Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 03:53 PM

706 posts, read 940,095 times

Advertisements

The president and his henchmen have their hands full with the obamacare fiasco and I suspect that a lot of their political capital will be used in getting it passed (in one form or another) and he will be hard pressed to have enough left for amnesty.

California's unemployment rate just hit 11.9% while Nevada's rose to 12.5%. Add to that the mood of the people today,and it would appear that any chance of passing any form of amnesty is still slim to none.

Of course. they will introduce a bill this year.....they already put that carrot on the stick and continue to hold meetings ( no press please) with the open border advocates led by Janet Napoltano.( head of the department of homeland surrender,as it was recently labeled)

This should get interesting............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 04:20 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
I think that Obama is just going through the motions to pacify his Latino voting block. I don't think he ever did have any intention of seeking to amnesty millions of illegal aliens in our country. He made that promise to get the Latino vote. He knows darned well it would be political suicide if he actually went through with it. He would PO the majority and you know with politicians they just play games to gain as many votes as they can. Once in office they are always turncoats. In this case it is good for us pro-laws citizens.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:05 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I think that Obama is just going through the motions to pacify his Latino voting block. I don't think he ever did have any intention of seeking to amnesty millions of illegal aliens in our country. He made that promise to get the Latino vote. He knows darned well it would be political suicide if he actually went through with it. He would PO the majority and you know with politicians they just play games to gain as many votes as they can. Once in office they are always turncoats. In this case it is good for us pro-laws citizens.
You may be correct.

And to run with your ball further: many if not most American Blacks are extremely anti illegal immigration to boot----------and that constituency Obama would be wise in not angering.

Old 08-23-2009, 04:40 PM

36 posts, read 57,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You may be correct.

And to run with your ball further: many if not most American Blacks are extremely anti illegal immigration to boot----------and that constituency Obama would be wise in not angering.
What makes you feel like you can speak for us?

Old 08-23-2009, 04:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis09 View Post
What makes you feel like you can speak for us?
Simple. Quite a few AA's flat told me they want the illegals gone.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:07 PM

36 posts, read 57,100 times
Quote:
Simple. Quite a few AA's flat told me they want the illegals gone.
So are you a card-carrying spokesman for the African-American community?

Old 08-23-2009, 08:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
You may be correct.

That has been the consensus here also, for many many years.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
After the last attempt at amnesty the congress wants nothign to do with it. They just think they had it bad last timewhen they tried to do agian what was done in the 90's. Crteat a law then not enforce immagrtion laws on the border.Its a dead issue especailly in these times when no one wants illegals more than ever.If you watched the debates between Obama and hillary it was clear they want "comprehensive immagratiopn reform" and then dropped it;giving no answer that was anyhtig other than rethoric. Now nothing gbut rethoric.Kinhd of like saying a chicken in evry pot i the depression.meant nothing really.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:01 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Already the NCLR and their followers are getting impatient that Obama hasn't produced on his promise for amnesty and neither had congress yet. They thought they were going to get it during Obama's first year as president. I think they can see the handwriting on the wall and I love it!

Old 08-25-2009, 05:48 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Quote:
I have noticed that as well: and as time goes on; the odds are growing against any sort of mass amnesty. Us Americans as a group are pissed---------to be polite.
"Ilegal Immigration" & "Illegal Aliens' ...... Now these are two alarming terms that should always elicit the "Red Flag" of urgent concern among any loyal and patriotic Americans.

It's a curious occurrence indeed ..... to actually witness in our time the most obviously deliberate and exceptionally destructive actions generated by a certain faction of our elected officials to blatantly weaken & diminish the time honored elements of"cohesivness" that have historically maintained the strenghth of resolve by a United American nation. We are of course a nation of laws..... laws that also apply to "Illegal Aliens"..... Laws that demand enforcement in order to protect the American People from this imminent danger.

The continued attempts by some of these so called servants of the American People to minimize the dangerous situation that exists at our Southern Border and willingly adopt the mindset of deliberate indifference towards this insidious National crisis is "Unparalled" in it's incredulous ineptitude and foolishness !

It is unthinkable that our proud and patriotic American Citizens would ever allow the current "Illegal Alien" debacle to destroy this grand republic and it's magnificient culture. It is now emphatically up to the loyal American citizen to once again effectively "Let Their Voice Be Heard" regarding this devastating scourge upon our beloved nation !!!
ArizonaBear you are on the mark with your comments.
Thanks L. F. Proud To Be An American !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration