Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 10:13 PM

451 posts, read 310,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Hohoho! You've really go a thing against 'whitey' there, don't you. The fact that you are xenophobic does not make you right.

Did you actually read my post? I said:

Tell me just how well heeled and upwardly mobile an illegal alien with a 7th grade education is.
so you care about how educated they are? I bet you anything that any of those elementary school drop-outs have more culture and general knowledge
than our typical high school graduates, 90% of US HS graduates can not identify Europe on a map, 85% could not tell which country borders us to the
north, 65% could not name the president of the US, etc. you don't need to be a genius to harvest avocados. these are just the newcomers, hispanics in general are upwardly moving, you will not see many of them living in trailaers,
the etnic groups already have the political party in this country to make the voices of the hate groups disappear forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 10:20 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
so you care about how educated they are? I bet you anything that any of those elementary school drop-outs have more culture and general knowledge
than our typical high school graduates, 90% of US HS graduates can not identify Europe on a map, 85% could not tell which country borders us to the
north, 65% could not name the president of the US, etc. you don't need to be a genius to harvest avocados. these are just the newcomers, hispanics in general are upwardly moving, you will not see many of them living in trailaers,
the etnic groups already have the political party in this country to make the voices of the hate groups disappear forever.
Proof please or you are making this up like almost everything else, barinnas?

Old 05-16-2008, 10:30 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Quote:
I bet you anything that any of those elementary school drop-outs have more culture and general knowledge
than our typical high school graduates
Not the graduates of the high schools my children attended, darlin'.

In view of their 50% high school dropout rate, I am not sure they will be 'upwardly mobile' any time soon.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Not the graduates of the high schools my children attended, darlin'.

In view of their 50% high school dropout rate, I am not sure they will be 'upwardly mobile' any time soon.

But, tell me , you've seen the numbers....

Old 05-16-2008, 10:42 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
But, tell me , you've seen the numbers....

Quote:
Only 51% of all black students and 52% of all Hispanic students graduate,
Education Working Paper 3 | Public High School Graduation and College Readiness Rates in the United States

Old 05-16-2008, 10:52 PM

Good article, I completely agree it's pathetic, even asians the racial group
with the best numbers (better than hispanics,whites, and blacks) only 79% graduate high school, but more over like I showed you in the previous post,
the achievement is pathetic. Hispanic numbers compare much better when you include private schools since they attend catholic schools in high numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration