Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 08:22 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigration is driving our health care problems | mansfieldnewsjournal.com | Mansfield News Journal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 09:36 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Of course illegals are a drain on the healthcare system. They are most likely a drain on everything else they touch.

Quote:
Americans without a high school diploma have considerably lower earning power and jobopportunities in today’s workforce. Over a working lifetime from ages 18-64, high schooldropouts are estimated to earn $400,000 less than those that graduated from high school. Formales, the lifetime earnings loss is nearly $485,000 and exceeds $500,000 in many largestates. Due to their lower lifetime earnings and other sources of market incomes, dropouts willcontribute far less in federal, state, and local taxes than they will receive in cash benefits, in-kindtransfers, and correctional costs. Over their lifetimes, this will impose a net fiscal burden on therest of society.By contrast, adults with high school diplomas contribute major fiscal benefits to the country overtheir lifetime. The combined lifetime fiscal benefits––including the payment of payroll, federal,and state income taxes––could amount to more than $250,000 per graduated student. Such apublic fiscal benefit more than outweighs the estimated cost of enrolling a student who hasdropped out
http://www.clms.neu.edu/publication/documents/CLMS_2009_Dropout_Report.pdf (broken link)

Our own home grown high school dropouts contribute less to society than they use in benefits. When people claim that illegal aliens (the majority of whom lack a HS diploma) make some great contribution to society, I cannot help but wonder on what basis these statements are made. If our own dropouts use more than they put into the system, I fail to see how illegals without a diploma can be contributors. Furthermore, with American dropouts, they typically at least made it to HS prior to dropping out plus they speak English. If they decide to return for a GED, they have a good chance of success. What are we supposed to do with some illegal who is 35, left school in the 7th grade and has 4 kids? If they are allowed to stay here, this family is going to cost us for the rest of the parents lives. And no, I do not care what wondrous things the second and third generation might accomplish. The way things are going, I am no longer certain that we are going to make it through the next 10 years. It is time to fact the hard facts and look at what this invasion that we are forced to tolerate by our traitorous gov. is costing us.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:09 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Of course illegals are a drain on the healthcare system. They are most likely a drain on everything else they touch.

http://www.clms.neu.edu/publication/documents/CLMS_2009_Dropout_Report.pdf (broken link)

Our own home grown high school dropouts contribute less to society than they use in benefits. When people claim that illegal aliens (the majority of whom lack a HS diploma) make some great contribution to society, I cannot help but wonder on what basis these statements are made. If our own dropouts use more than they put into the system, I fail to see how illegals without a diploma can be contributors. Furthermore, with American dropouts, they typically at least made it to HS prior to dropping out plus they speak English. If they decide to return for a GED, they have a good chance of success. What are we supposed to do with some illegal who is 35, left school in the 7th grade and has 4 kids? If they are allowed to stay here, this family is going to cost us for the rest of the parents lives. And no, I do not care what wondrous things the second and third generation might accomplish. The way things are going, I am no longer certain that we are going to make it through the next 10 years. It is time to fact the hard facts and look at what this invasion that we are forced to tolerate by our traitorous gov. is costing us.
ABSOFREAKINLUTELY andreabeth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration