U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do you support the mexica movement?
yes 2 4.65%
no 41 95.35%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 10:40 PM

111 posts, read 112,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Which is not likely to occur. If anything: Mexico may wind up collapsing due to the drug wars and we may wind up with even more territory (at the request of local Mexicans who are disgusted with Mexico City's inability to control the drug gangs. Google Juarez and blue helmets for more)
To be fair, Mexico is slowly winning the war on drugs. They've taken the right steps to decriminalize small amounts of drugs. And besides, most of the drug violence is happening in the Northern states, especially Sinaloa.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:59 PM

4,803 posts, read 3,139,248 times
Quote:
Which is not likely to occur. If anything: Mexico may wind up collapsing due to the drug wars and we may wind up with even more territory (at the request of local Mexicans who are disgusted with Mexico City's inability to control the drug gangs. Google Juarez and blue helmets for more)
Thank you. Sounds like it will be interesting. Appreciate the info!

Old 05-05-2010, 04:03 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,431,139 times
Quote:
If the end result is 57 states that would be pure comedy.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:47 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,139,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
If the end result is 57 states that would be pure comedy.
It sure would be an eyebrow raising day....

Old 06-04-2013, 12:40 AM

3,718 posts, read 4,597,843 times
They seem like a fringe of a fringe group of so-called activists. I fail to see the difference between these people and the KKK, the National Alliance, stormfront.org, etc. This so-called group has nothing to do with native Americans, and doesn't represent them in a professional, mature manner. Yes, Native Americans were treated horribly but the people in this so-called movement are going about it the wrong way. Racism is racism, no matter what skin color and ethnicity you are.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:36 AM

7,497 posts, read 9,286,912 times
No.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:17 AM

17,283 posts, read 24,978,142 times
The Mexica movement is universally opposed by everyone except a subset of Mexicans. Other Hispanics aren't and don't support that bullcrap.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:23 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,997,023 times
Best I can recollect, it's a group which advocates non-violence. That it seeks to educate people to it's viewpoint is no different than the RWNJ groups which act in a similar fashion. If I were Hispanic living in this Hemisphere I might believe as supporters of this group do ... and I think historical accuracy is on their side more than it is on the side of the conquerers of the indigenous. I don't feel threatened by their educational campaigns. But, I understand why someone - a "white person" - who has an issue with race and minorities would. Is there a connection to the focus of this forum, "Illegal Immigration"?

Old 06-04-2013, 11:26 AM

31,653 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Best I can recollect, it's a group which advocates non-violence. That it seeks to educate people to it's viewpoint is no different than the RWNJ groups which act in a similar fashion. If I were Hispanic living in this Hemisphere I might believe as supporters of this group do ... and I think historical accuracy is on their side more than it is on the side of the conquerers of the indigenous. I don't feel threatened by their educational campaigns. But, I understand why someone - a "white person" - who has an issue with race and minorities would. Is there a connection to the focus of this forum, "Illegal Immigration"?
Is the right wing seeking to takeover a certain part of our country by taking land for themselves that rightfully belongs to all Americans? There is no comparison to a disgruntled ethnic group that lives in the past and thinks a certain part of our country belongs to them and them alone. They seek to set up a separate government for themselves within our borders even if it is in a non-violent manner. Are right wing Americans doing that? The indigenous tribes of the Mexicans were conquered by the Spanish. What has that to do with us or this country?

These people have no claim on U.S. land based on the past. What part of that aren't you getting? Do you constantly have to make racist comments about whites and the right? Most white Americans today do not have an issue with race and it has nothing to do with illegal immigration anyway.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:16 PM

6,936 posts, read 6,997,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is no comparison to a disgruntled ethnic group that lives in the past and thinks a certain part of our country belongs to them and them alone.
Sounds as if you're describing the RWNJs, including the 'big government' Tea Party folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Do you constantly have to make racist comments about whites and the right? Most white Americans today do not have an issue with race and it has nothing to do with illegal immigration anyway.
1. This discussion is wrongly placed in a forum which discusses illegal immigration. I'm surprised you don't recognize that.

2. The OP and the linked material in the OP drew attention to the race issue. So, making reference to race seems appropriate to me. I understand why you're upset, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration