U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 07:29 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,236,781 times

Advertisements

My friend married an illegal immigrant from Slovenia (rare that you'll find one from southern Europe). It's strange, because when I see them together, he doesn't even seem to care much for her. Almost like he married her so he could stay in the country. They eloped randomly one day, and then i started hearing they got lawyers to keep him in the country. Her whole relationship with him sounds fishy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 07:34 PM

2,545 posts, read 6,250,834 times
I know you were trying to document something else and ended up with this...
I will not be comfortable with someone video taping me in public.
I think they are also guilty of "profiling".... they do not know that you are a nice guy.... they just assumed you are just like other guys who just walk up to them and ask "are you illegal ?" as if its a compliment or a ice breaker.... I'm not surprised they got defensive.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:45 PM

2,940 posts, read 7,209,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes927 View Post
John--- I am very sorry that your home of Westbury Village has been in decline. I am sure illegal immigration has played a role. I have my own proposal for the immigration issue. That's a long story...

I admire your dedication to your cause.

That being said, while not illegal I think it's very unfair to tape those men and instigate a fight with them as you did. No crime is seen: they are simply men sitting in the park. We are asked to take your word for it that they are up to no good, and I think that this is very unfair.

The gang graffiti is disgusting, but I see nothing wrong with the poster or Hispanic culture.
They started with me, by yelling at me and giving me the finger as I was walking away. I could've just kept going, but it needed to be shown what hangs out in this village.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Which gang is that? Never saw that tag.
Surenos...

Old 09-08-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
I know you were trying to document something else and ended up with this...
I will not be comfortable with someone video taping me in public.
I think they are also guilty of "profiling".... they do not know that you are a nice guy.... they just assumed you are just like other guys who just walk up to them and ask "are you illegal ?" as if its a compliment or a ice breaker.... I'm not surprised they got defensive.
Thing is the Village already has cameras put up in that area so the men were already being recorded. On a public street or park you have no right to privacy. Unfortunately that right has been stepped on alot lately, with alot of people interfering with the rights of the media. The media being us...we are all media. Again I did not walk up to them I was showing the piazza and they just happened to be there.
I also mentioned in the video that they may be illegal or not, they are the ones that decided to proclaim that they are illegal.
The village tried to silence my videos in the past (long story..) but I know the law is on MY side. There's alot of stuff that goes on in this village that isn't talked about, because people are threatened to shut up. That's one thing I will no longer do.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
My friend married an illegal immigrant from Slovenia (rare that you'll find one from southern Europe). It's strange, because when I see them together, he doesn't even seem to care much for her. Almost like he married her so he could stay in the country. They eloped randomly one day, and then i started hearing they got lawyers to keep him in the country. Her whole relationship with him sounds fishy.
Very possible she was paid lots of $$ to marry him...

Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 PM

4,800 posts, read 10,575,985 times
I admire what you are doing but I do hope you will be careful in those situations. There was a lot of them and only one of you and I would not be surprised one or more of them was carrying a gun under their baggy clothes.

I deliver mail for a living and deliver to an apartment complex that is almost all Mexican and Guatemalan immigrants. I know many of them there are illegal because I deal with them on a daily basis and many speak no English. I can speak enough Spanish to get them to sign for letters and packages and so forth. At the beginning of every month I deliver welfare and medical coupons to every single apartment there, even though many of those people are illegal. What makes it even worse, a lot of those people getting those benefits send much of the money they do earn back to Mexico. So while we give them freebies courtesy of the state, they turn around and send much of what they do earn back to their families and don't even spend it locally on our economy.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:06 PM

Anyone know anywhere on LI that sells pepper spray? Mace is illegal but pepper spray is not, I dont think. I really think I need to start carrying something to defend myself. And in NY pepper spray cannot be sold online, so it has to be a store.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:09 PM

2,003 posts, read 4,394,805 times
Default they have legal impunity

Why would they even take you serious when they have Federally mandated impunity. If any local official attempts to plug the flood of illegal immigration he/she is condemned immediately as a "racist" by the media and interloping pressure groups. These people are above the law and they have been educated and they know it. Not only are they undercutting the work of the native working class but they are a tax burden as the Fed forces the local government to provide your tax money to them in the form of Welfare and food stamps. You are feeding the force that is going to drive you from your community.

The end game is that your community gets "flipped" It is a established form of social engineering and it is in full swing on Long Island. Once and for all the working class Ethnics (Irish, Italian, Black) are going to be forced to flee out of the New York metro area as their neighborhoods are inundated with gangs, drugs, home invasions and prostitution.

Then the establishment can have what they want. A wellspring of cheap ethnically homogeneous cheap labor to serve the affluent establishment on the North Shore and East End. There is no longer a need for the working/middle class heavily unionized natives who served their purpose in previous generations. You will be driven to move away with your your tail tucked between your legs to Palookaville where you can live a dull anonymous life. The new immigrants can perform most of the same working class trades for half the wages and the health care costs get shifted to the local taxpayers and away from the employers.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:00 PM

17,002 posts, read 20,672,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
They started with me, by yelling at me and giving me the finger as I was walking away. I could've just kept going, but it needed to be shown what hangs out in this village.

John, you need to learn to embrace their culture, sorry just kidding.

I grew up on Long Island and left in the mid 80s to go to Southern CA. I saw areas there get overrun over the years with illegals.

At first it was odd for me coming from Long Island to see these sights in CA. Men standing around on corners looking for work and all the CA residents using illegals for lawn cutting, pool cleaning, house cleaning etc.

Selling oranges on the side of the freeways. Didn't think too much of it but over the years it seemed to increase and spread further and further out.

We now live down south and went up to Long Island and was shocked to see Mexicans in Massapequa!!!!

Talked to several old schoolmates who live all over the island and it is gotten really bad.

You should be applauded for doing what you're doing.

Believe me I saw it first hand get out of control in CA. Many years ago the people of CA wanted an ENGLISH ONLY law passed. But the powers that be crushed it. Now there are parts of even suburban Los Angeles that all the store signs in spanish,and parts of LA where english is hardly spoken.

I would say Long Island is where Southern CA was maybe 15 yrs ago.

If it isn't addressed you will get overrun or run out of your hometown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration