Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 07:51 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
'We'? There must be a mouse in your pocket; trust me, with little exception----------there is nothing that only the Third World supplies that would be of interest to me.
Okay, stop filling your car up with gasoline, stop eating chocolate, stop drinking coffee, stop buying clothes, stop buying toys, stop eating tomatoes, stop eating peanuts, stop eating pineapples, stop putting tires on your car, stop buying cars in general, stop buying electronics...These things, among others, are from the first world. So unless you buy "Made in America" items only you may not use items from the third world. However, cars made in America may have foreign parts. Thus, it may not be fully American. So as I was saying...WE.

You must've known this right? It's common knowledge that many of the items that you buy and use are from the third world. Either produced in the Third World, or the raw materials are from the Third World...still from developing nations. You aren't that dumb. At least I don't think you are...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 07:57 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Okay, stop filling your car up with gasoline, stop eating chocolate, stop drinking coffee, stop buying clothes, stop buying toys, stop eating tomatoes, stop eating peanuts, stop eating pineapples, stop putting tires on your car, stop buying cars in general, stop buying electronics...These things, among others, are from the first world. So unless you buy "Made in America" items only you may not use items from the third world. However, cars made in America may have foreign parts. Thus, it may not be fully American. So as I was saying...WE.

You must've known this right? It's common knowledge that many of the items that you buy and use are from the third world. Either produced in the Third World, or the raw materials are from the Third World...still from developing nations. You aren't that dumb. At least I don't think you are...
Let me put it this way: IF the Third World were to disappear tomorrow--------I can safely say that all of those things you mentioned can be replicated here in the USA. It may take a few years; but, we will survive and prosper.

Please accept the fact that Mexico, China, Nigeria, etc. need us a hell of a lot more than we need them.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:08 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times
Quote:
Let me put it this way: IF the Third World were to disappear tomorrow--------I can safely say that all of those things you mentioned can be replicated here in the USA. It may take a few years; but, we will survive and prosper.

Please accept the fact that Mexico, China, Nigeria, etc. need us a hell of a lot more than we need them.
We would have a massive oil crisis (we import more oil than we produce...even after taking reserves into consideration), we would not be able to sustain our current consumer culture (we import more consumer goods than we export), much of our foodstuff would dissapear (my mom's country alone accounts for a third of the coffee you drink and over half the chocolate you consume). Please understand that our current system is based on consumption from the third world.

We would ultimately collapse under the weight of our consumption if the third world were to entirely disappear. I don't even begin to fathom how you don't understand that...

Old 09-27-2009, 09:22 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
You are a true blue American.
Oh oh oh oh! Me toooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineCountry View Post
Count me in. I am black, or half black/white anyway. I wholeheartedly support what liberalVoice had to say.
Sweet! Thank you for your support!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:08 PM

18,123 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Why do I feel like I am being punished for being a law abiding LEGAL citizen?

Why should illegals get the short cut while hard working immigrants don't?
Only the extreme left is completely in favor of illegal immigrant (and Ronald Reagan)

Right now, private business is benefitting from illegal immigrantion at american job's expense.

I'm in favor of immigration, but it should be 100% controlled by the government.
Anybody is welcome to come to the US... BUT... they can only work for the fedral, state or city governments ... if they don't comply with that, they are gone.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:36 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Anybody is welcome to come to the US... BUT... they can only work for the fedral, state or city governments ... if they don't comply with that, they are gone.
Why?

Old 09-28-2009, 02:32 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,395 times
I voted for Obama and was a liberal activist during the Bush years (my politics are gradually moving to the more moderate side these days) and am very strongly against amnesty, free services, etc.. for Illegal Aliens.. I also am Pro-Diversity and don't believe that one particular group of people should be given the entitlement to break the laws that others would have to follow (and be rewarded for it)..

It also really angers me when people try to lump in Illegal Aliens with "Immigrants" as my Grandmother and mother were IMMIGRANTS from Japan.. They came legally, learned english and became citizens.. They love the U.S. and assimilated into the culture and did NOT expect the culture to assimilate to them and their culture!

Old 09-28-2009, 08:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
I voted for Obama and was a liberal activist during the Bush years (my politics are gradually moving to the more moderate side these days) and am very strongly against amnesty, free services, etc.. for Illegal Aliens.. I also am Pro-Diversity and don't believe that one particular group of people should be given the entitlement to break the laws that others would have to follow (and be rewarded for it)..

It also really angers me when people try to lump in Illegal Aliens with "Immigrants" as my Grandmother and mother were IMMIGRANTS from Japan.. They came legally, learned english and became citizens.. They love the U.S. and assimilated into the culture and did NOT expect the culture to assimilate to them and their culture!
I do not know if you read my opening post or not but ! This is exactly how I feel.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I do not know if you read my opening post or not but ! This is exactly how I feel.
Simple, basic human nature, and it continues to amaze me that some people either "don't get" this...(or are trying not to). When you...or your parents..or your grandparents....have "played by the rules"...."jumped through the hoops"..."done the right thing", and otherwise sacrificed, 'stood in line', and gone through the sometimes arduous process of becoming an American citizen, you're going to rightly feel that you have gone to great effort to "have something" very valuable, that was purchased at great price. It's VERY unlikely, then, that you're going to have a whole lot of sympathy for those who've chosen to circumvent the system, made an 'end run' to the finish line, and now are loudly agitating and demanding to "have a piece of the pie"....a piece they never should have had in the FIRST place, and were unwilling to achieve honestly. It's not 'hate', nor 'xenophobia', nor 'racism'....nor is it even neccessarily 'selfishness'. It's valuing your own struggle, and wanting that struggle honored and acknowledged, rather than made a 'joke' by including EVERYONE, regardless of whether they deserve it or not.

It would be no different, in terms of human dynamics, if a group of people had made great sacrifice, stood in line, 'waited their turn', paid for a ticket, and were now seated in a theatre, awaiting a performance...and a group of "crashers" came through the side entrance, standing in the aisles, blocking the view, and talking on their cell phones. What would be the 'result'? Probably anger...a call to have these people ejected...frustration with management...and maybe even a scuffle. Why? Because the paying guests "hated" the gate-crashers? Because they were "selfish"? No....because they (the paying audience) would reason that these people were intruders, and OUGHT to go outside, get in line, and buy a ticket.

It's not 'hate'....it's only basic, common-sense human nature. Those who've done things the 'right way' are going to be disapproving of those who aren't willing to take those steps.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:01 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
It's true. When I lived in El Paso, the folks that hated the illegals the most were the hispanics who had played fair to move here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration