Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 10:11 PM

52 posts, read 103,009 times

Advertisements

My friend return from vacations just to find his job taken by an illegal mexican.now only mexicans work at his old job.So he went a file a discrimination suit against his boss for hiring only mexicans.He win 5000$.So next time some boss fired you to hire an illegal or refuse to hire you if you not a mexican sue them

Old 09-25-2009, 10:23 PM

636 posts, read 1,423,768 times
Ridiculous. Your boss doesn't owe you a job.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:24 PM

228 posts, read 507,488 times
Dumb post. Mexicans illegal or not are willing to work twice as hard for half the wage. Would you rather scrub toilets and pick fruits in the hot sun for $7.15 an hour? I don't think so. I'm against illegal immigration as much as the next guy but I'm rational enough not to live in fear of illegal immigrants. I just go about my business and let the Mexicans go about theirs as long as no one starts anything with me.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
you could hire a lawyer and go to court, but that 5000 bucks will soon run out.
better bet is unions.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:44 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,888,340 times

YouTube - they took our jobs

Old 09-26-2009, 01:15 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,590 times
Default Umm?

Umm, let's just agree that illegal immigrants, by definition, don't have civil rights in the U.S., and thus don't have the power to "steal" anything legally granted to you. Given that basic principle, if you'll grant me that, it's hard for me to understand how said "illegal immigrants" "stole" anything from you. If said "illegals" broke into your home and took something, then the word "stealing" would make sense. Otherwise, the guilty party here is your employer. I'm not saying I'm not sympathetic to someone who lost his or her job, I'm just saying that you should place the blame on the provider of that job if you feel that that provider's policies regarding so-called illegals has placed you at a disadvantage.

My great-grandfather stumbled penniless and full of disease in 1895 off of a ship and onto Ellis Island after a traumatic Atlantic crossing--a bureacrat mispelled his name, but luckily, he was able to benefit from the Homestead Act (welfare for white people heading into the middle class in the Midwest) and stake a claim in Central Iowa. His offspring that his eleven children generated now live all over the U.S.; I'm one of those children who certainly doesn't come from privilege, and now I'm in NJ, and my ties trace a series of parabolas across the U.S. Please try to see how your employer has more to do with your layoff than one lonely and unprotected immigrant's fate does. Your former employer didn't hire an immigrant over you because the immigrant exists and could be hired, but rather because your former employer is greedy. Place the blame where it belongs.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:24 AM

1,943 posts, read 6,983,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATIKA View Post
My friend return from vacations just to find his job taken by an illegal mexican.now only mexicans work at his old job.So he went a file a discrimination suit against his boss for hiring only mexicans.He win 5000$.So next time some boss fired you to hire an illegal or refuse to hire you if you not a mexican sue them
are you not an immigrant yourself?

Old 09-26-2009, 09:36 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solibs View Post
are you not an immigrant yourself?
Magic word is "illegal".

Old 09-26-2009, 10:45 AM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
Apparently if you are going to be in the landscaping biz you are probably going to run into a lot of that. I'm not in that biz but there must be others who are more experienced or just become a rocket scientist and brain surgeon instead.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:11 PM

744 posts, read 1,406,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Magic word is "illegal".
The magic word isn't in the key sentence: "So he went a file a discrimination suit against his boss for hiring only mexicans." (of course the sentence makes no sense anyway, but I'm sure we can all work out what it is supposed to say).

Sure he assumes the worker who replaced him is an illegal immigrant, but the next complaint about mexican workers doesn't place that limit.

If you were concerned about the illegal immigrant part the suit would be about hiring illegal immigrants, or hiring those without work permits. That they happen to be mexican is irrelevant to the complaint that they are illegal immigrants. But instead the complaint is that they are mexicans, in other words just immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration