U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:20 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Yet, Arnie continues to deny illegals are draining California.

Quote:
LOS ANGELES COUNTY - Figures from the Department of Public Social Services show that children of illegal aliens in Los Angeles County collected nearly $22 million in welfare and over $26 million in food stamps in June, according to county Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

Twenty-four percent of the county's total allotment of welfare and food stamp benefits goes directly to U.S.-born children of illegal aliens.

"Illegal immigration continues to have a catastrophic impact on Los Angeles County taxpayers," Antonovich said. "The total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1 billion a year - not including the millions of dollars for education."
County welfare for kids of illegal aliens tops $48 million in June
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 11:26 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,582,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yet, Arnie continues to deny illegals are draining California.

County welfare for kids of illegal aliens tops $48 million in June
RACIST ALERT! RACIST ALERT!

Old 12-09-2009, 06:27 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,172,158 times
racist alert? NO

Source: Office of Supervisor Michael D. Antonivich
Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, Fifth District

thats where it came from .. so no not racist alert at all ..
I dislike the fact we feed these kids and thier families tho .. I think the fs and the cash that supports them should be put in a fund that doled out via a meal program at the salavation army or other church deal .. to feed JUST those kids .. no other members of the family THAT would stop the abuse of the food dollar .. then theres other items .. let only the county workers deal with just the kid and gee we wouldnt have anymore illegals because the mommas wouldnt like not getting the money or the food .. Kid as a citizen is taken care of the rest of the family is on its own ..

Old 12-09-2009, 06:46 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
racist alert? NO

Source: Office of Supervisor Michael D. Antonivich
Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, Fifth District

thats where it came from .. so no not racist alert at all ..
I dislike the fact we feed these kids and thier families tho .. I think the fs and the cash that supports them should be put in a fund that doled out via a meal program at the salavation army or other church deal .. to feed JUST those kids .. no other members of the family THAT would stop the abuse of the food dollar .. then theres other items .. let only the county workers deal with just the kid and gee we wouldnt have anymore illegals because the mommas wouldnt like not getting the money or the food .. Kid as a citizen is taken care of the rest of the family is on its own ..
antireconquista was being sarcastic----------he is extremely anti illegal immigration.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:26 PM

3,448 posts, read 2,581,387 times
Hello again and its a huge joy to see good attention to the subject at hand. Having dual citizenship and living in Northern Canada its been a "look forward move" to the
beautiful Southern States.
I'm esp passionate regarding the illegal immigration issue as I have personally watched in horror the city of Toronto Canada become basically sold out to illegal immigrants. Most like myself , my parents and friends gave up and moved. The crime
the social indifference of new aliens and the economic disorder allows for true attention to any thriving hard worked for North American city or region "loose its
basic personality and livable enjoyment to a situation that could be wisely and
reasonably monitored with control by political position. My understanding is that
leaders must be pressured as well a leader with talented abilities in cumulative issues
is the only hope. Yes, some leaders would be a bad pick for school principal and
should get back in the classroom. Is this measuring stick without reason ?
Yes said the skeptic, well then at least we should see its the leadership and the decision makers that simply "can't" foresee consequences .
Also, its a good leader that can say, "hey I goofed, lets try this".
This feature of correctness is part of life and perhaps it could start from the top down to allow the people a little Ole fashioned confidence. Thank you

Old 12-09-2009, 09:08 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,670,868 times
Greeting's,

Indeed ... 48 million more reasons why the U.S.S. Ship of America is plunging yet deeper into the cold had drink !!!

At this rate of acute insanity it will truly be a miracle if the American Nation survives another 5 years !

The tragic "Illegal Alien Debacle' is without a doubt destroying this nation as many of our wonderfuly brave and loyal American Politicians remain deliberately indifferent to the dire national emergency this represents!

What an "Unparalled Nightmare" !

Thank You / Lamar

Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
It's so very easy to prove that illegals are here in a large part because of the many welfare programs that make it very easy for them to be here.

The cost of living in the USA is much much higher than it is in their own countries, they are for the most part uneducated, illiterate, unable to speak or learn English and can only take the lowest paying jobs, and send an average of $400 back to the families they left behind. Of course they are using the welfare programs in a very big way.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:09 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,172,158 times
so .. fix the issue .. I still think we should set things up so that the ONLT one getting help is the kid and not the whole family .. WHICH is what happens when they give the mother the food stamp card .. she buys to feed all .. feed the kid only at a digsantaded place and at school is they go there .. SO that should stop the anchor baby business .. ..

Old 12-10-2009, 03:52 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
so .. fix the issue .. I still think we should set things up so that the ONLT one getting help is the kid and not the whole family .. WHICH is what happens when they give the mother the food stamp card .. she buys to feed all .. feed the kid only at a digsantaded place and at school is they go there .. SO that should stop the anchor baby business .. ..
And just how do you monitor that? A two year old can't go grocery shopping on their own. The only thing that will stop the anchor baby business is by re-interpreting the 14th Amendment as it was intended in regards to birthright citizenship.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:23 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And just how do you monitor that? A two year old can't go grocery shopping on their own. The only thing that will stop the anchor baby business is by re-interpreting the 14th Amendment as it was intended in regards to birthright citizenship.
Well -- he did say feed them only at a designated place. That seems like a good idea to me because even with non-illegals, mom's boyfriends might be enjoying a lot more of the food bought with food stamps and WIC than the children do.

They're providing these children with at least two meals a day now - maybe they should feed them before they go home, open the school cafeteria on weekends to children only and this way a whole lot of abuse would end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or