U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 01:13 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,001,736 times

Advertisements

This is kind of like a story but I think it holds up why I am against illegal immigration. Please do read.

Back in the late 60's, my father was a 17 year old boy. He was born and raised in India. Seeing that there were no jobs and future for him there, he decided to come to the west. He lived in a house that barely had a roof on it and the pollution was just horrible. He wanted a better life for himself and his future children. Note that I nor my sister were born.

He applied for a Green Card to come to Canada (I will get to America next) and he waited for six or seven months and got that letter in the mail. Canada granted him the Green Card. He left India and came to study and work in Canada. He made $3.50 an hour working in a corn field and learned English fluently in India BEFORE coming to Canada. (Unlike some illegal immigrants who come here and expect US to learn Spanish.)

My father educated himself on $3.50 an hour in a country that was very foreign to him at the age of 17. He paid rent, paid tuition, car insurance, food, etc etc. He did not go on welfare at all (Unlike some illegal immigrants who come here and expect handouts) and he is still damn proud of that today.

Time flew by and he decided to get married. He got married to my mother and finished up his college degree as an engineer. A year later, I was born. He applied for jobs in the USA and Canada. Several companies from the USA called my dad back. He got the job with Chrysler and applied for citizenship LEGALLY.

To make the long story short, today my dad lives in a house that has a roof () and has spent around 15 years with Chrysler as a tool and dye maker. He says he would never have this in India and is grateful he got the chances to come to Canada and the United States.

This is why I am against illegal immigration. My dad worked hard to study English in India, he applied legally, paid taxes, DID NOT use any welfare from either Canada or USA and worked hard in general. How is it fair to hard working LEGAL immigrants (who take their time to learn Canadian/America culture and language) when illegals come here and go on welfare with no wait? Legal immigrants wait however long it takes while illegals just jump that fence and come over here.

Sorry but the sob story does not work with me. They can apply legally to come to USA/Canada but jumping the fence and expecting us to take care of them is INSANE. My father (my hero) worked so hard and saved up money to come to the West and give me, my sister and my mother a better life. And he did.

I keep on reading about illegals who want the DREAM Act passed. You are kidding, right? I hear about grants and loans for these people. Why? Why do they get this special treatment? They don't pay taxes. I do. So why don't I get some free money? What makes them so special? Why do I feel like I am being punished for being a law abiding LEGAL citizen?

Why should illegals get the short cut while hard working immigrants don't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 01:22 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
This is kind of like a story but I think it holds up why I am against illegal immigration. Please do read.

Back in the late 60's, my father was a 17 year old boy. He was born and raised in India. Seeing that there were no jobs and future for him there, he decided to come to the west. He lived in a house that barely had a roof on it and the pollution was just horrible. He wanted a better life for himself and his future children. Note that I nor my sister were born.

He applied for a Green Card to come to Canada (I will get to America next) and he waited for six or seven months and got that letter in the mail. Canada granted him the Green Card. He left India and came to study and work in Canada. He made $3.50 an hour working in a corn field and learned English fluently in India BEFORE coming to Canada. (Unlike some illegal immigrants who come here and expect US to learn Spanish.)

My father educated himself on $3.50 an hour in a country that was very foreign to him at the age of 17. He paid rent, paid tuition, car insurance, food, etc etc. He did not go on welfare at all (Unlike some illegal immigrants who come here and expect handouts) and he is still damn proud of that today.

Time flew by and he decided to get married. He got married to my mother and finished up his college degree as an engineer. A year later, I was born. He applied for jobs in the USA and Canada. Several companies from the USA called my dad back. He got the job with Chrysler and applied for citizenship LEGALLY.

To make the long story short, today my dad lives in a house that has a roof () and has spent around 15 years with Chrysler as a tool and dye maker. He says he would never have this in India and is grateful he got the chances to come to Canada and the United States.

This is why I am against illegal immigration. My dad worked hard to study English in India, he applied legally, paid taxes, DID NOT use any welfare from either Canada or USA and worked hard in general. How is it fair to hard working LEGAL immigrants (who take their time to learn Canadian/America culture and language) when illegals come here and go on welfare with no wait? Legal immigrants wait however long it takes while illegals just jump that fence and come over here.

Sorry but the sob story does not work with me. They can apply legally to come to USA/Canada but jumping the fence and expecting us to take care of them is INSANE. My father (my hero) worked so hard and saved up money to come to the West and give me, my sister and my mother a better life. And he did.

I keep on reading about illegals who want the DREAM Act passed. You are kidding, right? I hear about grants and loans for these people. Why? Why do they get this special treatment? They don't pay taxes. I do. So why don't I get some free money? What makes them so special? Why do I feel like I am being punished for being a law abiding LEGAL citizen?

Why should illegals get the short cut while hard working immigrants don't?
Because by there sheer numbers they think that they can. A hostile takeover so to speak.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Because by there sheer numbers they think that they can. A hostile takeover so to speak.
Well, we need to stick up against them.

Deport them all back. If they cannot provide documentation of status, kick them out. Do NOT allow them in schools and DO NOT give them the jobs.

It is time we started being more forceful on these rules and penalize the companies that do hire these people. Any schools that are caught with illegal students in there should be fined.

It is not that hard. We just have to stand up and protect this country.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Well, we need to stick up against them.

Deport them all back. If they cannot provide documentation of status, kick them out. Do NOT allow them in schools and DO NOT give them the jobs.

It is time we started being more forceful on these rules and penalize the companies that do hire these people. Any schools that are caught with illegal students in there should be fined.

It is not that hard. We just have to stand up and protect this country.
Ike has already proven it can work and it's cheap to do to. Random deportations, it's all it takes. They will self deport by the millions.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Ike has already proven it can work and it's cheap to do to. Random deportations, it's all it takes. They will self deport by the millions.
Yep. Once they know we are serious about it, they will leave themselves.

It is so ironic that Mexicans treat their illegal immigrant so badly but expect us to keep them. Yuck !

Old 09-25-2009, 02:35 PM

17 posts, read 54,111 times
Trust, there are a lot of liberals against any form of amnesty for illegal immigrants. In fact, it's probably the one issue that seems to unite people regardless of their political affiliation. The only people I know in real life who are for any kind of reform/amnesty have family & friends who have come here illegally or overstayed visa.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Yep. Once they know we are serious about it, they will leave themselves.

It is so ironic that Mexicans treat their illegal immigrant so badly but expect us to keep them. Yuck !

It's funny how many Pro_Illegals think the rest of us Americans are clueless about what happens in places like Mexico or Guatemala. Many of us have lived there or spent years there. It truly is comical how they think they can dictate to us how they know why Illegals come here and we don't. It's equally amusing that they try and push that the agenda to as why we should accept them. They know better than the people actually being burdened and paying for it.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:40 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
amnesty is a clear message keep doing it, 21 million entered after the last amnesty.
stop it.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
amnesty is a clear message keep doing it, 21 million entered after the last amnesty.
stop it.
Obviously the planet has an endless supply of Peasants to send us. We should continue on our path. (head smack).

Old 09-25-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Obviously the planet has an endless supply of Peasants to send us. We should continue on our path. (head smack).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hester Prynne 417 View Post
Trust, there are a lot of liberals against any form of amnesty for illegal immigrants. In fact, it's probably the one issue that seems to unite people regardless of their political affiliation. The only people I know in real life who are for any kind of reform/amnesty have family & friends who have come here illegally or overstayed visa.
Yeah. MOST people. I have met some people who take offense when I call these people "Illegals". I get the whole "They're people too." I KNOW they are people. I never said they were not people.

I do not see why people who are here illegally think they are entitled to ANYTHING.

I am currently attending University of Michigan and taking Spanish. I cannot wait until I finish so I can properly tell them to LEAVE.

Quote:
It's funny how many Pro_Illegals think the rest of us Americans are clueless about what happens in places like Mexico or Guatemala. Many of us have lived there or spent years there. It truly is comical how they think they can dictate to us how they know why Illegals come here and we don't. It's equally amusing that they try and push that the agenda to as why we should accept them. They know better than the people actually being burdened and paying for it.
EXACTLY. I agree. I have not lived or spent years there but I have read and talked with people who have. It is not pretty. I say get rid of all of them or give the ones who are here legal status and force them to pay taxes as well.

THEN make the border harder to get by and higher!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration