U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 AM

21,148 posts, read 37,476,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
It's called "the White Flight".

White flight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't see it so much as a thing white people do, but a thing anyone who doesn't want to live in the ghetto does. These illegals bring crime, disease, and filth to the neighbourhoods they inhabit. So anyone with a decent income, black, white, or otherwise, flees the area for higher grounds. In my neighbourhood we have taken proactive steps to get these criminals out of here.
We had 1, just one, family of people that were obviously illegals. There were about 20 of them living in 1 house in a very nice neighbourhood. They were noisy, always playing loud music late at night, so I would call the police on them. In my community it is against the home owners association agreement for people to have "apartments". We got those people kicked out and we haven't had any since. My neighbourhood is very diverse, but all of the people, immigrants or otherwise, are legally here and they are educated, hard working people.
A textbook example of 'White flight' these days is American Blacks being chased out of their enclaves by (mostly Hispanic) illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 05:10 PM

2,940 posts, read 7,214,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
There is something very wrong with our country when legal, law abiding citizens are forced to flee their neighborhoods because of the antics of illegal aliens.
I cant even feel comfortable speaking out against it. The video I did, I had to make private because I have to catch the bus in that spot and dont want to make these guys even more pissed at me. No one is protecting me from them. I called the Village and they said it was a police matter, I call the police and they say they cant do anything.
Who's gonna protect me when these guys want to make me their next victim?
Do I have to buy a gun?
And I am a male, imagine how much worse it is for the females. The code enforcement in this town is a joke. I knew it would get worse because the incumbant party got re-elected. They call themselves the Action Party, pretty ironic name since getting any action from them on this issue is futile.
The media is always in support of illegals so it seems there is no voice out there for us.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:12 PM

2,940 posts, read 7,214,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
A textbook example of 'White flight' these days is American Blacks being chased out of their enclaves by (mostly Hispanic) illegal aliens.
That has happened in Hempstead, New Cassel, and other towns throughout LI. Hempstead used to be the "Harlem" of Long Island, now, it looks more like somewhere in Central America.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 PM

752 posts, read 1,279,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
There is something very wrong with our country when legal, law abiding citizens are forced to flee their neighborhoods because of the antics of illegal aliens.
easy now...keep talking like that and newsday will be at your house asking you why you hate everyone...

Old 09-12-2009, 08:18 AM

999 posts, read 2,032,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krewat View Post
I thought our country was founded on the idea (among others) that you could walk around and be FREE and not have to provide ID (or "papers") for no reason?

Not that I accept the illegals situation in any way, shape or form. I do not.

But how would you feel if the cops did that to YOU every time you hung out in the park?

Funny thing is, those people in question might not even be here "illegally".
What are you talking about.... a cop very well can ask you for id "hanging out" anywhere you Are...

You are free, and if you can prove it, then you get to stay...if not see ya....

After 9-11 not only can they ask for id, but they can search you now and hold you there for a good period.....

As for the reason of this post...

They broke the law "Disorderly conduct" yelling obsenties and giving the finger in public is disorderly conduct...yet the Police, sworn to uphold the law told JIW can't do anything, Well then disband the PD and let us save money...

Here is what i would recommend, you want change...then at least a thousand of you from your area march down to your elected dimwits town hall and DEMAND,
Demand..... You should all be freaking the F out that you pay an outragous amount of taxes, you call and they do nothing....i shouldn't have to tell you to all go down there and flip out on them...DEMAND it gets done and it gets done now...
I would vote every single imbecile you have there now out...

Demand they walk outside with you right NOW...do not go there all pleasant and nice and bring tea and crumpets .....have a few people videoing and demand why you call and nothing gets done, you call the police and nothing gets done

Grab them by the hand walk them out to the issue and Demand Now you call the police and see what they tell you..

Has everyone forgot wth the govt is for....has everyone really become that scared to allow these idiots to remain in offices to do nothing...

When you all start demanding these things, YOUR govt will stop harboring them, and the media will stop feeling bad for them....
Demand the reporters report and not make up drama....

Report the news.... This is an example .....

" A illegal immigrant was killed today in patchogue, BECAUSE the govt doesn't do it's job and the police don't remove them....
Unfortunately a effort by kids from the area broke the law and murdered a illegal citizen...though the intention was not murder, in a sad event of a disgusted public in it's local govt's flat out ignorance of the problem a life has been lost and 7 others lives will now be changed forever due to a big problem in this countries poor handling of a serious situation....

Local politicans should know this incident is the fault of there own for poor practices and not following the laws of this country....in fact this reporter feels that all local politicians should be charged also since due to there practices this incident occured.

All American citizens should vote out any elected official speaking favorably on any stance for illegal immigrants.. tim bishop, how do you feel knowing your hand played a role in these incidents today?

Now that is the damn news....
Not hate crimes in patchogue, this is going to continue....

Whats sad is....You the legal citizens ALLOW these imbeciles in office to get away with this by sitting there and doing nothing..... A disgusted public takes the law into there own hands...and your govt wastes time and YOUR police dept ...BEING PAID by US starts a hate crime squad instead of a deporting illegals squad....

While we sit at a computer INSTEAD of freaking out in a protest by the 10's of thousands...ASKING them WTF is wrong with you imbeciles....

Next time it could be your son or daughter disgusted they can't get a job because some scum anti american employer hires the illegal....

I don't want to hear the bs about lazy Americans....it's a damned bs excuse used by people to have a EXCUSE for them...

Tea parties should be all over this..

Old 09-12-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
easy now...keep talking like that and newsday will be at your house asking you why you hate everyone...

newsday and reporting shouldn't be used in the same sentence.
That bs shouldn't be called reporting... they simply tell a story add there view to it....definitely not reporting..

Old 09-12-2009, 08:30 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,324,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Listen if you really want to get rid of them .....REALLY ... not just talk like EVERY OTHER Long Island resident and elected official....

Stop arguing with them....Moderator cut: Language get a van, get a pick up with a cap....go right up to them and say who knows how to do demo? and i need 4 guys for demo, 2 guys for cement... 1 helper..
(rent a u-haul box truck like we did, and hit every bump and whatever you can on the way to there final destination)

Bingo you just got 7 idiots in your truck.... NOW GUESS what you are going to do with them, C'mon Guess....i can not be the only person with a brain on L.I....

You now hand deliver them RIGHT to the INS building...

Then go back for whatever is left tomorrow..

Watch how quickly they Leave, when you don't know where the next truck you get into is bringing them...
LMAO.. omg you didnt? ????????!!!!!!!!! to funny and yup thats one way of scareing them into leaveing ..

Old 09-12-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
LMAO.. omg you didnt? ????????!!!!!!!!! to funny and yup thats one way of scareing them into leaveing ..

The ins facility is in queens right off rockaway blvd, 2 blocks south of the NYSDMV building by JFK... it is a bit of a ride but worth it...

We used the u-haul box truck for a bachelor party....which that in itself was fun...well we had lots of time and nothing to do and thought, he lets give these illegals a ride to nowhere...figuring they'll think it's a work truck, so we got i think 6 of them to come with us to work and away we went...at 1st doing the same thing we did the night before, hitting every bump and whipping corners listening to them slide around.... Then my friend say's hey i know where the ins building is that deports these guy's .... i said well lets go....so 55 miles later and there you are

Old 09-12-2009, 11:05 AM

807 posts, read 1,143,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I cant even feel comfortable speaking out against it. The video I did, I had to make private because I have to catch the bus in that spot and dont want to make these guys even more pissed at me. No one is protecting me from them. I called the Village and they said it was a police matter, I call the police and they say they cant do anything.
Who's gonna protect me when these guys want to make me their next victim?
Do I have to buy a gun?
And I am a male, imagine how much worse it is for the females. The code enforcement in this town is a joke. I knew it would get worse because the incumbant party got re-elected. They call themselves the Action Party, pretty ironic name since getting any action from them on this issue is futile.
The media is always in support of illegals so it seems there is no voice out there for us.
And that is where the sad reality lies.. There is TRULY NO ONE protect you from Illegal Alien thugs but yet if YOU were to even give them an off color look, the ACLU or some lib "do gooder" would likely file suit against you for discrimination or a "hate crime". Kinda funny though how it isn't call a HATE crime when it is turned in the other direction isn't it?

Old 09-12-2009, 12:41 PM

21,148 posts, read 37,476,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
And that is where the sad reality lies.. There is TRULY NO ONE protect you from Illegal Alien thugs but yet if YOU were to even give them an off color look, the ACLU or some lib "do gooder" would likely file suit against you for discrimination or a "hate crime". Kinda funny though how it isn't call a HATE crime when it is turned in the other direction isn't it?
Ironic: now that people of Japanese heritage, American Indians as well as American Blacks have just become the latest 'Anglos'-------------in the eyes of the above
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration