U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 08:15 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,088,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Apparently, it's up to you to 'prove' these things....names, ages, addresses, etc. Otherwise, no problem is occurring. And if you eventually PROVE that these 'bad' things are happening, and if you can PROVE it's because illegals are here..then the answer to that is to "let them stay", anyway.

Either way, THEY stay, and YOU lose (although you're REALLY not losing...because illegal immigration benefits ALL of us..even if we THINK it doesn't).

Might as well give it up, at this point. There's no way to win this argument.
Oh no...the illegals are going to ruin us all!!!! Run!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 06:30 PM

32,953 posts, read 30,201,927 times
Quote:
Apparently, it's up to you to 'prove' these things....names, ages, addresses, etc. Otherwise, no problem is occurring. And if you eventually PROVE that these 'bad' things are happening, and if you can PROVE it's because illegals are here..then the answer to that is to "let them stay", anyway.

Either way, THEY stay, and YOU lose (although you're REALLY not losing...because illegal immigration benefits ALL of us..even if we THINK it doesn't).

Might as well give it up, at this point. There's no way to win this argument.
It's like the old adage about a duck. There will always be some that insist, "You can't be certain it's a duck".

It's pretty boring semantics and is rather insulting to think Americans are all that stupid. They are not.

How do you know he is here illegally? Because he told me he was.

But but but,,,,, he didn't show you 3 types of ID. Pallleeeezzzeee.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:33 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,640,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's like the old adage about a duck. There will always be some that insist, "You can't be certain it's a duck".

It's pretty boring semantics and is rather insulting to think Americans are all that stupid. They are not.

How do you know he is here illegally? Because he told me he was.

But but but,,,,, he didn't show you 3 types of ID. Pallleeeezzzeee.
Americans might not know everything about a duck....but most of us know when we've been goosed !....

(Sorry for the bad joke...just put it on my bill...)

Old 08-19-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Americans might not know everything about a duck....but most of us know when we've been goosed !....

(Sorry for the bad joke...just put it on my bill...)

bada boom

I do wish the only place I had to interact with Illegals was the Home Dump parking lot but unfortunately I get to deal with them at my kid's schools too.

Don't even get me started about the ER and govt funded health carp.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:58 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,931,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Oh no...the illegals are going to ruin us all!!!! Run!!!!
Here is a link to what you speak:
The Dark Side Of Illegal Immigration: Facts, Figures and Data Show A Disturbing Truth
I know you will dispute the sourse as biased and perhaps it is. However the facts they present are facts none the less....

Old 08-19-2009, 09:16 PM

4,480 posts, read 3,987,453 times
I wish they could deport people based on stupidity - she'd be the first to go.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:54 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,690,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I wish they could deport people based on stupidity - she'd be the first to go.
Janet Murguia of la raza fame perhaps?

Old 08-20-2009, 02:21 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,088,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Here is a link to what you speak:
The Dark Side Of Illegal Immigration: Facts, Figures and Data Show A Disturbing Truth
I know you will dispute the sourse as biased and perhaps it is. However the facts they present are facts none the less....
It was a funny read...A good satarical approach to the immigration debate.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:59 AM

2,178 posts, read 4,723,588 times
we have a problem that any other country with deep pockets has. australia has a hard time & legal immigration is very tough there.

if we had the same standards that, let's say, MEXICO has, there would be even LESS legal immigration. do you have any idea how hard it is to legally immigrate there?

my spelling/vocabulary is less than perfect. maybe the correct word is... emigrate.

i think we should have very simple RECIPROCAL immigration laws. whatever the immigrating person's country offers shoud be the same that we can reciprocate. does that sound fair?

i have lost opportunities to work to people who don't speak english. i couldn't get a job washing dishes in LA county in 1998 because i couldn't speak spanish. i really just wanted a low pressure part time day job to make a little money while my daughter was in elementary school.

you may scoff, but it's a true story. there were many FILE clerk jobs i couldn't qualify for because i'm not bilingual. more & more jobs disqualify us because of not having spanish as a second language. so, maybe it's not stealing but it stings.

Last edited by sarahkate_m; 08-20-2009 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: delete/replace words out of place

Old 08-20-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
we have a problem that any other country with deep pockets has. australia has a hard time & legal immigration is very tough there.

if we had the same standards that, let's say, MEXICO has, there would be even LESS legal immigration. do you have any idea how hard it is to legally immigrate there?

my spelling/vocabulary is less than perfect. maybe the correct word is... emigrate.

i think we should have very simple RECIPROCAL immigration laws. whatever the immigrating person's country offers shoud be the same that we can reciprocate. does that sound fair?

i have lost opportunities to work to people who don't speak english. i couldn't get a job washing dishes in LA county in 1998 because i couldn't speak spanish. i really just wanted a low pressure part time day job to make a little money while my daughter was in elementary school.

you may scoff, but it's a true story. there were many FILE clerk jobs i couldn't qualify for because i'm not bilingual. more & more jobs disqualify us because of not having spanish as a second language. so, maybe it's not stealing but it stings.
If the person that got the job is here illegally, then yes, it is stealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or