U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 07:04 AM

4,572 posts, read 3,830,907 times

Advertisements

Dear Mr. President, Senate and House of Representatives:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family from California into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me. We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico , and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements. We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All Mexico government forms need to also be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico, but, I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put U S. flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say a critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who come to the U.S. from Mexico . I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 07:31 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Cannot Rep you but your post is too sad to even be funny.

Although knowing Mexico; they would claim that we already did as you outlined back in 1848----------never mind that Guatemala broke away around then as well and Mx sure as hell does not want that destitute country back.

Old 08-22-2009, 03:15 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
I'm afraid your request will be denied. Our President would undoubtedly tell you these demands are 'unreasonable'. He'd remind you that Mexico is a sovereign nation, and has definite laws regarding who does....and who does not...get to immigrate there. And he'd remind you that, should you persist in your plan to flaunt Mexican law and sovereignty by making the outrageous demands you've outlined, that, as an American, you could expect no 'help' from the US government.

We, in the US, recognize the rights of other nations to make their own laws....and we remind all Americans that, if you insist on traveling to other nations and breaking their laws, you do so at your own risk. We do NOT subscribe to the theory that "Wherever an American goes, THERE is America". We feel that when an American goes to a foreign land, he's under the laws of that land, and we expect him to obey them...or come home.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:01 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,953,604 times
All a person has to do is change a couple of words (reversing) and you have a situation that pertains to a person from Mexico and not a US citizen wanting all of the items mentioned.

Believe the OP was just trying to point out some true facts that we have today and that he is NOT contenplating any move as originally stated.

I would call it "reverse psychology" to stimulate some minds.

Steve

Old 08-22-2009, 04:43 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
All a person has to do is change a couple of words (reversing) and you have a situation that pertains to a person from Mexico and not a US citizen wanting all of the items mentioned.

Believe the OP was just trying to point out some true facts that we have today and that he is NOT contenplating any move as originally stated.

I would call it "reverse psychology" to stimulate some minds.

Steve
"Reverse psychology"? You're very kind. When I use it, it's called 'sarcasm'.

Old 08-22-2009, 05:21 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,343,093 times
I would call it a chain email...

Old 08-22-2009, 07:11 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
I would call it a chain email...
And all true too as far as the disparage that relates to the Mexican/S American illegal horde.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:00 PM

739 posts, read 1,973,769 times
If I go into mexico I have to show my passport book and declare any items in my luggage like camera, snowboard, telescope, etc. Then I have to get a tourist visa and pay the fee and show my US passport to mexican immigration officials and tell them where I am going and what I am going to do and when I am leaving. Then when I leave I have to show my passport book again and show the tourists visa I was issued to mexican immigration or face a fine. I also have to pay a bunch of taxes the mexican government charges when I rent the car, pay the hotel, or buy the airplane ticket.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:23 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
If I go to Mexico I need members of my family and all of friends to kick the snot out of me for being so stupid.
Why go to such a nest of corruption and crime?
I can choose any one of a number of countries where the dollar buys double what it will in the USA and not have to deal with drug cartels and openly corrupt police.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:02 PM

36 posts, read 50,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If I go to Mexico I need members of my family and all of friends to kick the snot out of me for being so stupid.
Why go to such a nest of corruption and crime?
I can choose any one of a number of countries where the dollar buys double what it will in the USA and not have to deal with drug cartels and openly corrupt police.
Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or