Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 02:47 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Then separate the families and put the children in foster homes like is done with other people who go to jails and prisons for things like hot checks and DUIs, shoplifting, fraud and so on. Next time someone complains about keeping families together show them these videos and explain that it's better for children to be placed in foster homes apart from families.

It's not less sad for children of other jailed parents to be separated from them and a lot of parents are in jails and prisons for a big variety of offenses.

I think the obvious scams should be deported as a family very quickly.
Malamute, again...this is not your average illegal immigrant. These are asylum seekers. Therefore, we should not treat them as criminals. I agree that there should be quick deportation but if there is a candidate with a good case, we should give them the benefit of the doubt and let them be with their kids in a more family homelike environment. These options are much cheaper than the jails. They can have the ankle bracelet which is much cheaper than the costly prison. Arent we concerned with our tax dollars? Why will you not accept more inexpensive forms of detainment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 06:52 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Isn't one supposed to apply for asylum and be approved before they come here? I read something once about the ankle bracelets and why they aren't usually used but I can't recall what the reason was but obviously there is one.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:03 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Many illegal immigrants do come here young and either start their families here with US citizens or they bring their wives from their countries. If you live here, work here, it normal to start a family here. Having children is just part of life Benicar. No one is going to stop their lives and say...opps, I'm going to **** off Americans if I have children here...I better go to my country have my kids. If this becomes your home, this is where you will have your kids.

Our fault is giving them jobs...that is the BIGGEST reason why they stay...someone gave them a job. We facilitated their stay. Three children is not uncommon for families to have and even in our cultures Benicar, we have large families. Having legal status or illegal status is irrelevant. People dont stop and think about their status...its just a fact of life.
Again: all the more reason to not only rigorously enforce our immigration laws; but also cancel birthright citizenship for Anchor Babies born after a certain date.

In Mexico: the norm is just over 2 children per woman so that 'large family' thing is an obsolete stereotype.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:24 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Many illegal immigrants do come here young and either start their families here with US citizens or they bring their wives from their countries. If you live here, work here, it normal to start a family here. Having children is just part of life Benicar. No one is going to stop their lives and say...opps, I'm going to **** off Americans if I have children here...I better go to my country have my kids. If this becomes your home, this is where you will have your kids.

Our fault is giving them jobs...that is the BIGGEST reason why they stay...someone gave them a job. We facilitated their stay. Three children is not uncommon for families to have and even in our cultures Benicar, we have large families. Having legal status or illegal status is irrelevant. People dont stop and think about their status...its just a fact of life.
It is “normal†to start a family when a couple can support it. Contraception is not a new medical breakthrough. Clearly, someone earning a minimum wage (or less) can NOT support 3 or more children without government assistance. It’s called personal responsibility.

Illegals have children in this country they know they cannot support, because they know they won’t have to support them. I am tired of my taxes being squandered on illegal aliens and their children. I can’t recall the last time I saw one of our gate crashers who was not pregnant, or had at least 3 stair-steps in tow. It’s disgusting.

I love children, but I didn’t have a large family, because I want what is best for my child. It certainly would be a financial drain to pay tuition for three or four children; not to mention, food, clothing, and other necessities. Common sense dictates it is less expensive to raise one child than three or four. Responsible adults practice family planning -- they don’t behave like rabbits.

Legal/Illegal status is relevant. A citizen has a right to live here.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:29 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It is “normal” to start a family when a couple can support it. Contraception is not a new medical breakthrough. Clearly, someone earning a minimum wage (or less) can NOT support 3 or more children without government assistance. It’s called personal responsibility.

Illegals have children in this country they know they cannot support, because they know they won’t have to support them. I am tired of my taxes being squandered on illegal aliens and their children. I can’t recall the last time I saw one of our gate crashers who was not pregnant, or had at least 3 stair-steps in tow. It’s disgusting.

I love children, but I didn’t have a large family, because I want what is best for my child. It certainly would be a financial drain to pay tuition for three or four children; not to mention, food, clothing, and other necessities. Common sense dictates it is less expensive to raise one child than three or four. Responsible adults practice family planning -- they don’t behave like rabbits.

Legal/Illegal status is relevant. A citizen has a right to live here.

Rice and Beans doesn't cost much. But I agree with you people should have better planning around how many kids they have, this goes for legal and illegals.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Rice and Beans doesn't cost much. But I agree with you people should have better planning around how many kids they have, this goes for legal and illegals.
Beans and rice may be relatively inexpensive. However, rent/mortgage, utilities, clothing, etc. continue to skyrocket. If a couple has 3 or 4 kids, to live comfortably, they need at least a 3-bedroom apartment/house. That isn’t cheap.

I agree. Both citizens and illegals are irresponsible. Unfortunately, taxpayers are forced to pay for both.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:44 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Beans and rice may be relatively inexpensive. However, rent/mortgage, utilities, clothing, etc. continue to skyrocket. If a couple has 3 or 4 kids, to live comfortably, they need at least a 3-bedroom apartment/house. That isn’t cheap.

I agree. Both citizens and illegals are irresponsible. Unfortunately, taxpayers are forced to pay for both.
Totally agree with you, it is a Catch22 though. If we don't pay, then they sit on the street and their kids never amount to anything.

We can't go inside everyone's body and turn their reproductive organs off.

I would never file for any freebees, my parents passed on too much pride for that.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Totally agree with you, it is a Catch22 though. If we don't pay, then they sit on the street and their kids never amount to anything.

I would never file for any freebees, my parents passed on too much pride for that.
Unfortunately, we DO pay, and many of their kids still amount to nothing.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:52 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:

If we didn't offer free education and healthcare they wouldn't come here in the first place. That is what needs to be changed in this country. No tax payer benefits to anyone who isn't legally in our country and no jobs without proof of being legally in our country. If the 14th amendment gets interpreted the way it is supposed to be they wouldn't be giving birth in our country to gain taxpayer benefits for their kids either.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:15 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:

Cancelling birthright citizenship for Anchors would run many illegals out of the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration