Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 06:44 PM

706 posts, read 939,753 times

Advertisements

Well, I guess we accomplished our goal, and it's time to concentrate on the flood of illegals crossing over from Canada.....

Administration Will Cut Border Patrol Deployed on U.S-Mexico Border
Thursday, September 24, 2009
By Terence P. Jeffrey, Editor-in-Chief

(CNSNews.com) - Even though the Border Patrol now reports that almost 1,300 miles of the U.S.-Mexico border is not under effective control, and the Department of Justice says that vast stretches of the border are “easily breached,” and the Government Accountability Office has revealed that three persons “linked to terrorism” and 530 aliens from “special interest countries” were intercepted at Border Patrol checkpoints last year, the administration is nonetheless now planning to decrease the number of Border Patrol agents deployed on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection

CNSNews.com - Administration Will Cut Border Patrol Deployed on U.S-Mexico Border (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/54514 - broken link)

Last edited by Yac; 09-25-2009 at 04:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,395 times
Absolutely outraging.. Yep! Guess it's more "Change We Can Believe in!"

Old 09-25-2009, 10:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
The state will enlist its National Guard, to do this.
Putting more burdens on the border states, for a federal short sighted blunder.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:34 PM

706 posts, read 939,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post
Its only being cut by a few hundred. Half of illegal immigrants are here by overstaying their visas, anyway. I don't it'll make a huge difference as far as actual patrols across the southern border.

I have to agree with You on this point,though probably for different reasons.
If there is a potential for more violence (shootouts at border crossings) it would seem logical to increase the LEO presence on the Border...not decrease it ....but then, I'm not a politician.

I don't believe there has been a serious attempt to control the borders even before president Shrub's "attempts"...

"LOS ANGELES — Government auditors reported Thursday that the effort to secure the Mexican border with technology and fences has fallen years behind schedule, will cost billions of dollars extra in maintenance costs and has no clear means of gauging whether illegal crossings have been curtailed."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/18/us/18fence.html?_r=1

Old 09-25-2009, 02:22 PM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Its only being cut by a few hundred. Half of illegal immigrants are here by overstaying their visas, anyway. I don't it'll make a huge difference as far as actual patrols across the southern border.
So.... is it legal to track down overstays? Who's detailed to this?

Old 09-26-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
um, ICE......................
Then why aren't they doing it? How come there are hundreds of thousands of Illegals walking around 30 seconds from the border on the US side?

Old 09-26-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
You're talking about the Mexican border? Come on man.
It's ridiculous enough to assume all Mexican descent people are illegals, but on the border itself? Those are mostly legal visitors from TJ, coming to work or shop. How do you not know this.

You don't even seem to know what ICE is.
You are not getting my point. BP can arrest people crossing the border. Once they are in urban areas they are untoucheable unless caught in a dui sweep or the like. ICE can't walk up to someone standing outside a 7/11 looking for work. Legal visitors from TJ aren't standing around the Home Depot parking lot waiting to jump into the back of someone's truck. Where do you think those 3 million Illegals in CA are hiding? They are right in plain sight.

Surely visitors from Mexico here legally have something better to do than hold up the exterior wall of a liquor store in National City on a daily basis? I sure wouldn't travel to TJ to stand around in the parking lot of some store day after day.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
You're talking about the Mexican border? Come on man.
It's ridiculous enough to assume all Mexican descent people are illegals, but on the border itself? Those are mostly legal visitors from TJ, coming to work or shop. How do you not know this.

You don't even seem to know what ICE is.
Guess what: since 1ATP's ancestors lived in pre 1848 Mexico; maybe he is indeed a 'Hispanic'----------but he simply does like/respect illegal aliens from today's Mexico.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
You missed it by a foot.

We're talking about the so-called heavy presence of illegals on the Mexican border. Back to start.
So called? Like I said before. Where are all those 3 million Illegals in CA? I see them but you don't? I could fill a stadium with them if ICE was actually allowed to arrest them.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:49 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
You missed it by a foot.

We're talking about the so-called heavy presence of illegals on the Mexican border. Back to start.
Pitch 'em out if here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration