U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 AM

3,073 posts, read 4,293,018 times
Default Let me see your ID before you see my money OK?

In todays world with all of these illegal aliens running amuck is it ok to ask for a persons ID before you do business with them? Many people that hire these people dont seem to care but maybe we who do business with them should,,,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 12:03 PM

4,753 posts, read 3,858,738 times
Is it OK to ask to see their ID? It's your money, spend it as you see fit, IMO.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:07 PM

852 posts, read 1,612,385 times
ID - if you want to check their resident status they would have to be carrying a "green card" or their passport with the visa stamped in it.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:41 PM

4,227 posts, read 3,969,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post
ID - if you want to check their resident status they would have to be carrying a "green card" or their passport with the visa stamped in it.
It is amazing that this isn't currently being done as it is in most countries.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:38 PM

171 posts, read 87,160 times
It is so nice when everybody is at the same spot with the same purpose in mind. it is like staking out a bad corner. and you know they will always come out to the same corner where the holly kool aid is being dispensed.

Old 09-26-2009, 03:13 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,859,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
It is amazing that this isn't currently being done as it is in most countries.
Are you saying people in other countries carry proof on them that they are a legal immigrant ?

Old 09-26-2009, 04:41 PM

1,498 posts, read 1,754,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
Are you saying people in other countries carry proof on them that they are a legal immigrant ?
I have heard of this for some countries in Europe. I don't see how that would be possible here. Even state IDs are different across the states. And over in Europe it's more relevant since we are talking cross countries vs here where we are all one big happy US of A.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:12 PM

4,227 posts, read 3,969,422 times
Quote:

I know what you are trying to do. When one visits other countries, especially U.S. citizens, one needs to carry their passport or other I.D. to even enter the country. For one thing, hotels normally hold them until bills are paid, and they are needed for emergenies. I know that the common market countries don't require passports from each other common market countries anymore. An American must have a passport or visa to visit most countries overseas. The reason for carrying them is to "prove that they are in the country legally". That is why they have customs officers at airports. A country may not require one to have such identification on their person, but they better have quick access to it.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:34 PM

3,073 posts, read 4,293,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clavoski View Post
It is so nice when everybody is at the same spot with the same purpose in mind. it is like staking out a bad corner. and you know they will always come out to the same corner where the holly kool aid is being dispensed.
Yo what you have been drinking isnt kool aid my man,,,,,,I can not understand anything in your post,,

Old 09-26-2009, 06:03 PM

5,340 posts, read 4,926,207 times
Quote:
Oh please, what he was alluded to was a national ID system that has been the norm for a gazzillion yrs in many parts of Eur. but for some crzy reason never adopted here.

Yes he is saying "people in other countries carry proof on them that they are a legal (legal) "NOT immigrant. Trieste, Italy, (ole) Yugosalvia, and on and on. Susan 42 I'm sure you know this. . .why the question??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration