U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:00 PM

11 posts, read 13,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Oh...then he should self-deport as that would be job one. My point is he should legalize himself one way or the other. But whatever he does, he should not wait and do nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Great advice, better take it. INS seems to be cracking down on this type of violation.

Im just curious however, how did you learn to read & write english if you just got here ?? 1 year to learn it all ,huh ?

Can anyone spell HOAX for me ????
hi sir english was my 2nd language and schools in our country required english class,i am not really good at it but i was lucky to pass interviews and make it here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 06:07 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Go home. If you were over 18 when you made your decision to overstay then it was absolutely your decision. Accept responsibility and face the consequences.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:10 PM

15,088 posts, read 16,932,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
How is that starting the naturalization process? By self-deporting he gets a 10year ban on his return ( if he's been here for over a year )

It isn't. My solution, now that you have indicated that he cannot begin the process under the current conditions that were self-imposed, is to self-deport. If he could begin the naturalization process and stay here, I would advocate that. The ultimate goal is to make his situation legal and if leaving the country is the solution, then so be it.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
How is that starting the naturalization process? By self-deporting he gets a 10year ban on his return ( if he's been here for over a year )

Overstayed,

About school, try talking to your local community college/university, in some states it is still possible to go to school while you are an IA, and in some you might qualify for in-state tuition, depending where you finished your high school.

About your status, try going to talk to a lawyer to see your options, some of them have a free initial consult where you can ask them questions about your specific problems and create a plan of action. If you cannot find one, look for services at religious institutions, some of them have free legal clinics where lawyer volunteer to help out people (and meet their pro-bono) or they will be able to steer you the right direction. You should not be afraid from lawyers, you should be able to talk to them openly as a customer, and they are required by law to keep your information confidential.

thankyou for your advice sir

Old 08-07-2009, 06:26 PM

right now everything im up to is my parents decision
maybe its not right but its our culture to follow our parents
and im just being a good son to them

you guys are really lucky being here

Old 08-07-2009, 06:33 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overstayed View Post
right now everything im up to is my parents decision
maybe its not right but its our culture to follow our parents
and im just being a good son to them

you guys are really lucky being here
Why wouldn't your Parents go with you? If you get caught you will be apart, what would they do then? You have made poor choices but good luck to you. I'm sorry your Govt sucks which is what it pretty muchs comes down too. I wouldn't call it luck I'd call it your Govt is whacked.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:43 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Ok lets see if I am up to speed.
1. parents are here illegally.(over stayed the visa)
2. Polite young poster is here illegally. ( Over stayed visa due to parents)
3. Polite young poster would like to find a way to stay. ( Most illegals share the same wish)
4. The law says you have to return to country of origin. ( Before they catch you)
Your options are simple. Return to country of origin with or without mom and dad. Reapply for a student visa and hope for the best. Do the right thing be honest and don't live in fear of the police anymore.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:21 PM

804 posts, read 1,174,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Ok lets see if I am up to speed.
1. parents are here illegally.(over stayed the visa)
2. Polite young poster is here illegally. ( Over stayed visa due to parents)
3. Polite young poster would like to find a way to stay. ( Most illegals share the same wish)
4. The law says you have to return to country of origin. ( Before they catch you)
Your options are simple. Return to country of origin with or without mom and dad. Reapply for a student visa and hope for the best. Do the right thing be honest and don't live in fear of the police anymore.
He's an overstay, so his entrance is recorded, the moment he leaves the country he gets a 10 year penalty. If he would like to be in the country within the next 10 years, ( and even then it is still a really big if he will be let back in), he should not leave the country. Let alone the fact, that if his parents stay and he leaves, it's likely that he will not be able to see his parents until he is allowed back in (in 10 years) or his parents regularize their status (indefinite).

Overstayed, please do realize that most people who post in this forum have a very anti-immigrant or anti-illegal immigrant agenda. it's in your best interest to consult an attorney who will take into consideration your future when making suggestions, and showing you your options.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:25 PM

804 posts, read 1,174,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
It isn't. My solution, now that you have indicated that he cannot begin the process under the current conditions that were self-imposed, is to self-deport. If he could begin the naturalization process and stay here, I would advocate that. The ultimate goal is to make his situation legal and if leaving the country is the solution, then so be it.
Your solution only serves yourself and your political agenda, with complete disregard of the implications in the poster's future or well-being. From his original post, it seems that he has a legitimate question.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:33 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
He's an overstay, so his entrance is recorded, the moment he leaves the country he gets a 10 year penalty. If he would like to be in the country within the next 10 years, ( and even then it is still a really big if he will be let back in), he should not leave the country. Let alone the fact, that if his parents stay and he leaves, it's likely that he will not be able to see his parents until he is allowed back in (in 10 years) or his parents regularize their status (indefinite).

Overstayed, please do realize that most people who post in this forum have a very anti-immigrant or anti-illegal immigrant agenda. it's in your best interest to consult an attorney who will take into consideration your future when making suggestions, and showing you your options.
Spoken like a defence attorney who represents a confessed criminal.
The honorable thing is to leave this country. Its that simple. But hey your right I do have an agenda against illegals. I have an agenda against criminals of all kinds. I have never denied this. The OP's problem is a result of his parents failures and as a result he/she is in a bad position. The position of a criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or