Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:23 AM

33 posts, read 40,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden View Post
I think you should see a mental health professional ASAP, Mr. Malamute....
First, not all men are of equal strength. And A woman can be very effective at fighting off a man. Many martial arts schools offer classes in that area of defense. Are you actually suggesting that these acts were consentual? I hope you are not suggesting the immigrants allowed the rape to happen for some sort of personal gain, like residency.

I am really trying to calibrate my brain waves trying to understand your twisted logic.

This sorry excuse for an officer preyed on these illegal aliens because he knew they couldn't realistically do anything other than comply.

I believe that illegal immigrants should be deported but they should give those victims a green card and make that officer pay for their counseling.
Co-sign. What a scuzzy thing to insinuate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 05:56 AM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynflip View Post
Try what again? I am completely against police handling what ICE should be for this reason. Unless you want criminals taking advantage of people like this. Unless you think someone living here without documents is so heinous, that they shouldn't be able to report murderers, rapists, and child molesters that could go on and harm Americans too(if illegal immigrants aren't human enough for you).
This was one Cop, I'm sure we can find a corrupt BP too. So maybe we should just stop enforcing the border and enforcing our laws?

Just be glad he got caught.

Obama is doing it correctly by getting law enforcement into the mix.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This was one Cop, I'm sure we can find a corrupt BP too. So maybe we should just stop enforcing the border and enforcing our laws?

Just be glad he got caught.

Obama is doing it correctly by getting law enforcement into the mix.
You completely missed the point.

The point is, everyone in this country needs to be encouraged to report crime like this. Whether it's a citizen, legal immigrant, tourist, or someone living here without documents. If an illegal witnesses crime, or is a victim of crime like this, NOTHING should prevent that person from reporting it to the authorities.

That's why police should worry about crimes, and ICE should be worrying about immigration statuses.

It benefits you for everyone to be able to report a crime.
Unless removing someone living and working here without a green card is more of a priority than an armed rapist police officer.
Think about it: if police reached out to undocumented immigrants more, think of all of the crimes that would be reported. More criminals would be take off the street, including criminals that here illegally. Because I know it's coming, I'm talking about criminals commiting a crime other than the crime of existing here without papers.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:14 AM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:

The point is, everyone in this country needs to be encouraged to report crime like this. Whether it's a citizen, legal immigrant, tourist, or someone living here without documents. If an illegal witnesses crime, or is a victim of crime like this, NOTHING should prevent that person from reporting it to the authorities.

That's why police should worry about crimes, and ICE should be worrying about immigration statuses.

Unless removing someone living and working here without a green card is more of a priority than an armed rapist police officer.
Think about it: if police reached out to undocumented immigrants more, think of all of the crimes that would be reported. More criminals would be take off the street, including criminals that here illegally. Because I know it's coming, I'm talking about criminals commiting a crime other than the crime of existing here without papers.
So you are advocating two sets of laws, which we currently have? Here is an example. I was fishing at a local lake on a pier. This area is patrolled by Sheriff and other agencies. Within a couple of hours I'm surrounded by other fishermen that appear to not be following the lake rules of, a. buying a lake pass and b. displaying their fishing license as the law states.
Along comes a Park Ranger that waves me and one other guy displaying licenses to come to him. We comply and he checks our stuff and says we are free to go good luck. I point to the pier and ask him, "How about those guys?". He looks me straight up and says, "Why would I waste my time giving those guys a ticket, they'll give me a fake name and I don't speak Spanish."

I asked him if he thought they were Illegals and he said they must as speaking English is part of citizenship. He stated his hands were tied, he couldn't call BP. I said even if they are breaking the law? He said, "Yep".
Outrageous !!!!!

This is just one example of two sets of laws, one for law abiding, tax paying citizens and another hands off set for Illegal Aliens.

It's way passed time to get law enforcement in the game, situations like what I shared above make my blood boil.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:20 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,660,340 times
thanks for a story about an incompetent park ranger. another genius who thinks you can tell a persons citizenship by looking at them.

YOU should have reported the lax enforcement of the law exhibittd by the park ranger.

but your comparison is

Quote:
So you are advocating two sets of laws, which we currently have? Here is an example. I was fishing at a local lake on a pier. This area is patrolled by Sheriff and other agencies. Within a couple of hours I'm surrounded by other fishermen that appear to not be following the lake rules of, a. buying a lake pass and b. displaying their fishing license as the law states.
Along comes a Park Ranger that waves me and one other guy displaying licenses to come to him. We comply and he checks our stuff and says we are free to go good luck. I point to the pier and ask him, "How about those guys?". He looks me straight up and says, "Why would I waste my time giving those guys a ticket, they'll give me a fake name and I don't speak Spanish."

I asked him if he thought they were Illegals and he said they must as speaking English is part of citizenship. He stated his hands were tied, he couldn't call BP. I said even if they are breaking the law? He said, "Yep".
Outrageous !!!!!

This is just one example of two sets of laws, one for law abiding, tax paying citizens and another hands off set for Illegal Aliens.

It's way passed time to get law enforcement in the game, situations like what I shared above make my blood boil.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:40 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
this whole thread makes me want to go take a shower. Bass ackwards folks around here on CD.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:

Bottom line: it needs to be a living hell for illegal aliens and their enablers here in the USA---------up to and including seizing the formers' assets prior to be kicked out.

Maybe if the illegals' lives were miserable enough...........they would leave and take their minor age Anchors as well.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:

Outrageous !!!!!

What a completely pointless anecdote. They were illegal because they spoke Spanish. Do you how many bilingual American people live in this country that choose to converse in Spanish with each other? Not to mention how many immigrants feel more comfortable with Spanish?
I think the Ranger just didn't like you telling him how to do his job when you tried to rat out others. "What about them!" Gosh.

Two sets of laws? Oh my god. Are you really against what I said? Everyone being able to report commit crimes, which would lead to more violent criminals off the street, including illegal ones? There's got to be an inkling of rationale in your mind.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:47 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Bottom line: it needs to be a living hell for illegal aliens and their enablers here in the USA---------up to and including seizing the formers' assets prior to be kicked out.

Maybe if the illegals' lives were miserable enough...........they would leave and take their minor age Anchors as well.
I agree. They have been making our lives hell for decades, it is long past time to return the favor.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I agree. They have been making our lives hell for decades, it is long past time to return the favor.
I wonder if your attitude would change if a rapist or robber(illegal or citizen) who could've been picked up after a report by an illegal, crossed paths with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration