U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 02:00 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times

Advertisements

63 Nigerias were deported from the US. Out of the 63, seven were women. This is trully sad. Some of them had been in this country for up to 10 years, which means that some probably had children and had formed a family here. I cant imagine them being forced to leave without their children. What makes it even worse is that in Nigeria, when they are released into the country, they have to do real time in prison until they pay their deportation fee. Very sad.

Not so concerned about the ones caught with an illegal firearm.

THISDAY ONLINE / Nigeria news / African views on global news (http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=152909 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 05:45 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
And this is a bad thing? prison time to repay their deportation fee is wrong? NO it is correct.... They made a choice to violate laws. Now they are going to answer for it. I am happy that this story has such a happy ending.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:46 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
63 Nigerias were deported from the US. Out of the 63, seven were women. This is trully sad. Some of them had been in this country for up to 10 years, which means that some probably had children and had formed a family here. I cant imagine them being forced to leave without their children. What makes it even worse is that in Nigeria, when they are released into the country, they have to do real time in prison until they pay their deportation fee. Very sad.

THISDAY ONLINE / Nigeria news / African views on global news (http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=152909 - broken link)
I would feel that same way if said illegals were Nordic White Swedes-------------better a group of Nahautl speaking Mexicans who came here legally.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:10 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,829,945 times
What is the sad part here? That some were female? Or that criminals were sent back to their own country? At least the US went to the trouble of ensuring that they arrived safely. What the Nigerian authorities do with them is an internal matter and of no concern to us. It was probably a cheaper alternative to jailing them here, and unlike the Mexican problem, at least they will not be able to walk back across the border the following day.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:21 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,171,240 times
round em up send them back no sympthy from me ..as for the women .. and thats an issue for why? thier kids are allowed to go back as well I PERSONALLY think that the anchor babies should be stripped of birth citizenship and sent back as well ...

Old 08-31-2009, 10:58 AM

13,692 posts, read 15,115,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post

If they were here illegally, they got what they deserved.

Plus, you don't live illegally in a nation for 10 years or more and not get your paperwork in order.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:03 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
round em up send them back no sympthy from me ..as for the women .. and thats an issue for why? thier kids are allowed to go back as well I PERSONALLY think that the anchor babies should be stripped of birth citizenship and sent back as well ...
I do have a problem of stripping Anchors already born here of their citizenship; that stated.........any kids born to illegal alien parents (especially if the mother is an illegal) after an arbitrary date should never receive birthright citizenship to begin with.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 AM

8,743 posts, read 10,000,380 times
How is this a sad story?

I don't see it.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I do have a problem of stripping Anchors already born here of their citizenship; that stated.........any kids born to illegal alien parents (especially if the mother is an illegal) after an arbitrary date should never receive birthright citizenship to begin with.

Kids belong with the parents not in foster care and growing up resentful of Americas laws that split the family up .. I really think the whole family needs to go .....
HOW ever I do see your point and yes damn it set a date and let it cover any child born 10 yrs befor that .. why not.. altho I think its less kind to split the family up

Old 08-31-2009, 11:57 AM

OH POEOPLE! dig a little deeper and have yer eyes opened these 63 folks are not what we want here in America ... pity we didnt just send them to Gitmo or kick them out of the plane mid flight .. AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH
folks like this need to take thier anchor brats home as well

Quote:
Estimated at $12 Million; Nearly Four Dozen Individuals Charged Following 21-Month Investigation; Counterfeit Credit Cards Used To Steal Money and Buy Electronic Goods that Were Later Fenced; Stolen Credit Cards Allegedly Used Around the Globe Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown, joined by Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly, today announced that an international forged credit card and identity theft ring based in the New York- metropolitan area and with roots in Nigeria has been successfully dismantled following the indictment this week of forty-five individuals. The ring – which was comprised of three separate identity theft and forged credit card groups that employed multiple cells – is alleged to have been responsible for stealing the credit cards and personal credit information of thousands of American and Canadian consumers, costing these individuals, as well as financial institutions and retail businesses, more than $12 million in losses over the past year alone.

63 Deportees

International Credit Card and Identity Theft Ring of Nigerians in New York Dismantled
THIS is the sort of illegal trash we are so angry with ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration