U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:35 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
I am in fact paraphrasing comments pro-illegals have actually made. From your emoticons, I gather you agree it is indeed absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 03:51 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,719,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I am in fact paraphrasing comments pro-illegals have actually made. From your emoticons, I gather you agree it is indeed absurd.
I think your post went right over their heads

The woman committed murder, she is in custody, she will be tried and given a sentence appropriate to the seriousness of her crime. I have yet to see anyone in any way approve of what she did. I am not sure what they are getting all excited about.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:23 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,417,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I think your post went right over their heads

The woman committed murder, she is in custody, she will be tried and given a sentence appropriate to the seriousness of her crime. I have yet to see anyone in any way approve of what she did. I am not sure what they are getting all excited about.
Nope, it went right over your head too. Its the part in bold.

Quote:
After all, if not for our “unfair” immigration laws, they wouldn’t have to come here and commit murder.
No pro legalization of illegal immigrant will excuse or defend murder on behalf of an illegal immigrant by saying that it was the fault of the US for their "unfair" immigration laws. I dont know where you got this...that you say you are paraphrasing.

Quote:
Perhaps you should mention this to the “morons” who claim racism whenever citizens voice opposition to illegal immigration and the crimes being committed by many who shouldn’t be here.
Voicing your opinion against illegal immigration is not racist. Its your right. What is racist is how people stereotype immigrants to fit their agenda or for fear of a specific ethnic group. In other words, xenophobia.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Nope, it went right over your head too. Its the part in bold.

No pro legalization of illegal immigrant will excuse or defend murder on behalf of an illegal immigrant by saying that it was the fault of the US for their "unfair" immigration laws. I dont know where you got this...that you say you are paraphrasing.

Voicing your opinion against illegal immigration is not racist. Its your right. What is racist is how people stereotype immigrants to fit their agenda or for fear of a specific ethnic group. In other words, xenophobia.
Clearly, you don’t know your comrades, if you actually believe they don’t use every conceivable excuse to justify the behavior of illegal aliens -- even the most heinous criminals. Furthermore, please don’t attempt to tell ME what I have or have not heard spewed out of the mouths of pro-illegals.

Put your race card back in your pocket. My opposition to illegal immigration is not even remotely related to race/ethnicity/national origin/language, or any other inane pro-illegal accusation. We have immigration laws like every other country, and we have a right to expect our laws to be obeyed. If you choose to support lawlessness, that is certainly your prerogative.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:43 PM

16,119 posts, read 20,198,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
ARIVACA, Ariz. (AP) - Prosecutors said Thursday they plan to seek the death penalty against former Everett resident Shawna Forde and two others charged in an Arizona home invasion that left a 9-year-old girl and her father dead.

Forde is the leader of the Minutemen American Defense border watch group. She's accused of planning the attack to help fund her anti-immigrant operations.

What a piece of work!

Death penalty sought for Everett woman in Ariz. murders | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

Ken
Isn't that the same group that our "Tree of Liberty" gun toting friend in New Hampshire was a member of before he left Arizona?

Old 08-15-2009, 12:53 PM

1,150 posts, read 992,618 times
<<good luck Zac, these posters are too emotional to consider that. at least you are level headed enough. thank you>>

Isn't everyone saying murder, regardless of who commits it, should be punished?

Old 08-15-2009, 05:30 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,050,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<good luck Zac, these posters are too emotional to consider that. at least you are level headed enough. thank you>>

Isn't everyone saying murder, regardless of who commits it, should be punished?
Don't worry Jayarcy, these posters are too emotional to consider that. At least you are level headed enough.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:33 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,050,532 times
I don't believe in the death penalty and I don't believe in an afterlife --- however, if anyone deserves the death penalty it is Shauna Ford and if there is a hell she certainly deserves to go there.

Any which way I hope the remainder of her life is filled with pain, horror and fear.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:52 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,417,611 times
Quote:
Clearly, you don’t know your comrades, if you actually believe they don’t use every conceivable excuse to justify the behavior of illegal aliens -- even the most heinous criminals. Furthermore, please don’t attempt to tell ME what I have or have not heard spewed out of the mouths of pro-illegals.

Put your race card back in your pocket. My opposition to illegal immigration is not even remotely related to race/ethnicity/national origin/language, or any other inane pro-illegal accusation. We have immigration laws like every other country, and we have a right to expect our laws to be obeyed. If you choose to support lawlessness, that is certainly your prerogative.
Relax Benicar, I'm not calling you a racist. You said that the pros claim racism when the antis voice opposition to illegal immigration. My response was that it was not racist and that it was a right. Then I proceeded to say that there are people that are racist and stereotype immigrants to push their agenda. My statement was not directed at you per say but it was in general of the entire issue of immigration.

As far as the comment above, I still stand by what I said and I have yet to see a court case where an immigrant's rights group says,"Its not the illegal immigrant murder's fault. It's our fault of the US for having "unfair" immigration laws. But please enlighten me as to where and when you heard it, if you will. Other wise, it could have been a comment from some random kid who knows nothing about politics (as it really sounds childish) in which case, there is no credibility. I dont support any murderer. I dont care if he is legal or not and I guarantee that neither would an immigrant's rights organization.

Anyway, God bless.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Relax Benicar, I'm not calling you a racist. You said that the pros claim racism when the antis voice opposition to illegal immigration. My response was that it was not racist and that it was a right. Then I proceeded to say that there are people that are racist and stereotype immigrants to push their agenda. My statement was not directed at you per say but it was in general of the entire issue of immigration.

As far as the comment above, I still stand by what I said and I have yet to see a court case where an immigrant's rights group says,"Its not the illegal immigrant murder's fault. It's our fault of the US for having "unfair" immigration laws. But please enlighten me as to where and when you heard it, if you will. Other wise, it could have been a comment from some random kid who knows nothing about politics (as it really sounds childish) in which case, there is no credibility. I dont support any murderer. I dont care if he is legal or not and I guarantee that neither would an immigrant's rights organization.

Anyway, God bless.
Please direct me to the post on this thread in which I quoted or made reference to a court case or any illegal alien advocacy group publically justifying heinous crimes committed by illegal aliens. Pro-illegals on this very board routinely attempt to justify EVERY crime committed by illegals. Very few will condemn them, notwithstanding the crime.

Furthermore, I have personally discussed this issue with pro-illegals who blame this country and our “unfair” laws for the crimes being committed by illegals. And yes, I have heard such asinine comments as previously stated. Are you suggesting you know the hearts and minds of every pro-illegal? Are you suggesting you have heard every comment made by a pro-illegal? I really don’t care what you choose to believe. I stand by my comments. Are comments only “credible” if you consider them plausible, or if there is a website link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or