U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do you support the mexica movement?
yes 2 4.65%
no 41 95.35%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:54 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times

Advertisements

Wow! aztlan is a part of this country now?

yall really know alot about these mexicas and aztlan people huh?

please tell me where aztlan is. i might want to visit to eat some aztlan cuisine, or hear some aztlan music...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
When a limb becomes gangenous, it must be amputated. When part of a country adopts an alien culture, it's only common sense to do the same. Let Aztlan go away and become a third world country. Only then, can America once again be American.

As a side benefit, there'll be a few millon Obama supporters gone.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:56 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
the issue is defying immigration law and moving here not skin tone.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:17 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ok, you ANTI's, is that better?

and yes most respectable groups like NCLR do distance themselves from these people. the same way the NAACP distances itself from certain FRINGE groups. thats not hard to comprehend.

but its not even a fault what people choose to self identify as. thats none of my concern. but it would be a fault of yours if you erroneously grouped all these organizations together under a term like La Raza. particularly given the fact that you know better.
continuing to lump them all together, as if they were a monolith, just makes it look like if you guys have problems with hispanics, which i know you dont. find the bums and focus on the bums. stop with this "La Raza" madness.
if you want to talk about the NCLR, then do so. otherwise your arguing to lump all groups with the word "black" together as well. black fraternities, black gangs, black medical associations etc etc. thats what is done when you lump all groups who use La Raza together. would it make sense for me to lump all groups who use "black" in their title, together? absolutley not.

come-pren-day?
Perhaps the NCLR should stop identifying itself as "La Raza" to avoid being associated with radical fringe groups. To my knowledge, there is only one NAACP; so there really is no reason for anyone to confuse them with the New Black Panthers or any other ‘black’ group.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:23 PM

no, they should not have to change the way they identify, no more than the Org of Black airline pilots or the black culinarians alliance should change their name or how they identify because of the black hebrew israelites or the black P stones.

we are smart enough to differentiate between these groups. to lump them together is silly. that cant be too hard to understand. c'mon now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps the NCLR should stop identifying itself as "La Raza" to avoid being associated with radical fringe groups. To my knowledge, there is only one NAACP; so there really is no reason for anyone to confuse them with the New Black Panthers or any other ‘black’ group.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
no, they should not have to change the way they identify, no more than the Org of Black airline pilots or the black culinarians alliance should change their name or how they identify because of the black hebrew israelites or the black P stones.

we are smart enough to differentiate between these groups. to lump them together is silly. that cant be too hard to understand. c'mon now.
C’mon, The One -- “Black” simply denotes African ancestry. No one will confuse Black Accountants, Black Engineers, Black Airline Pilots with the Black Panthers. Are you suggesting “La Raza” is synonymous with “Hispanic?” If so, why don’t all Hispanic organizations have “La Raza” in their name rather than Hispanic? Why isn’t it the Congressional La Raza Caucus, rather than the Congressional Hispanic Caucus?

You can’t seriously be comparing “Black” with “La Raza.”

Old 08-14-2009, 03:45 PM

yes i am, in the sense of its larger umbrella meaning. different groups use black ,the same way different groups use la raza. and hispanic is to la raza, as colored is to negro is to black or any other term that an organization chooses to use. they should not carry any negative connotation.
thats the problem. but most people do consider "la raza" like any other term. its the anti's that give "la raza" a negative connotation.

and honestly, even i know that there are people who do see any group that uses a racial/ethnic indicator in their name as racist, bigotted and seperatist. there first question is "why does it have to be BLACK aviators? and they will lump them all together. people are STILL that ignorant.
dont worry it blows my mind also.

Quote:
C’mon, The One -- “Black” simply denotes African ancestry. No one will confuse Black Accountants, Black Engineers, Black Airline Pilots with the Black Panthers. Are you suggesting “La Raza” is synonymous with “Hispanic?” If so, why don’t all Hispanic organizations have “La Raza” in their name rather than Hispanic? Why isn’t it the Congressional La Raza Caucus, rather than the Congressional Hispanic Caucus?

You can’t seriously be comparing “Black” with “La Raza.”

Old 08-14-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
yes i am, in the sense of its larger umbrella meaning. different groups use black ,the same way different groups use la raza. and hispanic is to la raza, as colored is to negro is to black or any other term that an organization chooses to use. they should not carry any negative connotation.
thats the problem. but most people do consider "la raza" like any other term. its the anti's that give "la raza" a negative connotation.

and honestly, even i know that there are people who do see any group that uses a racial/ethnic indicator in their name as racist, bigotted and seperatist. there first question is "why does it have to be BLACK aviators? and they will lump them all together. people are STILL that ignorant.
dont worry it blows my mind also.
Since you are a member of La Raza and I am not, I will defer to your definition. However, although the NAACP has retained “Colored” in their name, it is not a term I embrace.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 PM

i have dual member ship . im colored raza. call me negro-panic(ok thats what another mixed latino/black friends calls themselves, along with blakxican.). i think having this dual lens makes understanding difference easier.i see the way folks talk about blacks, and i see the way they talk about hispanics. a lot of misinformation. this board (not the immig one specifically) is steeped in nasty prejudices. just the other day someone posted a pic of obama with the initial HNIC, head n****r in charge. its awful.

Quote:
Since you are a member of La Raza and I am not, I will defer to your definition. However, although the NAACP has retained “Colored” in their name, it is not a term I embrace.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:09 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
i have dual member ship . im colored raza. call me negro-panic(ok thats what another mixed latino/black friends calls themselves, along with blakxican.). i think having this dual lens makes understanding difference easier.i see the way folks talk about blacks, and i see the way they talk about hispanics. a lot of misinformation. this board (not the immig one specifically) is steeped in nasty prejudices. just the other day someone posted a pic of obama with the initial HNIC, head n****r in charge. its awful.
All good points there.

Yet a Black Dominican would count as full Hispanic--------even if of obvious Sub Saharan Negro/Black heritage.

Flip side: an Argentine of 100% Nordic White Scandinavian lineage would be just as 'Hispanic' as the above Black Dominican----------or, Mestizo Mexican.

Yeppers: 'Hispanic/Latino' are political labels only since there is no Hispanic race----------despite la raza's claims to the contrary.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:26 PM

thank you. i cant help but smile and chuckle abit. i think you should be AZ OX. its took me a while to get you. but i guess its our nature to always share the info we have. your forte being racial/ ethnic classification amongst hispanics.

its grown on me. sometimes it grates. but you are always right when it comes to the variation among latino/hispanic/iberians. whatabout spanish speaking peoples? is that a better term? spanish speakers and their descendants?

hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
All good points there.

Yet a Black Dominican would count as full Hispanic--------even if of obvious Sub Saharan Negro/Black heritage.

Flip side: an Argentine of 100% Nordic White Scandinavian lineage would be just as 'Hispanic' as the above Black Dominican----------or, Mestizo Mexican.

Yeppers: 'Hispanic/Latino' are political labels only since there is no Hispanic race----------despite la raza's claims to the contrary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration