Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 01:27 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,851,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"General contractors hire subcontractors who hire a bunch of day laborers and work on fairly visible construction sites like Outback," he said. "When someone gets hurt, they disappear. They write bad checks, they disappear."

Few day laborers take claims to civil court, Valverde said. Language barriers and the complicated legal process intimidate them.
Pay scams for day laborers increase during tight economy | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Stupid illegals.

Wish them more hardships in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 01:56 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,730 times
You know what they say about karma.

I dont wish anyone anything bad at all. I see this as a social issue that needs to be addressed. In the end, whatever happens, happens but I will never wish any wrong to anyone. They are human just as you and me.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:58 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
day laborer is a code word for illegals yes?
rip off of illegals is common. americans have no problem with slavery as long as its not them.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:54 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post

I dont wish anyone anything bad at all. I see this as a social issue that needs to be addressed. In the end, whatever happens, happens but I will never wish any wrong to anyone. They are human just as you and me.
In that regard: it would not bother me one iota to see the USA government confiscate the earnings from all illegal aliens AKA criminals. Drug dealers, etc. lose their assets-------------why not illegals?

Old 08-18-2009, 08:11 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:

Perhaps said "Karma" is titfortat for sneaking across the border? How far back do you want said "Karma" to go? Or does it only start after they have come across in violation of our laws?

This isn't Burger King, either all laws apply or none of them.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:25 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:

Yes, I believe karma is applicable. Illegal aliens exist in this country based on lying, cheating, and stealing. Likewise, they can expect the same in return. Remember, there is no honor among thieves.

When did the violation of our laws become mere “social issues?” However, I do agree that this invasion needs to be addressed pronto.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
This is why it's wrong to bring in or allow in millions of unskilled who cannot get steady work. This is the obvious result of open borders and complete lack of enforcement of existing immigration laws.

Immigration must be just, orderly, and fair. Employers must sponsor immigrants (end the family chain migration), provide them with a job that pays legal wages and benefits, make sure the employers will provide health insurance and decent working conditions.

Yes it's wrong for people to be ripped off and exploited, but what can we do? They still prefer that than to living in their own country, trying to improve it and themselves. It's time to end this nonsense.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:11 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
more misguided nastiness.

again, these unethical employers line their pockets at the expense of workers, and you dont see a problem with it.

very misguided and superficial.
i dont wish any hardships on anyone. who does that? too much negativity to foster. go meditate or something.

i just hope that these experiences serve as deterrants to day laborers (of which a large percentage are illegal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post

Old 08-18-2009, 12:48 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In that regard: it would not bother me one iota to see the USA government confiscate the earnings from all illegal aliens AKA criminals. Drug dealers, etc. lose their assets-------------why not illegals?
Actually, it HAS happened!

There was a case in FL of an illegal alien who spent 11 years here working as a dishwasher. He decided to return home with $59,000 in cash that he had saved throughout the years. It was taken away from him at the airport:

Mistake costs dishwasher $59,000 - CNN.com

Old 08-18-2009, 12:51 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This is why it's wrong to bring in or allow in millions of unskilled who cannot get steady work. This is the obvious result of open borders and complete lack of enforcement of existing immigration laws.

Immigration must be just, orderly, and fair. Employers must sponsor immigrants (end the family chain migration), provide them with a job that pays legal wages and benefits, make sure the employers will provide health insurance and decent working conditions.

Yes it's wrong for people to be ripped off and exploited, but what can we do? They still prefer that than to living in their own country, trying to improve it and themselves. It's time to end this nonsense.
True, I certainly don't think the crooked employer deserves to not pay them, but they put themselves in this place by being here illegally.

Actually, if we had more enforcement against crooked employers in general, perhaps the illegal alien flow would decrease and less of them would be ripped off and not paid their wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration