U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 11:07 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,796,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You still can’t discount “why” some may believe we “must” legalize illegal aliens. As I previously stated, many, including many police departments, have been told that we simply cannot secure our borders unless we legalize illegal aliens; which is pure BS. Many are so desperate to resolve this issue they are willing to agree to anything.
Once again, how do you know this? Do you work in all these police departments that support a CIR approach or is your omniscience at work again here? Or is it so hard for you to comprehend that others might see a different solution to this problem?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 12:35 PM

1,220 posts, read 3,302,415 times
Now, Now, we are not on a Fox News panel.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:59 PM

1,150 posts, read 992,108 times
<<The questions were very clear. The word ISSUE was not part of the question or questions. The questions were not directed at minors. This website is generally for people interested in politics and the language targets adults. I had no problem understanding the questions.>>

I have disagreed with you on many things, but I've never tried to put you down, or belittle you. I would appreciate the same curtesy in return.

Incidentally, you'll notice they didn't ask if illegal aliens SHOULD be legalized, just 'how important is it.' That could go to the ISSUE of legalization.

Here is the poll for those who'd like to see the actual numbers.
[CENTER]

National Survey of 1,000 Likely Voters
Conducted April 11-12, 2009
By Rasmussen Reports[/CENTER]
1* How important is it for the government to improve its enforcement of the borders and reduce illegal immigration?
66% Very important
21% Somewhat important
9% Not very important
2% Not at all important
1% Not sure
2* Okay… how important is it for the government to legalize the status of illegal aliens already in the United States?
23% Very important
25% Somewhat important
22% Not very important
23% Not at all important
7% Not sure
3* Should undocumented immigrants be allowed to get drivers’ licenses?
15% Yes
77% No
8% Not sure
4* Is it possible to end illegal immigration?
45% Yes
41% No
14% Not sure
NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence

Old 08-17-2009, 05:46 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,708,686 times
I don't remember anyone asking me or anyone I know. hhmmmm poll huh? yea.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:06 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,628,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Once again, how do you know this? Do you work in all these police departments that support a CIR approach or is your omniscience at work again here? Or is it so hard for you to comprehend that others might see a different solution to this problem?
I don't work in "all these police departments"...but over the years, I've worked in about half of them. I'm also pretty 'omniscient' in my own right....along with being pertinacious, confutative, and part of the bourgeosie...and stuff like that.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:09 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,628,336 times
Quote:
Really? If you “all” understand the difference between legal and illegal, why do you and other pro-illegals continue to state anti-immigrant rather than anti-illegal?
It's not that hard to understand...just like in 'rough' neighborhoods, where retail stores and malls hire security guards, because the management is "anti-customer"....

Old 08-17-2009, 08:55 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,828,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<The questions were very clear. The word ISSUE was not part of the question or questions. The questions were not directed at minors. This website is generally for people interested in politics and the language targets adults. I had no problem understanding the questions.>>

I have disagreed with you on many things, but I've never tried to put you down, or belittle you. I would appreciate the same curtesy in return.

Incidentally, you'll notice they didn't ask if illegal aliens SHOULD be legalized, just 'how important is it.' That could go to the ISSUE of legalization.

Here is the poll for those who'd like to see the actual numbers.
[CENTER]

National Survey of 1,000 Likely Voters
Conducted April 11-12, 2009
By Rasmussen Reports[/CENTER]
1* How important is it for the government to improve its enforcement of the borders and reduce illegal immigration?
66% Very important
21% Somewhat important
9% Not very important
2% Not at all important
1% Not sure
2* Okay… how important is it for the government to legalize the status of illegal aliens already in the United States?
23% Very important
25% Somewhat important
22% Not very important
23% Not at all important
7% Not sure
3* Should undocumented immigrants be allowed to get drivers’ licenses?
15% Yes
77% No
8% Not sure
4* Is it possible to end illegal immigration?
45% Yes
41% No
14% Not sure
NOTE: Margin of Sampling Error, +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence
One thousand likely voters? Give me a break! When did 1,000 out of over 100 million voters become representative of the majority? What a joke.

Old 01-09-2016, 06:21 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,112,104 times
This is a good article and it appears the key is distinguishing between legal immigrant and illegal alien: Do more than 70 percent of American voters support a "pathway to citizenship" for undocumented immigrants? | PolitiFact Oregon and another good article: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...gal_immigrants Might just be mostly Republicans but the Dems are starting to take a look at the GOP side since Hillary is being jammed down their throats.

It is all in the wording. As we have all heard, whoever is paying for the poll generally ends up with the desired results.

If people favored illegal aliens staying in the country, Trump and others wanting to put the brakes on it wouldn't be at the top of the polls. I mean, they can do all the polls they want but for those of us with a brain, eyes and ears, we know the truth.

I live among this problem that is illegal aliens run amok. Pack 'em up and ship' em out. I'm savings boxes to do my part in getting them on the road!

Old 01-09-2016, 07:19 PM

69,411 posts, read 79,637,759 times
Quote:
One thousand likely voters? Give me a break! When did 1,000 out of over 100 million voters become representative of the majority? What a joke.
and why do you care one way or the other about a poll that is 6 plus years old for heavens sake?

Old 01-09-2016, 07:30 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,315,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and why do you care one way or the other about a poll that is 6 plus years old for heavens sake?
Please check the date of Benicar's post, I don't think it was 2016 since this is an old thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration