U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-11-2009, 05:49 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,095,356 times
Default Illegal immigrants face life-and-death decisions without health insurance

Quote:
Immigration activists say it is "immoral" for hospitals and doctors, as well as a nation, to deny health care to the seriously ill, no matter their legal status. But proponents of tougher Immigration enforcement -- and others fighting to contain runaway health-care costs -- fear that providing such services would only encourage more undocumented immigrants to cross the border.
Really? Giving free health care to illegal aliens would encourage more to enter illegally?

Quote:
Some undocumented patients have resorted to using stolen Social Security numbers bought on the black market to qualify for health programs -- a form of medical identity theft increasingly on hospital radars.
So they are doing the jobs that Americans won't do.

Illegal immigrants face life-and-death decisions without health insurance -- chicagotribune.com
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 08:08 PM

21,157 posts, read 25,991,605 times
Stabilize said illegals then deport them----------let Mexico, China, Ireland, etc. take care of their citizens.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:59 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,368,928 times
Give me a break!! Try sneaking in to any country in the world and get what they get here. Trains, boats and planes go both ways and they all sell "one wat" tickets!!

Old 08-11-2009, 09:08 PM

3,712 posts, read 4,060,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
[url="http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-immigration-storygallery,0,407645.storygallery"]Really? Giving free health care to illegal aliens would encourage more to enter illegally?

So they are doing the jobs that Americans won't do. :roll

Illegal immigrants face life-and-death decisions without health insurance -- chicagotribune.com
I sat down this morning with a cup of coffee, opened the paper and what sight should greet my eyes but this article.

Hispanocentric 'reporter' Antonio Oliva informs us of the tragic plight of illegal aliens who thus far have been unable to get everything that they want from the US healthcare system.

First we have 19 year old Omar Castillo who works as a street vendor.

Quote:
Castillo arrived illegally from Mexico City in 2005 and worked in construction for about six months before he began growing weak and having trouble breathing, family said. A doctor later discovered that Castillo was born with a partially developed kidney.
This was our big mistake. How is it that this illegal alien with a congenital kidney disorder became our problem? Why wasn't he returned to Mexico so he could receive the treatment that he needed there? He had only been here 6 months and he was no longer working 'doing the jobs Americans won't do', so why wasn't he deported? I would suspect that at least part of the answer is because the ethnic advocacy groups would have made such a scene over the US trying to deport this poor, sick man when all he wants is a piece of the American dream etc., etc.- crying, screaming, fainting, tearing their hair, rending their garments; that ICE would have backed off and given up on efforts to return him to Mexico.
In time his kidneys fail and he needs a transplant. He is in the US illegally and has no way to pay for it. What happens next, you might ask.

Quote:
... Castillo received his transplant and a year of free medicine only as part of a hospital study at the University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center, after a Latino activist campaign and a call from the governor's office got him included. With the study over, his last free prescription is running out, and with it, his chances for a healthy life.
Quote:
Last summer, the UIC Medical Center assumed the cost of his kidney transplant after a group of Latino activists rallied outside the hospital and persuaded former Gov. Rod Blagojevich to pressure UIC on Castillo's behalf.
Once again the 'latino activists' rear their ugly heads and bully UIC into accepting this illegal as part of their study. It does not matter that he is not supposed to be here in the first place and it does not matter that the kidney he received could have gone to an American citizen or legal resident. The only thing the latino activists care about is that they get what they want for one of their grupo.

He received 'free' (for him) anti-rejection drugs for a year as part of the study, but his year is almost up and he is running out of meds. Obviously the thing to do is call a sympathetic reporter to tell his story in the hopes that this will lead to some new way to game the system and get his meds. Now they do perform kidney transplants in Mexico and I am sure that he could receive the appropriate meds and followup care there. But why should he do that when he can stay here and leech off us?

Next up:

Quote:
.......... Liliana Cruz, 16. After she received a diagnosis of kidney failure in the Mexican state of Michoacan, her family came to the U.S. illegally in 2005 to seek help in getting a transplant after Mexican doctors said family members would have to pay cash in their own country.

But in Chicago, an operation is beyond reach, so far.

Cruz's age qualifies her to receive a transplant paid for by the state's All Kids health subsidy program, and she has a willing donor in an adult sister. But the UIC Medical Center has declined the procedure because the sister's part of the surgery would not be subsidized.

"I just want a normal life," said Cruz, during a recent round of kidney dialysis paid for by the state. "Right now, this machine is my life."

This is another one that should have been stabilized and put on the next flight out when she showed up in an ER in renal failure. She just wants a normal life.......who gave her the idea that it is the US taxpayer's job to provide her with dialysis and a kidney transplant? She can get dialysis in Mexico. She can get a kidney transplant in Mexico. She came here because she doesn't want to pay? Why should I have to pay for her care?

This article annoyed the hell out of me, but in all honesty I am glad he wrote it. Maybe it will open a few American's eyes.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:38 PM

47,586 posts, read 34,426,613 times
Illegals send an average of $400 a month out of the country in remittances. Maybe instead of expecting everything completely free, they start paying for the things they want here.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:34 AM

15,488 posts, read 13,442,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I sat down this morning with a cup of coffee, opened the paper and what sight should greet my eyes but this article.

Hispanocentric 'reporter' Antonio Oliva informs us of the tragic plight of illegal aliens who thus far have been unable to get everything that they want from the US healthcare system.

This was our big mistake. How is it that this illegal alien with a congenital kidney disorder became our problem? Why wasn't he returned to Mexico so he could receive the treatment that he needed there? He had only been here 6 months and he was no longer working 'doing the jobs Americans won't do', so why wasn't he deported? I would suspect that at least part of the answer is because the ethnic advocacy groups would have made such a scene over the US trying to deport this poor, sick man when all he wants is a piece of the American dream etc., etc.- crying, screaming, fainting, tearing their hair, rending their garments; that ICE would have backed off and given up on efforts to return him to Mexico.
In time his kidneys fail and he needs a transplant. He is in the US illegally and has no way to pay for it. What happens next, you might ask.

Once again the 'latino activists' rear their ugly heads and bully UIC into accepting this illegal as part of their study. It does not matter that he is not supposed to be here in the first place and it does not matter that the kidney he received could have gone to an American citizen or legal resident. The only thing the latino activists care about is that they get what they want for one of their grupo.

He received 'free' (for him) anti-rejection drugs for a year as part of the study, but his year is almost up and he is running out of meds. Obviously the thing to do is call a sympathetic reporter to tell his story in the hopes that this will lead to some new way to game the system and get his meds. Now they do perform kidney transplants in Mexico and I am sure that he could receive the appropriate meds and followup care there. But why should he do that when he can stay here and leech off us?

Next up:

This is another one that should have been stabilized and put on the next flight out when she showed up in an ER in renal failure. She just wants a normal life.......who gave her the idea that it is the US taxpayer's job to provide her with dialysis and a kidney transplant? She can get dialysis in Mexico. She can get a kidney transplant in Mexico. She came here because she doesn't want to pay? Why should I have to pay for her care?

This article annoyed the hell out of me, but in all honesty I am glad he wrote it. Maybe it will open a few American's eyes.

Absolutely outrageous. Here you have illegals admitting they came to the US specifically for free healthcare when we have tens of millions of Americans/legal residents who do not have access to proper healthcare, or people who put off going to see a doctor solely for financial reasons.

These illegal leeches need to be deported immediately.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:54 AM

17,250 posts, read 13,397,142 times
We should have taken that 2 million and change in oil stolen from Pemex and used that as a tax for all the free care we give Mexican Illegals.

Hardly a drop in a bucket though.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 PM

15,181 posts, read 9,954,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

Next up:

I also hope these entitlement sob stories continue to be publicized. More citizens of this country need to realize how we are being abused by these parasites. Illegal aliens are receiving medical treatment citizens of this country are denied, and it really boils my blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration