U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:45 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
he could very well be english or australian or even canadian!!!

but i have a feeling this guy is indian or southeast asian.

i dont think its a hoax.

but i dont have any info to help this guy.

oh and i dont think his parents are here in the US. he said relatives. but who knows.
I can go along with this. From what he said he sounds SEA. Also keep in mind that most the Thai nationals I know use better grammar than most the posters on this forum, myself especially. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 04:33 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,958,369 times
NO...he is not English...Australian...Canadian.

I am a former Canuck schooled in Canada and the US I know how to spell and use the letters properly.

As some poster who uses the letter ( i ) instead of I (personal tense) is lacking some English class time.

I raised seven kids and they never spell with a mistake like that.

I'm not the spelling police but do know that not all persons from another foreign country may have limited class time when it comes down to English spelling and correct grammer.

Those educated here have NO excuse.

My Spanish spelling and grammar is terrible considering that I never attended Spanish classes here in the US or in Mexico. What little I know is from listening and reading.

The same could be said about those in another country with limited English exposure.

Steve

Old 08-18-2009, 02:54 AM

11 posts, read 13,068 times
i am an asian
sorry if i dont use capital I coz im just using a cellphone
and lazy to hit shift button
i studied in an adult school they dont pretty much ask or require such documents
i hope i can go work and ofcourse pay taxes too
i want to live a normal life
my dream is to have a drivers license
my good friend is offering me his car for free of use
i just cant tell him my situation
i want a honest life i didnt chose this but people in our country will call me stupid if i go back
because pretty much most of those people dream to step in this country
i wish 911 didnt happen i should had have plenty more opportunities here
need help cant talk to lawyer maybe because im not ready,i just need someone to talk about my situation to find inspiration and to feel accepted by everyone
im just not a lucky person

Old 08-18-2009, 05:49 AM

23,602 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overstayed View Post
i am an asian
i studied in an adult school they dont pretty much ask or require such documents
i want a honest life i didnt chose this but people in our country will call me stupid if i go back
need help cant talk to lawyer maybe because im not ready,i just need someone to talk about my situation to find inspiration and to feel accepted by everyone
None of those are legitimate reasons to stay here illegally. Please go home.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
i am an asian
If you really want to be here, just do it the right way. There is a legal process, and really that's the only fair way because you're not the only one who wants to come here.

The legal process means filling out forms, maybe having a steady job. There might be some other requirements but you may have to wait because there are others before you. I think maybe a 6 month wait.

The USA takes in far more legal immigrants than any other nation in the world. Many more would like to come, and we'd like to have them if they are willing to adapt to our ways, learn our language -- in other words if they truly want to be American.

The problem is there are over 2 billion impoverished people throughout the world who obviously would love to come here and enjoy our plentiful government handouts but these people cannot learn much of anything of our language and culture, have no job skills,

Immigration must be fair, it must be in favor of the immigrant who wants to be an American, it must be orderly and so it must be legal.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:44 PM

11 posts, read 13,068 times
i cant apply for an imigrant visa because i have no us citizen parent to petition me
thats why i applied as a tourist and enter here legally
everything was legal my visa is not yet expired
the only thing is my i94 was overstayed which might void my visa
if only i can apply for a student or working visa

Old 08-19-2009, 05:55 AM

23,602 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Quote:
i cant apply for an imigrant visa because i have no us citizen parent to petition me
You could have extended it with form I-539.

You really have nobody to blame but yourself. Your predicament is nobody else's fault. Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to come here, and nobody is forcing you to stay.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:32 PM

439 posts, read 791,304 times
So your visa has not expired? You really should check to find out if there's still time to petition for an extension or renew the i90. I'm not a lawyer, don't know exactly if that can be done.
I knew a guy in your situation. Overstayed and was studying at adult school. He met my friend and they got married. Haven't had any issues come up about the overstaying. Not that I'm saying you should do that. On one hand if you continue on this course you might meet someone and get hitched to a citizen - problem solved. But on the other hand that is not a given.
The gov. seems more lenient with overstayers than with those who come through undocumented. I know there is a 10 year ban on re-entry if someone came here illegally. But penalties may be lighter for overstaying the visa. You really need a lawyer....

Old 08-20-2009, 08:40 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Then that's what you should do -- apply for a student or working visa.

It would be nice if the USA was still the big open country where anyone could come but it's not that way anymore. A whole lot of people want to come here, many want the welfare handouts, the Medicaid, the SSI more than they want work and unfortunately many of them can be sponsored by a relative. The family sponsorship immigration is extremely unfair.

But at any rate, I'm sure you understand why immigration has to be somewhat orderly, billions of people can't just come rushing in. And now there's high unemployment rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or