brotherhood..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration