U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 03:26 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times

Advertisements

make it hell and subject them to sexual harrassment from cops?

is that the hell you speak of?

damm. this thread is DONE!!!
stick a fork in it.

the mustards on the hotdog.
the jello is jiggling.

D-O-N-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Bottom line: it needs to be a living hell for illegal aliens and their enablers here in the USA---------up to and including seizing the formers' assets prior to be kicked out.

Maybe if the illegals' lives were miserable enough...........they would leave and take their minor age Anchors as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 05:40 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynflip View Post
I wonder if your attitude would change if a rapist or robber(illegal or citizen) who could've been picked up after a report by an illegal, crossed paths with you.
I'm not worried about a thing.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:52 PM

15,088 posts, read 16,935,776 times

A case of a man illegally entering another man who illegally entered this country.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:56 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Cop needs to go to jail if the accusations turn out to be fact.
The illegals need to be deported.
End of story.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
This SOB, I hope he ends up in prison, general population, and it becomes known he as an officer. I'm so angry at this.
If convicted, he will be housed separately because he was a law enforcement officer.

Quote:
This is why I don't believe in police enforcing immigration laws.
No. The police should be enforcing immigrations laws because if they don't, who will? That is unless you favor the expansion of resources to allow the Border Patrol to operate further within the boundaries of this county and the expansion of immigration raids.

I have no problem with any of those scenarios.

Quote:
Every human in this country should be encouraged to report crimes without fear.
Agreed. Illegal immigrants should be free and willing to walk up to a law enforcement officer and tell him of their illegal immigration status.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:09 PM

33 posts, read 35,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
If convicted, he will be housed separately because he was a law enforcement officer.

No. The police should be enforcing immigrations laws because if they don't, who will? That is unless you favor the expansion of resources to allow the Border Patrol to operate further within the boundaries of this county and the expansion of immigration raids.

I have no problem with any of those scenarios.

Agreed. Illegal immigrants should be free and willing to walk up to a law enforcement officer and tell him of their illegal immigration status.
The Border Patrol doesn't do raids. They watch, well, the border.

If the police don't enforce immigration laws, who will?

Uh, these guys?
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-07-2009, 06:15 PM

33 posts, read 35,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I'm not worried about a thing.

Okay, Annie Oakley.

What if they have a gun, too?
Guns don't make people invincible.
The only people who flaunt them are gangmembers and neo-con types.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
The Border Patrol doesn't do raids. They watch, well, the border.

If the police don't enforce immigration laws, who will?

Uh, these guys?
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My error. I should have said "and the expansion of INS immigration raids."

Anyway, why not all of these agencies working together on the issue? The problems of illegal immigration do not cease after the illegal immigrant has crossed the border...it is still a problem while they are in the country. The way we operate now, it seems that once they've crossed the border and are in the country, we drop the ball and they're good to go...

Looked at another way, if I work in the Men's Clothing department of Macy's and see someone stealing from the Women's Shoes department in the same store, shouldn't I say something or try to stop it or should I turn the other way and say, "that's not my department" and then shrug like a dummy? The answer is I should call security or actively engage the thief - even if it is not my department.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Okay, Annie Oakley.

What if they have a gun, too?
Guns don't make people invincible.
The only people who flaunt them are gangmembers and neo-con types.
neo con types? so no democrats have ccw's? Only Neo-cons? Oh its only neo-con types that brag about their guns? Hmmm I live in a Democrat majority area and it seems like everyone I know likes to target shoot or hunt.
But feel fine to stereotype. Its your own credibility that is at stake.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
My error. I should have said "and the expansion of INS immigration raids."

Anyway, why not all of these agencies working together on the issue? The problems of illegal immigration do not cease after the illegal immigrant has crossed the border...it is still a problem while they are in the country. The way we operate now, it seems that once they've crossed the border and are in the country, we drop the ball and they're good to go...

Looked at another way, if I work in the Men's Clothing department of Macy's and see someone stealing from the Women's Shoes department in the same store, shouldn't I say something or try to stop it or should I turn the other way and say, "that's not my department" and then shrug like a dummy? The answer is I should call security or actively engage the thief - even if it is not my department.
Now that is a perfect analogy. It also pretty much sums up why 911 happened. A complete lack of communication between law enforcement agencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or