U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 08:31 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Quote of the day:

Why should I hire you, when I can get 4 illegals for the same price.

I wish I had a dime for everytime I have heard that!!

That is why it is called Jobs Americans can't afford to do.
The rise in minimum wage, makes illegals even more desirable.
In all fairness: factoring inflation (and income tax bracket creep), minimum wage after taxes today is lower than it was ca. 1954.

As for the first part of your post: Texas needs to 'grow a pair' and impose an employer sanctions law similar to ours here in Arizona. The mere threat of an unscrupulous business being nailed tends 'encourage' them to not hire anybody questionable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 11:13 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,688 times
The government stated a couple of years ago that the price of tomatoes would increase about 3 (yes, three) cents per lb. without illegal aliens doing the picking.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:12 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,075,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
The government stated a couple of years ago that the price of tomatoes would increase about 3 (yes, three) cents per lb. without illegal aliens doing the picking.

In fact I believe produce has gone down with the recession.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:40 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,412,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
In fact I believe produce has gone down with the recession.
And you know that because?

Most of the raids are not occuring in the fields.

I still see my groceries as expensive as they have been.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:43 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,075,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
And you know that because?

Most of the raids are not occuring in the fields.

I still see my groceries as expensive as they have been.
Because I live in an area that is one of the main producers of produce.

It has gone down a bit, now if you live in areas that require shipping maybe not so much. We'll know more come this winter when the Northern states turn cold.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:10 PM

1,368 posts, read 1,628,438 times
As a result, I'm seeing a ton of illegal aliens pan-handle in the streets. They learned english really quick and can now say "Sir, can I have a dollar for a children".

Ironically, I answer in spanish and reply; "You shouldn't have children you can't support". They look dub-founded when they realize I'm onto their "We're the victims" crap-olla.

Last edited by amerifree; 08-08-2009 at 04:34 PM..

Old 08-08-2009, 04:13 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
As a result, I'm seeing a ton of illegal aliens pan-handle in the streets. They learned english really quick and can now say "Sir, can I have a dollar for a children".

Ironically, I answer in spanish and reply; "You shouldn't have children you can't support". They look dub-founded.
Where is ICE when we need 'em?

Insolent losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration