U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: do you support the mexica movement?
yes 2 4.65%
no 41 95.35%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2009, 12:55 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,066,563 times
Reputation: 2244

Advertisements

it IS a fringe gorup. most latinos or mexicans you ask would say they never heard of this group.

and they do not represent the larger "la raza" group whoever that is.

yall still dont understand the meaning of the phrase.

its la raza cosmica. the fusion of indigenous, euro and african.

and NO, i do not support those idiots and their garbage ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Most people don't KNOW Mexicans unless they actually travelled and spent some time in Mexico. We know a subgroup of people who believe that they are not expected to abide by and respect the laws of this country but also are not willing to work for or improve their own country.

It's more than a fringe group, this is what the big "La Raza" group is all about. Some kind of racial identity because their ancestors trace back to some tribe in Mexico.

Last edited by the one; 08-13-2009 at 01:23 PM..

 
Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 PM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,408,714 times
Reputation: 475
That is correct, most Mexicans do not even know the existance of this groupe.
I would never support this group.
 
Old 08-13-2009, 09:34 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
it IS a fringe gorup. most latinos or mexicans you ask would say they never heard of this group.

and they do not represent the larger "la raza" group whoever that is.

yall still dont understand the meaning of the phrase.

its la raza cosmica. the fusion of indigenous, euro and african.

and NO, i do not support those idiots and their garbage ideas.
La Raza is not about Africans, or Europeans, it is not a fusion of different race groups. La Raza could not care less when Haitian boat people are rounded up and deported. In fact La Raza would be adamently opposed to a "fair and balanced" kind of immigration that would replace the extremely tilted kind of immigration that currently exists.

By far most legal immigrants but also illegals come from Mexico and Central American and no way would La Raza want equality with Africans and Europeans, Asians on immigration.

They want unlimited immigration of those of their "race" but would not want their "raza" having to compete with Africans, Europeans and others - not for immigration slots, not for jobs either.
 
Old 08-14-2009, 07:15 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
La Raza is not about Africans, or Europeans, it is not a fusion of different race groups. La Raza could not care less when Haitian boat people are rounded up and deported. In fact La Raza would be adamently opposed to a "fair and balanced" kind of immigration that would replace the extremely tilted kind of immigration that currently exists.

By far most legal immigrants but also illegals come from Mexico and Central American and no way would La Raza want equality with Africans and Europeans, Asians on immigration.

They want unlimited immigration of those of their "race" but would not want their "raza" having to compete with Africans, Europeans and others - not for immigration slots, not for jobs either.
Correct: and la raza would hate to have to compete with East Indians either---------never mind that quite a few ('Anglo Indians') have Hispanic surnames and some even look like stereotypical Chicanos.
 
Old 08-14-2009, 08:49 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Correct: and la raza would hate to have to compete with East Indians either---------never mind that quite a few ('Anglo Indians') have Hispanic surnames and some even look like stereotypical Chicanos.
Actually, no that's not true...

La Raza CĂłsmica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Essentially, this is different from La Raza, but La Raza took it from La Raza Cosmica (the cosmic race).
 
Old 08-14-2009, 01:02 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,066,563 times
Reputation: 2244
see thats the problem with you people. WHAT IS LA RAZA!!!

is it the Raza Unida Party? the NCLR? LA Raza a people? Clinica Medica La Raza??

who are you talking about?
yall need to learn to use your words. who is this "la raza" yall speak of?
whoever it is, im sure they distance themselves from the mexicas...
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
La Raza is not about Africans, or Europeans, it is not a fusion of different race groups. La Raza could not care less when Haitian boat people are rounded up and deported. In fact La Raza would be adamently opposed to a "fair and balanced" kind of immigration that would replace the extremely tilted kind of immigration that currently exists.

By far most legal immigrants but also illegals come from Mexico and Central American and no way would La Raza want equality with Africans and Europeans, Asians on immigration.

They want unlimited immigration of those of their "race" but would not want their "raza" having to compete with Africans, Europeans and others - not for immigration slots, not for jobs either.
 
Old 08-14-2009, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
see thats the problem with you people. WHAT IS LA RAZA!!!

is it the Raza Unida Party? the NCLR? LA Raza a people? Clinica Medica La Raza??

who are you talking about?
yall need to learn to use your words. who is this "la raza" yall speak of?
whoever it is, im sure they distance themselves from the mexicas...
You people? Where have I heard that before? Hmmm. . . .

Is it our fault that so many ethnocentric Hispanic groups choose to self-identify as “La Raza?” C’mon, how do you expect us to keep up with all of them?

NCLR, one of the La Raza groups, does in fact embrace the Mexican illegal aliens. As a matter of fact, they exploit and profit from them. NCLR is one of the largest advocates for Mexican illegal aliens in this country. Let’s not play games.

I do not believe the 'Mexicas' are an unwelcome group of radicals. Are you aware of any backlash from any of the “good” La Raza groups?
 
Old 08-14-2009, 01:55 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You people? Where have I heard that before? Hmmm. . . .

Is it our fault that so many ethnocentric Hispanic groups choose to self-identify as “La Raza?” C’mon, how do you expect us to keep up with all of them?

NCLR, one of the La Raza groups, does in fact embrace the Mexican illegal aliens. As a matter of fact, they exploit and profit from them. NCLR is one of the largest advocates for Mexican illegal aliens in this country. Let’s not play games.

I do not believe the 'Mexicas' are an unwelcome group of radicals. Are you aware of any backlash from any of the “good” La Raza groups?
A (somewhat) more severe analog would be the KKK: despite many groups of (usually) White supremacists expousing Klan ideas--------it is not a monolithic group either.
 
Old 08-14-2009, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Cody, WY
9,184 posts, read 10,125,866 times
Reputation: 18263
When a limb becomes gangenous, it must be amputated. When part of a country adopts an alien culture, it's only common sense to do the same. Let Aztlan go away and become a third world country. Only then, can America once again be American.

As a side benefit, there'll be a few millon Obama supporters gone.
 
Old 08-14-2009, 02:52 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,066,563 times
Reputation: 2244
ok, you ANTI's, is that better?

and yes most respectable groups like NCLR do distance themselves from these people. the same way the NAACP distances itself from certain FRINGE groups. thats not hard to comprehend.

but its not even a fault what people choose to self identify as. thats none of my concern. but it would be a fault of yours if you erroneously grouped all these organizations together under a term like La Raza. particularly given the fact that you know better.
continuing to lump them all together, as if they were a monolith, just makes it look like if you guys have problems with hispanics, which i know you dont. find the bums and focus on the bums. stop with this "La Raza" madness.
if you want to talk about the NCLR, then do so. otherwise your arguing to lump all groups with the word "black" together as well. black fraternities, black gangs, black medical associations etc etc. thats what is done when you lump all groups who use La Raza together. would it make sense for me to lump all groups who use "black" in their title, together? absolutley not.

come-pren-day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You people? Where have I heard that before? Hmmm. . . .

Is it our fault that so many ethnocentric Hispanic groups choose to self-identify as “La Raza?” C’mon, how do you expect us to keep up with all of them?

NCLR, one of the La Raza groups, does in fact embrace the Mexican illegal aliens. As a matter of fact, they exploit and profit from them. NCLR is one of the largest advocates for Mexican illegal aliens in this country. Let’s not play games.

I do not believe the 'Mexicas' are an unwelcome group of radicals. Are you aware of any backlash from any of the “good” La Raza groups?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top