U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:22 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Even the biggest anti-immigrant group(CIS) out there believes there are 12 million illegal immigrants in the country.

Illegal population shrinking - Washington Times

Where are you getting your 20 million plus number from? Or are you operating in your omniscience once again?
I didn’t realize CIS is anti-immigrant. Would you care to share evidence, other than your usual “John Tanton” diatribe?

Does anyone really know the exact number of illegal aliens in this country? If our government (based on census) is estimating there are 12 million, you can bet the actual number is at least double. Heck, there must be at least 12 million illegals in California alone.

Why would our government even want us to know the true magnitude of the invasion they have facilitated? Furthermore, I really don’t care if it’s 12 or 40 million -- they don’t belong here, and I want them ALL to leave before they completely destroy this country.

Can I expect the word “omniscience” to appear in every post from you? Your creativity is boundless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 03:18 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I am just pointing out your hypocrisy on this thread that's all. I still don't get why you find it okay for the OP to ask "pro-illegals" if they have actually lost jobs to illegals, but it's not okay for the same to be asked of the other side.
Actually, I now see what you're alluding to. Quite honestly, I THINK I misread the OP...and THOUGHT I was responding to a 'challenge' to anti-illegals...That the OP was saying that "you have no business being 'anti-illegal' unless you yourself have lost your job', etc. My response (Post #2, this thread), was written in that belief....

I either mis-read the OP....OR....I'm not 100% convinced that the original post wasn't 'edited' after it was posted. You'll notice that MY post was made only 8 minutes after the OP.

I realize this doesn't make us "forum buddies"...but in the spirit of honesty and candor, that's what happened..I thought I was rebutting a 'dig' at those opposed to illegal immigration...Instead, either due to my own oversight OR 'editing', it turns out I was answering a 'dig' aimed at pro-illegals.

Hope this clears things up....and do feel free to continue to disagree with me, and I, in turn, promise to read things a little more carefully before responding.

MY MISTAKE... (at least, I'll take responsibility for it, until proven otherwise).

Old 08-17-2009, 03:19 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I didn’t realize CIS is anti-immigrant. Would you care to share evidence, other than your usual “John Tanton” diatribe?

Does anyone really know the exact number of illegal aliens in this country? If our government (based on census) is estimating there are 12 million, you can bet the actual number is at least double. Heck, there must be at least 12 million illegals in California alone.

Why would our government even want us to know the true magnitude of the invasion they have facilitated? Furthermore, I really don’t care if it’s 12 or 40 million -- they don’t belong here, and I want them ALL to leave before they completely destroy this country.

Can I expect the word “omniscience” to appear in every post from you? Your creativity is boundless.
As long as you keep exhibiting that attribute in your posts....yes.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:

I've learned to live with your omniscience....it's your effervescence that I find so disconcerting...that, PLUS your efficaciousness.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:53 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,078,866 times
Quote:

It showcases the book by Mark Krikorian "The New Case Against Immigration" (both legal and illegal). It also dubs itself a low immigration think tank (seeking fewer immigrants entering into the United States). More the hallmarks of anti-immigration.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:54 PM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
The decline of the middle class can be attributed to several factors -- automation and outsourcing are only two. Illegal immigration, albeit not exclusively responsible for our problems, certainly cannot be ignored as being a major factor; whether you choose to agree or not.
This is very true. Illegals have made careers out of many jobs HS kids did for spending cash.

I can't wait for E-verify to open up a million fast food jobs for kids again.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
The decline of the middle class can be attributed to several factors -- automation and outsourcing are only two. Illegal immigration, albeit not exclusively responsible for our problems, certainly cannot be ignored as being a major factor; whether you choose to agree or not.
No, actually. If anything illegal immigration may have decreased the wages of lowest tier of the socio-economic spectrum. Yet, that is debatable since many areas (E. LA, Compton, Watts, etc.) have more jobs available now servicing the influx of immigrants.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:01 PM

Illegal immigration is starting to sound SO good for our society, SO beneficial on all counts, SO completely lacking in any negative effects, and SUCH a win-win situation for everyone concerned, that I propose we QUADRUPLE it....at some point, we'll all become WEALTHY...and each 'wave' of illegals will find full employment attending to the needs of the PREVIOUS wave.

Problem solved....case closed...let's party !!.

Grumpy old xenophobic fuddy-duddies, EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT !!....Who needs you, ANYWAY?..

Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Illegal immigration is starting to sound SO good for our society, SO beneficial on all counts, SO completely lacking in any negative effects, and SUCH a win-win situation for everyone concerned, that I propose we QUADRUPLE it....at some point, we'll all become WEALTHY...and each 'wave' of illegals will find full employment attending to the needs of the PREVIOUS wave.

Problem solved....case closed...let's party !!.

Grumpy old xenophobic fuddy-duddies, EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT !!....Who needs you, ANYWAY?..
I was waiting for the sarcasm...It's funny how when I just posted the possbility of negative effects (which is still debatable, but less so...since illegal immigrants now occupy the same space as the urban poor in many areas), that you go on to make it as if I claim that illegal immigration is a good thing. It's neither a good or bad thing. Does that concept of relativity go over your head? Do you not understand that sometimes things don't neatly fit into nice little categories? That people can't be compared to viruses and bacteria?

Old 08-17-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I was waiting for the sarcasm...It's funny how when I just posted the possbility of negative effects (which is still debatable, but less so...since illegal immigrants now occupy the same space as the urban poor in many areas), that you go on to make it as if I claim that illegal immigration is a good thing. It's neither a good or bad thing. Does that concept of relativity go over your head? Do you not understand that sometimes things don't neatly fit into nice little categories? That people can't be compared to viruses and bacteria?
Sarcasm is one way of continuing a conversation in which reason, common sense, and intelligent discourse have broken down, and are not likely to return. Once common sense is abandoned, the choice is either humor, sarcasm, or total silence.

Obviously, in your eyes, I picked the wrong way to respond. Didn't mean to annoy you.

You have your 'reality'..I have mine. Let's leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or